News: TS: Report: NFL Decides On Punishment For Brad Allen's Officiating Crew

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak reported for him
The player has to report himself is my understanding so this doesn't sound right. The player reporting themselves is supposed to help make the situation clearer to avoid issues like this.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yes they get numbers wrong but that's on fouls, not on guys standing 5 feet away from them and talking to them. And I have never see them mistake a 70 for a 68 before. I would see if he had mistook the 58 as the reporter but not 70.
But it's often on what they themselves saw or after a conference where the other official just told them the number.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Punishing Brad Allen is total BS! He made the right call with total integrity for the game! The Cowboys are a legit two-seed!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The player has to report himself is my understanding so this doesn't sound right. The player reporting themselves is supposed to help make the situation clearer to avoid issues like this.
Yes in the Philly game Dak told the ref but Edoga himself was just standing there and apparently that wasn't enough. Just like Saturday night I don't think they announced Edoga as eligible which should have been OUR first clue that something was off. But in our case we could logically assume that even though there was no announcement the defense was told. In the Lions case there WAS an announcement which everybody heard.. If it was wrong then Campbell needed to get the attention of the ref and correct it. He didn't which leads me to believe having the wrong guy announced while lining up on one side and the ref on the other side not have the nads to throw the flag was what they were hoping for. They were wrong.

visionary

Reaction score
But for the refs error, the Lions could have won the game.....
Not really
If the ref had told the Cowboys 68 was eligible, they would have covered him instead of 70 (who they covered) so he would not have scored

Answer my question: when the ref announced that #70 was eligible, why didnt the lions players or coaches approach the ref to correct that? They should have done that if 68 and 70 did what they said they did

Bottom line the lions tried to pull a fast one and it backfired

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Not really
If the ref had told the Cowboys 68 was eligible, they would have covered him instead of 70 (who they covered) so he would not have scored

Answer my question: when the ref announced that #70 was eligible, why didnt the lions players or coaches approach the ref to correct that? They should have done that if 68 and 70 did what they said they did

Bottom line the lions tried to pull a fast one and it backfired
You people are grasping at straws...What fast one are you people talking about, the refs would be telling the defense anyway... clear video of Goeff saying for 68 to report, 68 said he reported, 70 didn't report, Campbell said he informed the ref prior to the game what they would do for a two point conversion, the ref made an error in designating the number to the defense....The lions did everything right......It's abundently clear the ref screwed up the call by the league immediately demoted them for the playoffs, and the league will probably issue an apology to Detroit this week for the blown call.....that doesn't change the fact that after that call Detroit probably should have taken the extra point and went to overtime.

visionary

Reaction score
You people are grasping at straws...What fast one are you people talking about, the refs would be telling the defense anyway... clear video of Goeff saying for 68 to report, 68 said he reported, 70 didn't report, Campbell said he informed the ref prior to the game what they would do for a two point conversion, the ref made an error in designating the number to the defense....The lions did everything right......It's abundently clear the ref screwed up the call by the league immediately demoted them for the playoffs, and the league will probably issue an apology to Detroit this week for the blown call.....that doesn't change the fact that after that call Detroit probably should have taken the extra point and went to overtime.
Dont sidetrack stuff

Lets follow your logic

68 reports
Ref heard him
Tells Cowboys 68 is eligible
Cowboys cover 68 not 70
68 cannot catch the pass because he would now be covered not open

See how that works?

Its called logic
Try it

The Quest for Six

Reaction score