TV ratings continuing to fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusX

Reaction score
I've never seen this or heard of this group. Thanks, X. Gonna post this link in my FB. Wonder if my battles have heard of it, or the unit.
Not a problem. Been with them for years. They dont get much traction outside the Dallas area it seems. If you see someone with a black ring on their trigger finger. Chances are its a 22Kill ring.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not a problem. Been with them for years. They dont get much traction outside the Dallas area it seems. If you see someone with a black ring on their trigger finger. Chances are its a 22Kill ring.
Bless you. You military?

Smashin222

Reaction score
I'm ready to get out of this thread. It took an ugly turn, and this isn't the place for this.

I can't change your mind, and you can't change mine. That's just the way the United States of America is today, and it's not going to change. Honest dialogue and debate are long dead and buried.

Me: *Offers honest debate, allows you to choose the goalposts of that debate*
You: "Honest dialogue and debate are long dead and buried."

OK.

dogberry

Reaction score
I approached the game with no expectation of it being an entertaining match. Which might have contributed to the lower ratings.

It was fun to watch.

I didn't dislike either team.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree.

A a proud father of a typical red-blooded 13 year teenage boy, he and all of his friends seems to be enraptured by the NBA and I continue to be puzzled by it.

It could care less about the NBA and find myself getting dragged into watching it because *he* views it as a bonding experience.

My $0.02 is the NBA is doing a better job of marketing the youth.
I couldn't agree more about the NBA marketing to the younger generation.

I quizzed my son and a few of his friends regarding their strong connection with the NBA and rather lukewarm take on the NFL. It basically boiled down to the following (and by no means am I suggesting my son and his friends represent the consensus opinion -- it is just that, an opinion):

1. The overall pace of the game and the overabundance of commercials. Their comments on game pace mirror several of my Australian and British colleagues: there are a few seconds of action each play followed by a lot of standing around and this isn't even considering the number of commercial breaks. They like the faster pace of the NBA. Period. One interesting observation was that they all preferred the college football game to the NFL and the NBA to college basketball -- except for March Madness.
  2. No Fun League. Clamping down on player celebrations and, even, player taunting was seen as driving some of the fun out of the game. Who remembers Billy "white shoes" Johnson, wide receiver for the Houston Oilers? I recall having this same conversation with my father, only in reverse. He was convinced that Johnson's end zone celebration would lead to the demise of the NFL. I, on the other hand, thought it was great. My son and his friends opined that the NBA is much more open and even encouraging of celebrations. As an aside, they offered that the NBA played to the hip-hop generation, while the NFL appealed to the older generation.
  3. Salary Cap and Super Teams. While both the NBA and NFL have salary caps, the NBA (and I am far from an expert on the NBA salary cap) has sufficient flexibility that any team can vie for a superstar and, because of that, there is an appreciation for the formation of the NBA super teams (mind you, this is just the opinion of my son and his friends). The bottom line is that they view the NFL salary cap and the way it is administered as detrimental to the product on the field.
They had a few other observations, but wandered off to watch an NBA classic game on ESPN. :)

The Natural

Reaction score
#1 and #2 I flip flop between Franceska Jaimes and Caramel (of Panama), unfortunately no sfw pics. Both are champs, top 5 DOA

erod

Reaction score
Says the guy who isn't willing to engage in honest dialogue and debate....after he's asked what information he'd like to be presented to him so that there could be an honest dialogue and debate.
You haven't engaged in honest debate since you joined this board.

You lurk around here and insult everyone over usually nothing. Like you don't have a friend in this world and you're pissed about it.

I believe you were banned before under another name, right?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Police are drastically more likely to be killed by black males than any other demographic. IIRC the stats are similar to the 21 times more likely number so basically it goes both ways.

13% (Black) of the population commit over 50% of all murders.

If the stats are adjusted based on the number of encounters police have with Blacks vs Others, the stats no longer look biased. In other words the kill rate per 1 million encounters is similar regardless of race.

Black Police Officers kill Black people at 3x the rate of White Officers.

All un-justified killings by Police need to stop. Having said that, the kill rate for people that didn't have a weapon and didn't resist arrest is very low.

It's not just a Black issue. Low income people of other races commit more crimes and get killed by Police more often than higher income people.

When you adjust for socioeconomics than all of these stats even out. There are reams of studies going back to the 1980s that discuss this issue in a much more useful way and doesn't bandy around raw stats that are unreliable to begin with the way police reporting works.

Just so people have some context, why don't you tell people whether or not you think africans were better off being freed in 1863.

Status
Not open for further replies.