News: TS: Jordan Love Explains To Micah Parsons How Packers Beat Cowboys

Big D

Reaction score
Ah yes, the ever antiquated run game strikes again. How do we have a generational LB and continue to get gashed in the run game?

Wildcat711

Reaction score
They didn't get a stop. GB went right down the field from kickoff until the end of the game
True...

and why Q played zone I will never figure out.. people say it was because Gilmore was injured.. Why would you change the D in a playoff game for ONE player.. ridiculous.

and never tried to make any adjustments...........

Every time I even hear the GB game mentioned I get the irrits again.. lol.. prob about time I got over it ;)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

"I think the key for us going into the game was that we needed to run the ball," Love said to Micah Parsons. "That was the huge thing. Obviously, we played y'all the year before and I felt like we ran the ball pretty well so just going against y'all, I'm not trying to talk but y'all linebackers, I think you had a DB playing linebacker."

"That was our goal, is to be able to run the ball and that was going to set everything else up."

Sod!

Love to Parsons: "We basically passed and ran over you, chump."

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Agree, it starts upfront and that is were we are weak at.
A lot of us have been saying it for a long time that our defense can't stop the run! And now the team that took us out of the playoffs just proved it. We can't stop the run and it killed us! DQ spent all his effort in trying to stop the pass so they killed us with the run which set up the pass so they killed us with that too. :banghead:

Here's hoping Zimmer will be smarter than DQ.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
True...

and why Q played zone I will never figure out.. people say it was because Gilmore was injured.. Why would you change the D in a playoff game for ONE player.. ridiculous.

Every time I even hear the GB game mentioned I get the irrits again.. lol.. prob about time I got over it ;)
Exactly Wildcat, exactly!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
True...

Yep. Went from mainly man coverage to zone and guys looked confused or just quit.

Quinn didn't even try to adjust and GB ran the same play multiple times and succeeded.

It almost makes you think Quinn threw the game or somebody told him to change it to throw off GB. Perhaps that's why he didn't adjust and took the Washington job

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
"I think they had a DB playing linebacker"

That's the most insulting stuff any person can say about a defensive scheme.
Equally as insulting is having a scat back as the player that's you're primary representation of a physical offense. On defense we don't intimidate the opposition. And no team looks at our offense thinking "it's going to be a long, hard day"
There is not one weapon on our offense that wears a defense down. Not one player that the other team gets tired of tackling.. You can get away with that when you have a QB that covers all your worts, but we don't have that.

Big_D

Reaction score
You know it’s bad when your opponent has to explain the situation which was blatantly obvious to begin with. This is a guy in his first full season as starter already giving the Cowboys advice. lol

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Parsons really needs to drop the podcast gig. He’s been receiving criticism from fans and some in the media.
I have a feeling he's going to be just another average LB after a few more years at best. He's becoming more interested in his own voice than his own play on the field. Was hoping for a perennial leader, not only on D but for the entire team.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Lve had his warts, but was always in the right position and played well last yr in the playoffs. He was a far better player then Damone Clark who is more of a depth linebacker with little to no instincts.
LVE is 6'4" or 6'5". To me, he plays too upright. Maybe its his height. Was there a coach who worked with him in not being a shoulder tackler?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
LVE is 6'4" or 6'5". To me, he plays too upright. Maybe its his height. Was there a coach who worked with him in not being a shoulder tackler?
His injury to his neck really effected how he played, was a different player earlier in his career.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what did he say?
stop the run, and confuse the choker. simple game plan several teams used and won.

I'd hate to lose that.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s amazing these coaches are paid millions … yet any average Joe knew the defense was small, stunk in the middle and was easy to run on
It’s the front office. We had no linebackers. None. The FO didn’t even bother to try trading for one either.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hopefully Zimmer calls this cat into his office day 1 for a Dutch Uncle come to JESUS talk!!
I actually think Micah will benefit from a personality like Zimmers. A bit stricter and tougher. But still cares about the players and builds a relationship with them.

Beaker42

Reaction score

"I think the key for us going into the game was that we needed to run the ball," Love said to Micah Parsons. "That was the huge thing. Obviously, we played y'all the year before and I felt like we ran the ball pretty well so just going against y'all, I'm not trying to talk but y'all linebackers, I think you had a DB playing linebacker."

"That was our goal, is to be able to run the ball and that was going to set everything else up."

LOL - let me putt on my shocked face.