News: TS: New Details Emerge From Sam Williams' Car Accident; 98mph in 55mph zone

SlammedZero

Reaction score
There's a time to do stupid ish and get away with it - a busy road during the day ain't one of 'em. Hope you don't have kids.
You hope I don't have kids because I made foolish decisions with a fast car in my 20s? Lol

A couple of you are taking me way too literal. I'm not condoning what he did. I'm just saying you do foolish things when you're young. Growing up is a part of life. I'm sure when he gets older he will look back at this as a very unwise decision. He's lucky nobody got hurt and that should be his ultimate lesson here.

I'm not saying "Hey everybody, it'd be cool if you'd hop in a Corvette and missile it through an intersection" haha

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
dude, unless you are wasted you KNOW when you are pushing 100 MPH no matter what vehicle you are in
Rather pathetic attempt to defend reckless driving
You might be surprised just how fast you can get from 60 to a 100 in a performance car. Add in that it doesn't even feel like you're doing a 100 in that performance car and I can easily see a youngster getting way out over his skis in a hurry just due to inexperience.

Not defending him, but he is far from the first and he definitely won't be the last.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You hope I don't have kids because I made foolish decisions with a fast car in my 20s? Lol

A couple of you are taking me way too literal. I'm not condoning what he did. I'm just saying you do foolish things when you're young. Growing up is a part of life. I'm sure when he gets older he will look back at this as a very unwise decision. He's lucky nobody got hurt and that should be his ultimate lesson here.

I'm not saying "Hey everybody, it'd be cool if you'd hop in a Corvette and missile it through an intersection" haha
Actually you are. You are excusing it; which is pretty much the same.
Just because someone is young is NO excuse for stupidity that could get PEOPLE KILLED.
If you do not understand that even at 22 or whatever, you have a serious problem.

And your claim that everyone does it when they are young is also BS.
Just another way to excuse something that should NEVER BE EXCUSED.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You might be surprised just how fast you can get from 60 to a 100 in a performance car. Add in that it doesn't even feel like you're doing a 100 in that performance car and I can easily see a youngster getting way out over his skis in a hurry just due to inexperience.

Not defending him, but he is far from the first and he definitely won't be the last.
I have driven high performance vehicles on occasion over the years and I always knew when I was getting close to triple digits. Once again no excuse.
Lethal stupidity should never be excused.
AND he is NOT THAT YOUNG. We are not talking someone 16 or 17.
Total BS

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I have driven high performance vehicles on occasion over the years and I always knew when I was getting close to triple digits. Once again no excuse.
Lethal stupidity should never be excused.
AND he is NOT THAT YOUNG. We are not talking someone 16 or 17.
Total BS
Nobody is excusing him. Some of us just understand the dynamic.

He'll pay the piper. Hopefully learn from the experience. Happens every day. I'm guessing much more than you think.

You've never been driving down the road in an unfamiliar and nice car, looked at the speedo and be surprised at how much faster you were going than you thought?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
To be fair Gregory probably would have been driving WAY slower.....:muttley:
upinsmoke_malibu4.jpg

Proof

Reaction score
Right? Imagine taking Trevor Jones like I wanted to in the second. Nope. You get this kid. At least the Cowboys are in the news. Who cares what the reason is. SMH

I was/am pretty high on Travis* Jones, but think that Sam is the better pick

Proof

Reaction score

He'll pay the piper. Hopefully learn from the experience. Happens every day. I'm guessing much more than you think.

You've never been driving down the road in an unfamiliar and nice car, looked at the speedo and be surprised at how much faster you were going than you thought?
I just got a new audi, and I'm far from a speed demon. I've had to be extra cautious for just this reason. Cruising a long and glance down and have a heart attack

gtb1943

Reaction score

This post is nothing but excusing him.
First sentence is flat out wrong
Second sentence is someone trying to act like the smart person in the thead and miserably failing
thrid sentence is just more excuse making

gtb1943

Reaction score
I had a supercharged MR2 back in the late 80's and early 90's. A real fun car and fast. But I always knew when I was going seriously over the speed limit.
Only a fool, or idiot, does not realize when he is pushing 100 in any vehicle

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This post is nothing but excusing him.
First sentence is flat out wrong
Second sentence is someone trying to act like the smart person in the thead and miserably failing
thrid sentence is just more excuse making
Dusting this oldy but goody off. Seems appropriate.
yelling-cloud.gif

Aftershock

Reaction score
Good lord, he was drunk and killed a woman, stop acting like this is anywhere near that.
Speeding at 92mph in a 50mph zone could cause that. You do realize he hit a 71 year old lady, right? What if the lady died? Do you not realized the repercussions for driving recklessly?