Twitter: Tweet of the Year

dckid

Reaction score

Can I give this a million likes?
Jerry is nothing without Jimmy. Without Jimmy this team would not have seen a SB since 1978. Jerry is an absolute buffoon on every level possible.
Don't ever defend that moron to me. He is a piece of trash owner, who just cares about hype and no substance.
I can't even understand what you fans who like him think? Did you not see the past 28 years since Jimmy was let go?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You wouldn't even need a coach with that team Jimmy built.

That was the point Jerry was making hiring Switzer who was a Jimmy rival in college. What Jerry didn't think about is that there aren't 500 coaches who could have built that team. The players basically took over when Switzer arrived. The man was 7 years retired or something when he landed in Dallas as the worlds most expensive babysitter.

jsb357

Reaction score
And DOS. Does anyone remember DOS? And Floppy Disks? Do those exist anymore?

exist yes practical no

oh good times

editing the autoexec.bat file and the config.sys file to load himem.sys
to gain access to memory greater that 640mb

oh good times

Alvin Harper catch to seal the deal

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can I give this a million likes?
Jerry is nothing without Jimmy. Without Jimmy this team would not have seen a SB since 1978. Jerry is an absolute buffoon on every level possible.
Don't ever defend that moron to me. He is a piece of trash owner, who just cares about hype and no substance.
I can't even understand what you fans who like him think? Did you not see the past 28 years since Jimmy was let go?

I think Risen would object b/c I would take over as the "likes" leader with a million. lol

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Fact.

We literally have three more Super Bowl titles because their last names start with Jo and they roomed in college alphabetically.
Risen - I enjoy reading your input on this forum. This might be my favorite post that I have read of yours.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Jerry signed his checks and Jimmy quit on us.....screw him
Jimmy was smart and had halls (spelling?) walking away, any other owner he'd have stayed. He knew Jerry was a joke, foolish and wasn't going have any of that nonsense.

But, yes, it was Jimmy, who made Jerry the "man", owner, gm, coach, he is today.

Jimmy dissed him big big time, according to Jerry and Jerry vowed no one would ever do it to him again, ever in his lifetime again.

Thus, quarter century of futility...and counting.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I only go by facts. The fact is, Jerry won a Superbowl without Jimmy. Jimmy hasn't won **** without Jerry. That's just truth, reality, facts.

By you ignoring real facts and reality surrounding any aspects of football reality tells all we need to know about you're inability to accept real life facts do to your delusion.

Hey thanks for clearing this up for us!!
So are you saying Jerry is better at managing a team than Jimmy?

Let's hear it.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Are you a boss or a worker.....I've been both, when I had 96 employees, they knew who was the boss....when I worked for someone, I knew who was the boss.....Jimmy quit on us!
Robert Kraft stays out of it, turned out pretty good. Hell ALL the other owners let the football people do their jobs and don't "meddle" like Jerry has.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy was smart and had halls (spelling?) walking away, any other owner he'd have stayed. He knew Jerry was a joke, foolish and wasn't going have any of that nonsense.

But, yes, it was Jimmy, who made Jerry the "man", owner, gm, coach, he is today.

Jimmy dissed him big big time, according to Jerry and Jerry vowed no one would ever do it to him again, ever in his lifetime again.

Thus, quarter century of futility...and counting.

Jimmy dissed him b/c Jerry started trying to get involved in matters where he had no expertise. Jerry Jones has no qualifications to be an NFL GM and make the kinds of decisions that Jimmy was paid to make. So, it is not hard to imagine Jimmy getting annoyed by Jerry's buggling attempts to get credit where it was not due. Because Jerry had the title of GM, he wanted the credit due a GM regardless of who actually made the football decisions. It was a bunch of nonsense on Jerry's part. Had he stayed in the owners box like every other owner at the time not named Al Davis, Jimmy would have brought him many more trophies.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Robert Kraft stays out of it, turned out pretty good. Hell ALL the other owners let the football people do their jobs and don't "meddle" like Jerry has.

