News: TS: Jordan Love Explains To Micah Parsons How Packers Beat Cowboys

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Exactly.........they never came close to replacing him. What gets to me is they did nothing until Shaq Leonard happen to hit the market mid-season and it's like we will address it now.
That's on Quinn and the front office. Lve got injured early in the season, they had plenty of time to find a legitimate replacement, but decided to go with Clark and Bell, which was a massive mistake. I think with Zimmer now on board, those hybrid players will be playing more of their natural positions. Bell moving back to safety. Now adding a legitimate linebacker along with Bell as a safety makes the run defense all that better.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The problem is why and how Micah got J. Love to be on his podcast -- and the very fact that Micah Parsons had that podcast to begin with. Micah is a major problem for the Dallas Cowboys.
He's every bit as guilty of becoming a celebrity football player as Romo which Parcells warned us about on the way out of Dallas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That’s not how it is these days man.

Lamb is boys with Hurts since they went to college together As an example.

Rivalry is for the fans and college. There is zero hatred in the NFL
hate is too strong a word. Its pride, integrity of your craft. Im not seeing much of either from Micah.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I absolutely do not care what you ‘think’ because you do not ‘know’

Im no fan of Stephen but Quinn was a moron and was responsible for the players on the field and how they no showed

So please spare me
:facepalm: I guess I hit a nerve. Why are you so angry?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That's on Quinn and the front office. Lve got injured early in the season, they had plenty of time to find a legitimate replacement, but decided to go with Clark and Bell, which was a massive mistake. I think with Zimmer now on board, those hybrid players will be playing more of their natural positions. Bell moving back to safety. Now adding a legitimate linebacker along with Bell as a safety makes the run defense all that better.
1000%....

kskboys

Reaction score
Jordon Love is speaking the truth, what do you expect Micah to say back?

Love literally just said "you guys had a DB playing LB, so we knew we could run the ball all day long and that would open up the passing lanes"..................and guess what, that is exactly what happened.

So, what exactly is Micah supposed to do, jump across the table and body slam Love onto the floor because the truth hurts?
Right? I mean, Love knows nothing about Defense, and even he saw it.

What we were doing on D was never going to work, and most of us couch potatoes here on the boards knew it. So, the bigger monstrous elephant in the room question is: How in hades did SOMEONE on the Cowboys staff not know it?

kskboys

Reaction score
How can you convince yoruself of this? This team quit the week leading up to the game.
By watching the game and seeing how hard they kept playing, even in the face of being run over due to being undertalented and undersized.

The bigger question is, why are you coming up w/ excuses for being run over due to a simple lack of talent and size? Look deeper, and it's actually easy to see that effort was not even close to being the problem. They played very hard, but just weren't good enough.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lve had his warts, but was always in the right position and played well last yr in the playoffs. He was a far better player then Damone Clark who is more of a depth linebacker with little to no instincts.
And no lateral agility.

I agree. LVE isn't great, but what he is is a starting quality NFL LB. He might be the only one on the roster.

kskboys

Reaction score
You think Overshown is a safety, lol?
Overshown was a DB his first two years in college. Way too slow to play S in the NFL, and most likely too thin to start at LB. He's most obviously a tweener, though he is a ball player, so a good DC should be able to use him effectively.

JustChip

Reaction score
Yet even when 0-0, the Packers WON THE TOSS, and showed no fear of our defense, thus taking the opening kickoff and driving down the field for a TD.

Then the Packers Offense proceeded to score TDs in 6 of their first 7 drives. 4 of which were of 75+ yards.

Make no mistake, the offense did not show up. Yet to suggest the defense's issues were due to the offense not showing up is just false.
:thumbup:
Yeah. I told my buddy sitting next to me they must be confident in their offense against the Cowboys’ defense when they did that. The bad thing is the defense actually came close to forcing a punt at the beginning of the first drive. It all changed when Love scrambled and completed the long, almost overthrown, pass.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And no lateral agility.

I agree. LVE isn't great, but what he is is a starting quality NFL LB. He might be the only one on the roster.
He was a 1st rd talent who learned under Sean Lee. He did have some physical limitations and was more finesse, but always was in the right position. Agree, only legitimate NFL caliber LB on their roster, outside of a few prospects learning the position.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm iffy on this myself. If he truly was happy going into the season w/ the LB's we had, then he desperately needed to go.
Keep in mind he started the season with LVE..........then Bell was moved after LVE injury

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday that linebacker Leighton Vander Esch will miss the rest of the 2023 season due to a neck injury. During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan (h/t Jon Machota of The Athletic), Jones announced the news and added, "It's a very significant loss for us. We just wish him well."Nov 14, 2023

kskboys

Reaction score
Keep in mind he started the season with LVE..........then Bell was moved after LVE injury

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday that linebacker Leighton Vander Esch will miss the rest of the 2023 season due to a neck injury. During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan (h/t Jon Machota of The Athletic), Jones announced the news and added, "It's a very significant loss for us. We just wish him well."Nov 14, 2023
Since Quinn is gone, I don't care any more. However, at the same time it'll be interesting to see what he does in WASH at the LB position, and what we do since he's gone.

Quinn did play that S as a LB at ATL, but Deion Jones at least weighed in at 222. And he did draft Duke Riley at 218 lbs w/ the explicit purpose of playing him at LB.