News: TS: Mike Vrabel Reportedly Wanted Defensive Coordinator Job

J-man

Reaction score
We absolutely should be talking to him about the DC job. Especially is MM is going to be a lame duck HC this year. Having MV here could be a wise choice.

1942willys

Reaction score
We absolutely should be talking to him about the DC job. Especially is MM is going to be a lame duck HC this year. Having MV here could be a wise choice.
to not even give an interview is a further indictment of the incompetency of our GM
anything outside of his comfort zone is forbidden

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He’s the guy that makes the most sense. He could take over as HC if Mike got fired, too. It makes too much sense.

Although according to what I’ve read from Tennessee fans, Vabrel is a hard *** with the front office, so Jerry is probably not interested.
Jimmy was a hard *** too; but got Jerry his 3 SB trophies.....the third one with his team on auto-pilot.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Anonymous NFL GM says Mike Vrabel's physical build may be a reason he wasn't hired as a head coach, per report
"He's a very large human being. And can be very intimidating to people in an organization."

jerry was scared. He likes dorks and fat guys.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Mike Vrabel is what the Cowboys defense needs. But he isn't a yes sir bow down to kiss Jerry's feet type of guy so selfish Jerry is afraid of guys like Vrabel.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Anonymous NFL GM says Mike Vrabel's physical build may be a reason he wasn't hired as a head coach, per report
"He's a very large human being. And can be very intimidating to people in an organization."

jerry was scared. He likes dorks and fat guys.
Bingo!

conner01

Reaction score
Would Jerry hire a coach that would stand up to him. I think Vrabel would. Maybe that is why other teams declined him interviews as well. As Jerry is not the only controlling owner out there.
Very well could be. As for the DC demotion it’s just what jobs there are. He will get another HC shot one day.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Why interview someone you don't want. He's a good coach, but may not be a good fit. Some think it's so frikkin simple
Right, but the Cowboy "fit" has taken us to exactly 0 Super bowls or NFC Championships in almost 30 years.
This is the problem with our owner being the GM. He has no accountability.
After almost 30 years of futility, I'd say our "fit" is not working.
Maybe we need a guy who will tell Jerry to stay the hell out of the room.
I don't hate the Zim hire. I think some guys make better Coordinators than head coaches, and Zim is one of them, but Zim is a "yes Jerry" guy, right? Just like MM. He's keeping quiet to fly under the radar.
We need a JJ or a Parcell's type who would tell Jerry the truth, whether he wants to hear it or not, and I see that in Vrabel.
Too bad we didn;' interview him.