News: TS: Jordan Love Explains To Micah Parsons How Packers Beat Cowboys

krs1bro

Reaction score
Winners are beast mode in the trenches......that hasn't changed in forever thank god. Enough with the baby talk. You make millions and cant show up with a pair...go away! Dak your a dam good person but choke in big moments. Just quit. You got paid bro....walk away. In big games you are like nothing, navel lint or a bottle cap. Dog turd....just walk away dude and let the next guy up maybe win big games.....just frustrated with seeing no end to this crap.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That's why I laugh at the people who think Overshown was some big loss. He wouldn't have done anything to help this run d except be another safety that's playing out of position
Overshown is a lb. Was a lb in college. Listed on the Cowboys website at 220 lbs. Bell at 205 lbs.

He wouldn't have helped much, but at 220 he'd done at least some better....

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I keep laughing too because he played what?.....one preseason game and showed flashes......that's it! It proves absolutely nothing but yet he's the savior at the position the way Matt Johnson was the savior at safety because of his flashes.......
Yeah it gets way Over stated what he's Shown.

khiladi

Reaction score
Every scheme has a weakness. It’s up to the coaches and players to minimize these weaknesses. Quinn’s defense was smaller, but it allowed the defense to generate TOs. When has our “elite” QB showed any ability to engage in a shootout with a good team, not a bunch of bums like the Raiders when he ended ul throwing the ball in the dirt to Noah brown in OT or at Zeke’s feet against the Vikings when in the red zone to blow the game.

tomokawan

Reaction score
The defense was built to play with a lead. The offense never did their part.
When did the defense give us a lead. The defense let them score on the first drive. 7-0. So it was their fault we did not have a lead. They need to blame themselves. Offense was not great, but the defense was worse.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Anyone who is actually interested in football and the Cowboys, might consider starting the video at the 5 minute mark and watch another ten minutes.

That is what his podcast is like in real life and not as it has been reported here.

It’s *not* the thread starting clickbait and it’s *not* the hive mind of the Zone who actively *wants* Parsons to be a villain

(… an aside… an honest and thoughtful thinking session on the porch during a quiet night without “keeping score” here on the forum, would help us all),

but the actual reality of what his podcast is about.

Don’t let other people tell you what to believe, me included!

Watch the infamous, much (mis)”quoted” interview that Micah hosted in his podcast with Jordan Love.

This is one of the “Micah is a teenage girl who loves our enemies and craps on the Star” bits that are based on hot take soundbytes and clickbait Zone posts but is much ado about nothing.

Again, if you don’t want to watch the hour, start at five minutes and watch another ten. Think he’s just selling product or trying to make money or fame? This segment shows he’s interested in football and practicing his craft.

OR … you continue to let other posters here at the zone make up your mind for you.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Overshown was a DB his first two years in college. Way too slow to play S in the NFL, and most likely too thin to start at LB. He's most obviously a tweener, though he is a ball player, so a good DC should be able to use him effectively.
Actually almost exactly a proto FS/SS in todays NFL..I also laugh that folks think ANOTHER really light LB would've fixed this..hell he wasnt the Mike on his college team because he was too small...

DeMarvion Germanic Lee Overshown is an American football linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. He played college football at Texas. Wikipedia
Born: 2000 (age 23 years), Tyler, TX
Weight: 220 lbs
NFL draft: 2023 / Round: 3 / Pick: 90
Position: Linebacker
Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)

compared to:

Leighton Vander Esch is an American football linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. He played college football at Boise State, and was drafted by the Cowboys in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Wikipedia
Born: 1996 (age 28 years), Riggins, ID
Current team: Dallas Cowboys (#55 / Linebacker)
Date joined: 2018 (Dallas Cowboys)
Education: Boise State University
Weight: 256 lbs

not 15 pounds try 30+...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Micah Aaron Parsons is an American football linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. Wikipedia
Born: May 26, 1999 (age 24 years), Harrisburg, PA
Current team: Dallas Cowboys (#11 / Linebacker)
Weight: 245 lbs
Height: 6′ 3″

This looks like a MLB also if only we could find someone like this!!!!

Wait thats too big to play LB in Dallas we gotta move him to DE.....it would be unfair if he didnt go up against 300 pouind tackles all game..

RonWashington

Reaction score

"I think the key for us going into the game was that we needed to run the ball," Love said to Micah Parsons. "That was the huge thing. Obviously, we played y'all the year before and I felt like we ran the ball pretty well so just going against y'all, I'm not trying to talk but y'all linebackers, I think you had a DB playing linebacker."

"That was our goal, is to be able to run the ball and that was going to set everything else up."

Wow Jordan Love telling it like it is . A DB playing LB . Run the ball down your throat then the receivers become wide open .

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have a feeling he's going to be just another average LB after a few more years at best. He's becoming more interested in his own voice than his own play on the field. Was hoping for a perennial leader, not only on D but for the entire team.
I have a feeling that you're drunk.