T'Sweat - Texas

Rayman70

Reaction score
All I know is we are void of bodies and talent at DT,edge. For me, I like Fiske at DT. He strikes me as a tough interior guy that is hard to block. He sheds very well and uses his power the right way. I think he can see heavy reps and help us more than sweat. Lunch pail guy. I also prefer the bigger edge guys as they tend to have power at the point to contain the edge against the run and mobile QBs. I like the edge from Utah Ellis. I think that's his name. He's stout. The thinner,lighter edge guys don't do anything against the run. Need girth and power.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
@tm1119

I was counting Frazier as OC2, wasn't thinking about Barton's potential move there. I think Frazier will be long gone by 56 so it now becomes OC4 you are getting at 56.

The RB's sweet spot is late 3rd to mid 4th. Someone (prpobably us) will get antsy and grab their guy early. I just don't think there is a significance difference between the top RBs you mentioned and the next wave of guys.

As far as DE, this team loves justifying their past decisions so Golston and Fehoko will get the reps ar DE, plus they will sign the cheap veteran stopgap, maybe even a return of Anthony Barr, or someone else who played for Zimmer.

Same logic for Tolbert at WR. He will be given every chance to play so the Front Office doesn't look stupid for drafting him, as well as moving on from Gallup.

My main point is barring some unexpected player being there at 56 (think Diggs), I am not sure someone can come in and help the team win now more so than a 350-lb. Nose Tackle the caliber of Sweat.
I would love to trade down to the bottom of the first round , and aquire more picks and find a way to draft Sweat.This guy would make the run defense much better there is no doubt about that.It would be nice to draft OT or C early as well.Trenches draft both sides of the ball.

RS12

Reaction score
Kiper on Dari and Mel just now said hearing Sweat falling to round 3 FWIW.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If he was taken in the 2nd or with a trade back in the first, do you feel better about this run defense? How is he compared to his teammate Murphy?
Different player. Although he’s a big space occupier he’s a good athlete for his size. Not the plodder Mazi is. Murphy is more of a gap exploiter who will make more plays. Either one would be great because this DL needs talent. Everywhere in my opinion.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There are TWO nose tackles in this draft! At least before you get to the 6th round. Nose is our greatest need IMO.

I see him rated 36-43 as far as overall best players. It will take pick 24 or a trade back to get him. Not sure the reach is worth it at 24, especially if JPJ is there to play center.

But you need to be ready to reach for Jackson McKinnley to fill that NT spot.
McKinnley is my choice (and I think he's worthy of a third-round pick, so not a reach), but if Sweat is there at 56, I'd have no problem with that pick.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I guess those rumors of the character concerns were true! People will do dumb things regardless (see Rashee Rice) but you have to question the mental smarts of a guy who knows this time of year can be career/life-changing but he can't even be on his best behavior for a few months before the draft.

1942willys

Reaction score
I guess those rumors of the character concerns were true! People will do dumb things regardless (see Rashee Rice) but you have to question the mental smarts of a guy who knows this time of year can be career/life-changing but he can't even be on his best behavior for a few months before the draft.
yep; I just jumped off his bandwagon. About as dumb as you get; or more likely the guy has little self discipline, he might have cost himself millions of dollars just because he could not step away from the bottle for a few weeks

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not good but I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt until we know more.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have a feeling this guy couldn't pass an IQ test. Who gets a DWI a couple of weeks before the draft when he has a chance to make millions of dollars? And why is he covering his head walking out of jail? It is not his face that matters, it is his name and it is not going to get called until for another round or 2 now. This was just a sign of dumbness.

rambo2

Reaction score
McKinnley is my choice (and I think he's worthy of a third-round pick, so not a reach), but if Sweat is there at 56, I'd have no problem with that pick.
I have a problem with Sweat. No thank you.