News: TS: Mike Vrabel Reportedly Wanted Defensive Coordinator Job

Kwyn

Reaction score
Lol this board is supposed to be fans posting their opinions, whether good or bad. It's not whining, it's recognizing the situation we are in with this FO
Lol

Pot meet kettle

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would McCarthy agree to hire a guy who wants his job?

We’ll get Ron Rivera,
Because having a subpar coach on his staff will surely cost him his job, and he knows it. If he's going all in on himself, it's critical that he put himself and his team in the best possible position to win it all.

Mannix

Reaction score
Maybe the fact that there is hesitancy to bring a guy in who will in all likelihood be a HC in 2025? He brings in a new system, and has success...then WHAM leaves? Zimmer, Rex and Wink are not HC candidates and are at no risk of leaving after year 1 are they?
WHAM didn’t leave…they broke up.:muttley:

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
And isn’t it telling that only two teams interviewed him for HC?

Atlanta and Charlotte gave him first interviews and ended up going with less than amazing hires in the eyes of many.

And no one has interviewed him for DC.

He’s a former Patriot and they didn’t bring him in.

It’s certainly not just the Cowboys who didn’t beat down his door.

Something going on there that is impossible for nfl nerds like us to figure out from our keyboards.
It does seem strange that a guy with his pedigree and resume isn't getting many looks. Maybe he turned down interviews and had his eye on specific jobs. Hard to say.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Whaaaaaaatt?

Epic facepalm meme time.
Do you believe everything you read is this guy come out in actual on camera interview and say this?? This morning alone there are four new posts all conspiracy theories all what could have been what might have been and it's just more stories that make zero sense... They didn't want this guy why ohh he's too big he's too intimidating he's too good nobody wants him ohh but Jerry should have begged him to come here it's Jerry's fault the whole league didn't hire him it's all Jerry's fault..

None of these makes sense if Mike vrabel wanted the job and he truly like targeted the Cowboys he could have just walked into the ranch I mean excuse me the star and set up an appointment and Jerry would have heard him out I don't believe a thing about this I think he held out too long to be a head coach and all the jobs got filled and there he didn't get in the interview process fast enough and now he has to wait till next year...

But again if this man really wanted to be a defensive coordinator in the coming season all you have to do is pick up the phone you're trying to tell me that the Jones family is not gonna fuel the call from this guy when they've interviewed about 7 people already a couple on zoom a couple on the phone many in person??​
Let me guess this will be about 14 pages long here in about an hour about how Jerry dropped the ball and could have had this guy and it won't be a single shred of proof..​

blueblood70

Reaction score
He probably intimidates the Jones.
How do you figure with the seven job openings and nobody else picked him up this is one of the dumbest stories I've ever heard and I don't believe a word of it

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will never trust this organization do the right thing
so how about the entire NFL that didn't call him up and hire him, so Mike vrabel ,it's the Jones's family's fault...​
I knew this was going to happen let's put up a unsubstantiated story and then let it all be the Jones family's fault because that's what people love to do here but what about the rest of the NFL all of them are hiring retreads all of them are hiring from the same coaching carousel we can call the coaching pool most of them are all old retreads all over the NFC East, all over the NFL, and no one hired Vrabel but hey let's make this a Jones thing because we all know this story is exaggerated and fake because that might vrabel wanted a job in this defensive coordinator crap he just can pick up the phone himself or his agent can call and set up an appointment... I don't believe a word any of this is true that he intimidated people.. But yeah let's jump all over to Jones because it's popular and I knew this is going to happen I wonder how many pages and skits too all over a rumor an unsubstantiated story...

Did himself or his agent let everyone know he was open to be a DC versus a head coach early enough in this process for somebody to hire him??? Show me the proof I want to hear an online interview that he was turned down for defensive coordinator because he went after that job and no one would listen...lmao

it didnt happen, see how easy it is to say things and it makes it true on the interwebs... :facepalm: :muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why interview someone you don't want. He's a good coach, but may not be a good fit. Some think it's so frikkin simple
first of all I don't believe is shred of evidence has been proven this story's true.. Secondly how is this the Jones family issue if he's still not been hired and I don't know of any other defensive coordinator positions that are open outside of the Cowboys right now and if he really wanted the job show me proof that his agent tried to get an interview and the Jones family turned him down if not this is another ridiculous thread based on nonsense because somebody started a rumor on the internet.. Even if Mike raybold said to one of his friends or coaching staff or an ex player that he would have been open to defensive coordinator that doesn't mean his agent was actively trying to get him interviews... This place just likes to pile on right hey it's the Jones family's fault even though he wasn't hired by anybody else it's just the Jones family..

Bill Belichick wasn't hired as a head coach but hey we should have fired Mike McCarthy and hired Bill Belichick before the rest of the league got this legend ohh wait a minute he never got hired either....