Tulsa LB - Zaven Collins

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Since parsons seems out of reach this is good replacement I guess

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It sounds as though Sean Lee is going to retire after this season. Vander Esch has an injury problem, and Jaylon Smith is Jaylon Smith. We need a LB. Desperately. I would love to have Micah Parsons with our first round pick of course. However, if he is off the board, this player is someone I like as a 1st round option on a trade down. Here's a video of him:

What I notice of him is his quickness and his intelligence. He seems to time his blitzes well, and he diagnoses plays well. This is key for a LB. I'm curious to see what he does with his Senior Bowl and combine when we get to those parts of the offseason.

Xavier187

Reaction score
We need Cbs sorry to much turn over I would take a chance on Josh Jobe at Safety aswell if he can gain alittle weight

cnuball21

Reaction score
We need Cbs sorry to much turn over I would take a chance on Josh Jobe at Safety aswell if he can gain alittle weight

Our run defense is the biggest problem on the team...more so than pass defense.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think he's probably an edge in the NFL, and I don't really like his athleticism enough for that - not early anyway.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Considering Miami's linebacker woes, I could definitely see them taking him in the 20's.

Unless they take Parsons with the Texans pick
I think that’s more than likely unless they go Sewell or wideout w Texans pick to help tua

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It sounds as though Sean Lee is going to retire after this season. Vander Esch has an injury problem, and Jaylon Smith is Jaylon Smith. We need a LB. Desperately. I would love to have Micah Parsons with our first round pick of course. However, if he is off the board, this player is someone I like as a 1st round option on a trade down. Here's a video of him:

What I notice of him is his quickness and his intelligence. He seems to time his blitzes well, and he diagnoses plays well. This is key for a LB. I'm curious to see what he does with his Senior Bowl and combine when we get to those parts of the offseason.

I thoroughly don’t see parsons falling to 8-11. It would be a miracle. Collins could do himself some favors with his combine.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Go join the other thread - good dialogue on that one.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't see Parsons falling to 8-11, so Collins would work well if he were to have a good combine.
Exactly. I think combine may propel a few guys into top 10. So it’s not impossible parsons falls but still doubt it. And I will not complain getting Collins if parsons isn’t available

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Good Lord, Collins was everywhere in that video. Made plays constantly.

I like his play but he looks more like an EDGE player than an off the ball LB to me. He’s a good player though, no matter where he lines up.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good Lord, Collins was everywhere in that video. Made plays constantly.

I like his play but he looks more like an EDGE player than an off the ball LB to me. He’s a good player though, no matter where he lines up.

Might be a bit of a stretch, but I see a streak of TJ Watt in his play.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Collins looks like a Bellicheck type of player as he can be used in a lot of creative ways. Perfect fit for a hybrid scheme. Some say his player comp is Jamie Collins or Kyle Van Noy, both former Patriot defenders.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Collins looks like a Bellicheck type of player as he can be used in a lot of creative ways. Perfect fit for a hybrid scheme. Some say his player comp is Jamie Collins or Kyle Van Noy, both former Patriot defenders.

He certainly does, but I think the Patriots are more likely to draft a QB than LB this year. I think Cam will be done there, and their backup QBs aren't exactly great either. I'd imagine they'll take Justin Fields, Zach WIlson, or Lance from North Dakota State. Therefore, Collins would fall to us depending on where we draft and depending on how his combine goes.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Also found this on his speed...

"Collins said he doesn't know his 40-yard dash time, but a wearable GPS measured his top speed during the game-winning interception return against Tulane at 21.06 miles per hour. It's unique athleticism for a linebacker."

If this is accurate, this is unreal...like 4.5ish speed for a dude his size isn't normal.