News: TS: Mike Vrabel Reportedly Wanted Defensive Coordinator Job

Kwyn

Reaction score
Surprising if true. Not saying he should have been the guy but I would think we’d at least talk to him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would Jerry hire a coach that would stand up to him. I think Vrabel would. Maybe that is why other teams declined him interviews as well. As Jerry is not the only controlling owner out there.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Who is Troy Taormina? Anyone ever heard of him? I found some sports photography and a few bits at USA Today.

Google doesn’t turn up much.

He talks like he has a direct pipeline into both Jerry and McCarthys thinking but I’ve never heard of the guy, let alone him having deep connections in Dallas.

Edit: He’s just summarizing what someone reported was heard on Will Steele’s YouTube channel.

Sydla

Reaction score
Haha.

Silly us, why go after this guy when we can get Rex Ryan who hasn't done squat in 7 years except drool over women's feet and sit behind a desk telling coaches and players in the NFL how bad at their jobs they are?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Would Jerry hire a coach that would stand up to him. I think Vrabel would. Maybe that is why other teams declined him interviews as well. As Jerry is not the only controlling owner out there.
I think Jerry in a way wants a guy to look him in the eye and stand up to him. Jerry admires that and will at least listen. Does it mean anything? I dont know.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why interview someone you don't want. He's a good coach, but may not be a good fit. Some think it's so frikkin simple
Well, considering Jerry absolutely sucks at hiring coaches, if he doesn't think Vrabel would be a good fit, chances are he actually would be. But unfortunately, Jerry values certain traits that really have nothing to do with how well a guy coaches.