Tulsa LB - Zaven Collins

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Was listening to the kick-off Draft Show today. Broaddus and Bruglar are back onboard by the way, but the interesting tidbit I heard was when Bruglar shared that he knew the Cowboys really liked Tulsa linebacker Zaven Collins.

Would love to bring in some fresh linebacking talent to replace our charity case.

Bruglar has Collins as one of his Top 50 prospects and had him going #22 to the Dolphins in his latest mock. Collins has Rolando McClain size (depending where you look) at 6'-4" 260 lbs. He's been killing it this season so far putting up the following ridiculous statline through six games this season:

Capture-Zaven.jpg

Capture.jpg

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The linebacker unit has many question marks: Lve long-term health, Jaylon's declining play, Lee's career coming to an end, Thomas will be a fa. It wouldn't surprise me if they took a linebacker high nor used multiple picks at the position, especially if they truly want to run more of a hybrid scheme.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Big fan of this kid and the versatility he could bring to the LBr spot.

Has to test well for me though. We can’t have a stiff hipped, clunky LBr replacing Jaylon expecting him to be better.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was listening to the kick-off Draft Show today. Broaddus and Bruglar are back onboard by the way, but the interesting tidbit I heard was when Bruglar shared that he knew the Cowboys really liked Tulsa linebacker Zaven Collins.

Would love to bring in some fresh linebacking talent to replace our charity case.

Bruglar has Collins as one of his Top 50 prospects and had him going #22 to the Dolphins in his latest mock. Collins has Rolando McClain size (depending where you look) at 6'-4" 260 lbs. He's been killing it this season so far putting up the following ridiculous statline through six games this season:

Capture-Zaven.jpg

Capture.jpg

Seems like a perfect fit in the Mike Nolan style of defense.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Capture-Zaven.jpg

Capture.jpg
Is he a pass rusher/outside linebacker? If so he might be who we pick in a trade down. This is the surprise player that the Cowboys might be looking for. I just watched his highlights. He looks like the best defensive player in the draft. He rushes the passer, covers running back, and makes plays. Dane Bugler said we love him also. Reminds me of when LVE started moving up boards.

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score
The linebacker unit has many question marks: Lve long-term health, Jaylon's declining play, Lee's career coming to an end, Thomas will be a fa. It wouldn't surprise me if they took a linebacker high nor used multiple picks at the position, especially if they truly want to run more of a hybrid scheme.
Would be nice to still have Wilson. He’s playing well for KC.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Would be nice to still have Wilson. He’s playing well for KC.
Wilson was never a great player then and even now. Certainly helps to have a Chris Jones in front of them and an offense that team's want to keep on the sidelines.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Parsons is a lock to be a top 10 pick.

It's not certain that Collins will be a 1st round pick.
How about Collins in the teens with extra draft capital or Parsons? I just want to know if there is a big difference between the two.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Bruglar wasn’t implying the Cowboys take him with our first pick. He was simply making note that he knows the Cowboys really like the Collins. Maybe it’s a trade back situation if we go back in the teens or trade up if he’s there at the backend of round 1.

cnuball21

Reaction score
How about Collins in the teens with extra draft capital or Parsons? I just want to know if there is a big difference between the two.

Yes, there is.

Collins is a fun player but I would be very surprised if he runs a sub 4.7 40.