Tulsa LB - Zaven Collins

John813

Reaction score
Considering Miami's linebacker woes, I could definitely see them taking him in the 20's.

Unless they take Parsons with the Texans pick

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Hopefully when we trade back.
We need a OG or OT aswell
I’ll go insane if that’s our 1st pick. I like the player but my goodness we need a 1st rounder on defense. The OL even with Knight and Steele played well last night. What are the chances both Tyron and Collins both are out for the season again? I see Maybe taking a swing tackle in the 3rd/ 4th but before that it would be insane.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually like the Jamie Collins comp.
Collins is a good comp IMO. He is probably not going to be as dynamic in the pros as Parsons, but he is an excellent fit for a scheme that wants to play multiple fronts. I think he has a good chance of going betweer 20-32, but if he is there for our 2nd I think he is an excellent pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ll go insane if that’s our 1st pick. I like the player but my goodness we need a 1st rounder on defense. The OL even with Knight and Steele played well last night. What are the chances both Tyron and Collins both are out for the season again? I see Maybe taking a swing tackle in the 3rd/ 4th but before that it would be insane.
My opinion on Sewell is if you take him, you trade Smith. He is tradeable and still has value. I get the notion of starting Sewell's career at OG, but I think its poor asset management to draft and keep Smith

If we got Sewell, that means the Bengals didnt. I think they would be willing to give up their 2nd for Smith

cnuball21

Reaction score
Collins is a good comp IMO. He is probably not going to be as dynamic in the pros as Parsons, but he is an excellent fit for a scheme that wants to play multiple fronts. I think he has a good chance of going betweer 20-32, but if he is there for our 2nd I think he is an excellent pick

I think it's just going to come down to what kind of athlete he is.

He doesn't look very explosive so I wouldn't be surprised if he runs around a 4.8...in which case my interest falls off significantly.

RamziD

Reaction score
Does he play the same position as LVE? Will they both see the field together?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Does he play the same position as LVE? Will they both see the field together?

My understanding is he kind of plays all over the place as a LBr. I'd leave LVE as the MLB and let Collins take the WILL if I had to guess.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I just gave this kid another look and whew...he is impressive.

The size and length sticks out and but I love the instincts. He's quick to diagnose and close in the run game and shows a solid understanding of how to clog throwing lanes in zone coverage which has led to a handful of picks / PBUs this year.

The only box I need him to check at this point is 1st round LBr athleticism at the combine and he's someone I'd now consider in the top 20. On tape it appears he clicks and closes quickly and covers a lot of ground with his long strides but will need to see a strong 40 and short area drills for me to be in on him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I just gave this kid another look and whew...he is impressive.

The size and length sticks out and but I love the instincts. He's quick to diagnose and close in the run game and shows a solid understanding of how to clog throwing lanes in zone coverage which has led to a handful of picks / PBUs this year.

The only box I need him to check at this point is 1st round LBr athleticism at the combine and he's someone I'd now consider in the top 20. On tape it appears he clicks and closes quickly and covers a lot of ground with his long strides but will need to see a strong 40 and short area drills for me to be in on him.
He would be a great pick at 19.:):omg:

cnuball21

Reaction score
I am hoping we make the playoffs. If we don’t Parsons, Farley or Surtain Jr.

I’m split down the middle...of they win the division great if not I want the best pick possible.

I’d absolutely love for us to land Parsons...I think he’s the kind of dude you can build a defense around.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’m split down the middle...of they win the division great if not I want the best pick possible.

I’d absolutely love for us to land Parsons...I think he’s the kind of dude you can build a defense around.
As we debated before I was not a big fan of drafting Parsons but I think the defense just needs a better version of Jaylon. Parsons certainly has the potential to be that. I really like the secondary with all 4 of the top corners are healthy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Given the fact they play two completely different positions I see what you mean.

giphy.gif

cnuball21

Reaction score
As we debated before I was not a big fan of drafting Parsons but I think the defense just needs a better version of Jaylon. Parsons certainly has the potential to be that. I really like the secondary with all 4 of the top corners are healthy.

No idea what FA players will be available.

I think our CBs are serviceable but we have expiring contracts which makes it a big need. I think we need to try and draft a CB and LBr in the first few rounds if the draft falls right.