News: TS: Report: NFL Decides On Punishment For Brad Allen's Officiating Crew

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They should be downgraded for the bogus tripping call that caused all of this in the first place, not for being purposely fooled by the Lions. I think the Lions purposely designed the confusion banking the refs wouldn’t have the guts to make that call. They got what they had coming.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So the refs being told about the play before the game wasn't any kind of helpful hint?

They'll be reprimanded ... but the envelopes will still be delivered.

visionary

Reaction score
Sending three players to report when two were not eligible is nothing more than a scam that blew up in their faces.

I bet Campbell doesn't try to pull that crap anymore.
But most importantly, when the ref announced for everyone that #70 was eligible, why didnt the players or the Detroit coaches step in and say thats not correct?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wondered why they had 2 OL talking to the ref and then the 3rd one runs onto the field towards that same ref.
Two (actually 3) wnt over there, but only 1 talked to the ref. to report he was eligible. That was #68
But because #70 went over there and reported a few times already earlier in the game, the ref just assumed he was the one reporting
The ref screwed up, but its clear that Campbell was trying to confuse the Cowboys with #70 going over there--even if he didn't say anything
It backfired.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think the Lions intentionally tried to trick the referees. No evidence of it.

The real mistake was stubornly going for 2 on the subsequent plays. In the chaos of their fury at the penalty , they should have sent the game to OT.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
They should be downgraded for the bogus tripping call that caused all of this in the first place, not for being purposely fooled by the Lions. I think the Lions purposely designed the confusion banking the refs wouldn’t have the guts to make that call. They got what they had coming.
Great post that NOBODY on the Cowboy side of the ball is whining about! That tripping call cost the Cowboys bigtime and allowed Detroit an opportunity to stay in the game. MM should be screaming from the top of AT&T stadium about THAT bogus call!

Creeper

Reaction score
What bugs the crud out of me is if it was the Cowboys who failed on a trick 2 point play like this, McCarthy and the Cowboys would get the blame. The media narrative would be that the player failed to report, the coaches didn't make sure he reported correctly, and when the refs announced the wrong guy eligible, they didn't correct the refs.

The Cowboys got a break and should have lost this game, but not because of the refs who did their jobs they way they are supposed to. The Cowboys won because the Lions got stupid and tried a high school gag on the refs and Cowboys and it didn't work.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
What bugs the crud out of me is if it was the Cowboys who failed on a trick 2 point play like this, McCarthy and the Cowboys would get the blame. The media narrative would be that the player failed to report, the coaches didn't make sure he reported correctly, and when the refs announced the wrong guy eligible, they didn't correct the refs.

The Cowboys got a break and should have lost this game, but not because of the refs who did their jobs they way they are supposed to. The Cowboys won because the Lions got stupid and tried a high school gag on the refs and Cowboys and it didn't work.
But for the refs error, the Lions could have won the game.....

Knotamus

Reaction score
Finally!! Dal ended up on the right side of BS calls by the Refs.. although the Refs tried to screw us when they called “Tripping” on Hendershot…now I seen the review of that play and it was actually Hutchinson!!

I say, let em whine. And I’ll remind anyone that mentions “Refs bailed out Dallas”.. Detroit would have never had the chance had it not been for the Refs screwing US FIRST!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don’t think the Lions intentionally tried to trick the referees. No evidence of it.

The real mistake was stubornly going for 2 on the subsequent plays. In the chaos of their fury at the penalty , they should have sent the game to OT.
Not the referees.. The Cowboys.. they apparently did not know the rule that even if their trickeration worked the Cowboys defense still needed to be told who was reporting eligible. The fact that they weren't and the ref announced someone other than #68 as the eligible tackle made the flag the right call.