Video: Turpin apparently will play in 3rd preseason game

links18

Reaction score
If they are going to keep playing him then they should have let him play the 2nd half against the Chargers and try to get a 3rd return TD.

It would have been a preseason record. Go Cowboys!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
8:00 minute mark of video. He's even going to get some time on offense apparently.

They will not be putting your star return man on ice for the regular season as everyone expected.

Why, is this case less is best! The less the NFL teams see this young man the better...............

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't like it. I would get him off the field as early as possible. He has already shown in practice what he can do. No need to risk injury. I want him on the field in Week 1 against Tampa.
yeah well this is the cowboys MM and the jones boys lol, so they dont use ordinary logic!:omg:

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol at the people saying they wouldn't play him. Y'all would run a soft *** camp if it were up to you guys. Turpin is a 26 years old and signed as a free agent, this guy needs every rep he can, he has done nothing to earn the right to sit.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
8:00 minute mark of video. He's even going to get some time on offense apparently.

They will not be putting your star return man on ice for the regular season as everyone expected.

pulled hamstring - out 6 games

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol at the people saying they wouldn't play him. Y'all would run a soft *** camp if it were up to you guys. Turpin is a 26 years old and signed as a free agent, this guy needs every rep he can, he has done nothing to earn the right to sit.
Every rep he can? Lol, he has been playing football year round. There is no need to play him.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I’m not a big believer in sitting all these starters the entire pre season. Having said that not sure what playing Turpin in a meaningless game does . I would hope his play does not involve any returns then again having him out there catching Cooper Rush Knuckleballs does what ?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I assume they want to see him as a WR at full speed...but he's already signed for 3 years.

You guys keep posting he has a three year contract. That means nothing. None of it is guaranteed. He got no signing money. No dead cap hit if he gets cut. So his performance is what will determine if he is kept.

However, even if he can do nothing more than return kicks and punts, you have to keep him. He is that much better than any other option we have in those spots.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
This is the dumbest post ive ever read....Dude has limited opportunities and runs two back as TD's at the very position he was picked up for.......What do u want him to do? reinvent the wheel?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You guys keep posting he has a three year contract. That means nothing. None of it is guaranteed. He got no signing money. No dead cap hit if he gets cut. So his performance is what will determine if he is kept.

However, even if he can do nothing more than return kicks and punts, you have to keep him. He is that much better than any other option we have in those spots.
A three year contract means they're sure enough to keep him, as long as he doesn't completely screw the pooch. I think screwing the pooch would have to continue into the regular season for them to cut him, so yes, it does mean something. It means he has a roster spot...at least for the time being.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Maybe they want to see if he'll start dropping punts with his new found fame. Or see how he'll return kicks when the other team has 11 guys wanting to take his head off to make the Seahawks roster.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
A three year contract means they're sure enough to keep him, as long as he doesn't completely screw the pooch. I think screwing the pooch would have to continue into the regular season for them to cut him, so yes, it does mean something. It means he has a roster spot...at least for the time being.

A three year contract with nothing guaranteed only favors the Cowboys. If he blows it up, they got a steal. If he proves to be unable to do anything other than returns and isn't a difference maker there, then they walk away with no penalty. The length of the contract pretty much means nothing.

Praxit

Reaction score
...gotta play your joker while its hot. Prime the wheels with different colours.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A three year contract with nothing guaranteed only favors the Cowboys. If he blows it up, they got a steal. If he proves to be unable to do anything other than returns and isn't a difference maker there, then they walk away with no penalty. The length of the contract pretty much means nothing.
But it does mean he's on the roster... literally.

timb2

Reaction score
Watch him blow out his knee and we are screwed. Keep him rested.

jwitten82

Reaction score
This is the dumbest post ive ever read....Dude has limited opportunities and runs two back as TD's at the very position he was picked up for.......What do u want him to do? reinvent the wheel?
Yes, reinvent the wheel sucka...let him do it in the regular season before you try to make him the next Devin Hester playboi!!