I think Jerry is overly focused on the Cowboys b/c it is primary business. Most other owners have other ventures they are involved in. I think Jerry bought the cowboys with every penny he had in the world and borrowed the rest. He did so b/c he really wanted to be involved in a football team and be respected as a leader in the sport. He wanted to be Al Davis basically.

GINeric

Reaction score
and vice versa

Jerry won one with Jimmy. Jimmy hasn't won another with Jerry.

Well they both put together some great teams together. Jerry has managed to draft pretty good players throughout the years well after Jimmy was gone. Jimmy didn't draft too well
Let's hear it.

Let's hear it.

They both have managed to put together some good teams here in Dallas. After Jimmy left, Jerry still managed to draft very well. But after Jimmy left he didn't draft and manage as well in Miami.

I'll let you be the judge for who's done a better job after they split.

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
Cannot argue with that statement.
Jimmy put a prime in smart players(Are you paying attention, Randy Gregory, Cedric Wilson)?
Dumb players cost you games.
There is a reason many of these clowns end up broke within 5 years of being out of the league.
They are stupid in all aspects of life.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I only go by facts. The fact is, Jerry won a Superbowl without Jimmy. Jimmy hasn't won **** without Jerry. That's just truth, reality, facts.

By you ignoring real facts and reality surrounding any aspects of football reality tells all we need to know about you're inability to accept real life facts do to your delusion.

Hey thanks for clearing this up for us!!

And you understand none of the context. Facts without context are meaningless. In 1995, Jimmy's team was in tact. The leaders were HOF players like Aikman, Irvin, Smith, Haley....... The players ran that team and held the standard. Go read some books on the subject since you obviously have no real memories of that time.

Jimmy is in the HOF for what he did in Dallas, and you are clueless.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Jerry won one with Jimmy. Jimmy hasn't won another with Jerry.

They both have managed to put together some good teams here in Dallas. After Jimmy left, Jerry still managed to draft very well. But after Jimmy left he didn't draft and manage as well in Miami.

I'll let you be the judge for who's done a better job after they split.

Yes Jerry won one without Jimmy
And you understand none of the context. Facts without context are meaningless. In 1995, Jimmy's team was in tact. The leaders were HOF players like Aikman, Irvin, Smith, Haley....... The players ran that team and held the standard. Go read some books on the subject since you obviously have no real memories of that time.

Jimmy is in the HOF for what he did in Dallas, and you are clueless.

This, the 95 was Jimmy’s team. Heck almost any coach would have won a SB with that team. Just stay out the way. You saw what happened the following year after that SB win.

visionary

Reaction score
Fact.

We literally have three more Super Bowl titles because their last names start with Jo and they roomed in college alphabetically.

this right here

Many people like to give credit to Jones for hiring Jimmy when the fact is that Jimmy’s hiring was also the result of nepotism. Jerry just lucked out with it . As soon as he realized that Jimmy was being given the credit he got rid of him

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes Jerry won one without Jimmy

This, the 95 was Jimmy’s team. Heck almost any coach would have won a SB with that team. Just stay out the way. You saw what happened the following year after that SB win.

Jerry won and merited very little of the credit. But, he thinks otherwise. Hence the past 26 years of futlity.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this right here

Many people like to give credit to Jones for hiring Jimmy when the fact is that Jimmy’s hiring was also the result of nepotism. Jerry just lucked out with it . As soon as he realized that Jimmy was being given the credit he got rid of him

Jimmy was a legit HC prospect. His Miami teams were great and loaded with NFL talent. Jerry does deserve credit for hiring Jimmy. The problem is that Jerry thinks he deserves a whole lot more credit.

plymkr

Reaction score

Is it possible that we can make sure Jerry sees this. I might frame this and put it on my wall. What did Jerry say? 500 coaches can coach this team to a super bowl. Well that was 26 years ago and doing it Jerry's way has produced 0-26.