News: TS: Dak Prescott 'Eager' To Prove People Wrong: NFL World Reacts

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep at least for next season too....
And that's if Jerry is willing to own up that Dak is not the answer...
Don't hold your breath on that one.
They need to draft a QB with the top 5 pick they are likely to have by the seasons end. I dont care if it hurts Dak's feelings.

They need to either draft a QB or Jalen Carter. Start building this team around the only generational player on it. Put Carter in front of Parsons and let him wreak havoc.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No. Its called reality. Dak has had more than those 7 games as proof. You just ignore it because it doesnt suit you agenda.

Either way. He looked like dog crap on Sunday. So did the entire offense. And we both had been saying it all off season. Which is why I wanted to build around Parsons in the first place.

So call me what you want. I really dont care lol.
I don't live in the reality where a 7 game stretch in a 7 year career makes me question if that's who the player really is or not.

If somebody has lied to you for 7 straight years, but they were honest with you for 7 weeks, but then went back to lying again I would hope you wouldn't trust that person.

I can actually see you wondering that though, because a few other here share that thought process. We know who they are lol

It has nothing to do with an agenda. I just chose to use common sense instead of wishful "fanboyish" thinking.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't live in the reality where a 7 game stretch in a 7 year career makes me question if that's who the player really is or not.

If somebody has lied to you for 7 straight years, but they were honest with you for 7 weeks, but then went back to lying again I would hope you wouldn't trust that person.

I can actually see you wondering that though, because a few other here share that thought process. We know who they are lol

It has nothing to do with an agenda. I just chose to use common sense instead of wishful "fanboyish" thinking.
LOL.

I look at the entire body of work. And its much more than 7 weeks where he has played that way.

But continue on your mission good sir. All the power to you.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
They need to draft a QB with the top 5 pick they are likely to have by the seasons end. I dont care if it hurts Dak's feelings.

They need to either draft a QB or Jalen Carter. Start building this team around the only generational player on it. Put Carter in front of Parsons and let him wreak havoc.
You are counting on Jerry admitting he made a mistake in signing Dak long term.
Jerry does not do that easily.
See Garrett as HC for a prime example.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Dak can’t keep playing the underdog roll his whole career. If he wanted to he shouldn’t of held out for 40 million a year. Idc if he comes back leads the team to a division title….. if this team doesn’t win the SB he failed.

last year he had a perfect opportunity against an injured SF defense and couldn’t get it done.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You are counting on Jerry admitting he made a mistake in signing Dak long term.
Jerry does not do that easily.
See Garrett as HC for a prime example.
Oh I know he wont do it. I am saying it what needs to happen. Thats why I put Carter as a fall back.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If he can come back from his injury and play great, I'm all for that. I'm not holding my breath, but if he proves himself, I'll give him props.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have come to this conclusion:
Dak is a quality person.
But does not have the skill set needed
To play QB at a high level consistently in the NFL.
Hate to say this as we have no viable alternative.

This is what I believe is true. I have no problem at all with Dak as a human being. He's a terrific person. I would love to invite him over for a few drinks. However, I think this is his last year as an NFL starter. From here on out, he'll be a decent journeyman backup QB for some team. And the Cowboys will be searching for the next starter, maybe using a stop-gap veteran while we try to draft the right QB.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This is what I believe is true. I have no problem at all with Dak as a human being. He's a terrific person. I would love to invite him over for a few drinks. However, I think this is his last year as an NFL starter. From here on out, he'll be a decent journeyman backup QB for some team. And the Cowboys will be searching for the next starter, maybe using a stop-gap veteran while we try to draft the right QB.
You know you could very well be right.
BUT, Jerry would have to admit he made a mistake signing Dak long term.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If he can come back from his injury and play great, I'm all for that. I'm not holding my breath, but if he proves himself, I'll give him props.

I think most of us will. If he gets this team to the Super Bowl then wins it with outstanding play, it will shut most of his critics up.

Well, most of them.

But after 7 years, it's hhhhhaarrrdddd to see him improving any more than where he is today. That deer-in-the-headlight stare Sunday night was so revealing, I can barely put it into words. It's like he saw the ghost of Dick Butkus, LT and Ray Lewis all rolled into one.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We've seen Dak without Moore though. It's still not good.

In fact, Dak's numbers didn't take off until Moore took over. Moore has had the Cowboys as the #1 offense 2 of his 3 seasons as the OC. Am I a Moore fan? Not at all. Do I think Dak is the bigger problem? 100%.

Hey, I'll just sit back and let you continue to push this "Dak is used wrong" narrative to avoid the truth. Sooner or later you'll have to accept it. It took me until Week 16 of 2019. You're just a late bloomer lol
I'll only say this in Dak's defense, he's not used correctly. Whether that is because the OC wants it that way or Dak, he's not being made to play to his strengths. His strengths are handing the ball off, utilizing play-action, and rolling out of the pocket so his WR's have time to get "college open." He makes the line look bad because he's not decisive, doesn't understand his protections, and panics at the slightest hint of pressure.

Basically, it's not that we can't win at all with him, it's that we can't win it all with him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. Dak is so limited in terms of the throws he can and can't reliably make. This idea that it's the OC's fault makes no sense to me. I think he's actually done very well considering what he has to work with.
Linehan, Moore, who is the next victim to try and make Prescott a competent QB?????
It's like someone giving you a plowing farm horse and telling you to win the Kentucky Derby.
GL with that!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Linehan, Moore, who is the next victim to try and make Prescott a competent QB?????
It's like someone giving you a plowing farm horse and telling you to win the Kentucky Derby.
GL with that!
hey, Festus's mule ruth beat a thoroughbred in a horse race once. :laugh:

Asklesko

Reaction score
Wanting to prove something to the world is what a rookie says, not a seasoned veteran

TwentyOne

Reaction score
That last para is indicative of someone who didn't lose the stabilizing force in their life followed by a brother taking their own life. Hopefully, you do not have to experience what he did but that might provide insight. The kind of insight you do not have into his everyday life.

Lay into his QB skills or lack of but not one of us knows what is inside the man. I think that last para is one of the lowest blows I've seen posted about him.

Well i guess you missinterpreted me or do not understand what i wrote.

But you know what's funny? You did is exactly what you accused me of. You dont know what i have been thru or what i know or not know, what my educational backgound is. But you already make statements about me (see your post quoted in bold).

But you are right. I never lost stabilizing forces in my life. But not because i didnt lose beloved persons. No, because i am the stabilizing force in my life and not somebody else. To have somebody else as your stabilizing force is what you need when you are 1 to around 12 years old. You should not need that when you are a grownup person. Thats why you are called grown up.

If you still need it you should search for a therapist to learn how to stand on your own two feet. But certainly you should not search for a leading role in an exposed position!

With that said i did not question that he went thru something bad. Of course the guy has every right to feel down. But it wasnt me who said he had a depression. It was him. So i have enough insight IF i can trust what he says. But you are right, can i actually trust what this guy tells me ?

And this has nothing to do with losing stability. We are talking about something else. There is a big difference between feeling down or being depressive. Depression is an illness. Having a down feeling is normal if you going thru a tough time or something bad happend.

And even if he doesnt have a depression, still losing stability is not something i expect from someone who is said to be a stable person, a leader.

Seriously i cant follow you if you say that my post was a "low" post. Maybe you like the guy and therefor felt offended.
I am sorry for that. I didnt want to offend you. But reality is reality. You have to learn how to handle facts without the need of diminishing others.