TV shows you are watching right now

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not one that usually will revisit television shows but Breaking Bad definitely qualified. I loved it as much the second time through as I did the first too!
I might revisit that. MASH is the only one I have gone back through every episode.

I hope I have forgotten enough of BB to still get some of thise "gotcha's" when they whack someone unexpectedly. Sons of Anarchy did some of that as well.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WWII in Color - Netflix. I am only 2 episodes in but if you are a WWII fan as I am, it is interesting. So far, since we were not in it yet except in the RAF, it's British WWII historians recounting the details from historical fact and eyewitness accounts, reminds me of the end of each Band of Brothers episode with the real men being portrayed.
I watched that several years ago when it was released by the History Channel and it was by far the most interesting WWII documentary I have ever watched.

The fact that most of the footage was actually recorded in color (not just colorized) was impressive, but the presentation and real people-driven stories made the documentary a lot more interesting to follow. They also gathered footage from many different countries to assemble that documentary.

While I was never a WWII history buff like some people, I learned several new details and came away with a much better understanding of the timeline of events after watching it.

ESisback

Reaction score
WWII in Color - Netflix. I am only 2 episodes in but if you are a WWII fan as I am, it is interesting. So far, since we were not in it yet except in the RAF, it's British WWII historians recounting the details from historical fact and eyewitness accounts, reminds me of the end of each Band of Brothers episode with the real men being portrayed.

What has always fascinated me about WWII is how the decisions made, or not made, affected the outcome. In the early years, 1940, both sides missed a great opportunity to end it with complete victory but the decision was not made. There are so many instances of that in almost every major battle in the air, on land and at sea. Battle of the Bulge and Midway are prime examples of that.

If you watch it, there is stock footage throughout the first 2 episodes but there is a finite amount of any other footage so they have to use some of that to tell the story.

One thing I've discovered early on because my interest actually starts with the US's involvement but it's been said that America jumped in and saved Britain's bacon and they were quite capable of saving their own. One mistake Hitler and Goring made early on was underestimating their resolve and resiliency to defend their homeland.

I can appreciate your fascination with the details and the historical science of it—the impact of decisions made that molded the world, but personally, I’m not drawn to that form of entertainment. While I admire and appreciate all that, I’m drawn more to comedy and flights of fancy. I love the dramedy with ensemble casts and dark humor and snappy dialogue—the fantasy and escapism as opposed to the stark contrast with grim reality.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can appreciate your fascination with the details and the historical science of it—the impact of decisions made that molded the world, but personally, I’m not drawn to that form of entertainment. While I admire and appreciate all that, I’m drawn more to comedy and flights of fancy. I love the dramedy with ensemble casts and dark humor and snappy dialogue—the fantasy and escapism as opposed to the stark contrast with grim reality.
I like it all and I am not usually drawn to docs and seek escapism as well but there are certain events in history that do fascinate me.

It is not the grim reality that grabs me but the resilience and resolve of the human species. Everything about the Greatest Generation fascinates me and I wonder if my generation, the first truly spoiled one, would be capable of such sacrifice. Their parents raised them to handle that, they were prepared for what the events of 1929-45 would bring their way. We were not prepared for the events of 1965-72. We thought it was all about us, they thought it was about everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched that several years ago when it was released by the History Channel and it was by far the most interesting WWII documentary I have ever watched.

The fact that most of the footage was actually recorded in color (not just colorized) was impressive, but the presentation and real people-driven stories made the documentary a lot more interesting to follow. They also gathered footage from many different countries to assemble that documentary.

While I was never a WWII history buff like some people, I learned several new details and came away with a much better understanding of the timeline of events after watching it.
The most interesting fact so far is that they finally told the truth about that "march" Germany made in 3 days that was thought to be impossible. They were pumping uppers into them as well as the pilots that had to fly so many runs within a short period of time. I thought the best line so far was the reference to the German troops under the influence of so many days of amphetamines. It made them overly aggressive and removed empathy, the perfect warrior.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The most interesting fact so far is that they finally told the truth about that "march" Germany made in 3 days that was thought to be impossible. They were pumping uppers into them as well as the pilots that had to fly so many runs within a short period of time. I thought the best line so far was the reference to the German troops under the influence of so many days of amphetamines. It made them overly aggressive and removed empathy, the perfect warrior.
The **** guards at the Death camps stayed drunk 24 x 7 and probably were doing those uppers as well.

morasp

Reaction score
NCIS
NCIS New Orleans
God Friended Me
MacGyver
Bob hearts Abishola
The Neighborhood
Young Sheldon
Carol's Second Act
Hawaii Five O
Seal Team
Last Man Standing
Tommy
S.W.A.T.
When Calls The Heart

ESisback

Reaction score
I like the show as well. The first 2 seasons were really good, seems to be getting back on track this season.

Plus the mother and daughter are both hot.
Lotsa “barn raising”! How come you never see McGibbon and the blind auntie dusting up?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Normal trailer for season 3 of West World ..

.. and then one presenting it as a Romantic Comedy ..

Big_D

Reaction score
pts 2 and 3 are really good also.
can't wait to see the one on Grant.

I should've paid more attention in school. lol I always assumed 7/4/76 was when the US won the war AND gained their Independence. It was just the date they signed the Declaration (obviously a very big deal) but the war was just starting. Didn't end until 9/3/83. We weren't technically independent until 7+ years later. That 9/3 should be a holiday also. That's the big one. Thank God for George Washington or we'd still be under British rule. It was a great miniseries.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I should've paid more attention in school. lol I always assumed 7/4/76 was when the US won the war AND gained their Independence. It was just the date they signed the Declaration (obviously a very big deal) but the war was just starting. Didn't end until 9/3/83. We weren't technically independent until 7+ years later. That 9/3 should be a holiday also. That's the big one. Thank God for George Washington or we'd still be under British rule. It was a great miniseries.
you and me both.
it really was a great miniseries.
truly worth the time.
:bow:GEORGE WASHINGTON:bow:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Better Call Saul premier was DOPE last night! Episode 2 tonight! This season is going to rival any of Breaking Bad. And that is really saying something.
He said it was getting into BB territory which all of us have waited for and I think it's taken too long. I could have done with a lot less Chuck dressed like a burrito.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Better Call Saul premier was DOPE last night! Episode 2 tonight! This season is going to rival any of Breaking Bad. And that is really saying something.

I saw the new season was out. I 'm going to have to remember where I left off and give that one a go again. I did enjoy the show.

Yellowstone, with Kevin Costner

I've heard that was a good show.