Twitter: Cowboys told Ramsey Taking Him At 4

shabazz

Reaction score
He was the man in 16.

Also ruined the 17 season with his antics.

18 was his peak.

Funny how he grew up after noticing that second contract had a personal conduct policy.

Thing is....he had many miles on him when he got here.....and that agent knew exactly when to strike. I didn't mind paying him at the time but the kind of guarantee he was given was unprecedented and unmatched at the position since.

How many RBs over the last 20 years were top 3 fantasy picks, then out of the league and/or non factors a season or two thereafter?

It's a steep cliff at RB.

led the league in rushing his first 2 years and would have won the 3rd except for the “no due process” suspension without merit. After 3 years he’s mailing it in with flashes of greatness.

I don’t prefer any running back drafted in the 1st round that’s not named Barry Sanders

TwentyOne

Reaction score
They probably thought Elliot was going #1 overall.......

Elliot would have never been picked #1 overall. The Tennesee Titans back then holding the #1 overall pick havent had need at RB. They traded their pick to the LA Rams who havent had need either.

The #3 pick was out of question too. San Diego wasnt in need too. What brings us to the #2 overall where Cleveland had no need of a RB but chose to trade its pick to Philly. Philly traded 2 players and their 13th pick to move up 5 slots. Do you really think a franchise would do this for a RB? A franchise who did not value RB that high before. Also the 2 QBs drafted before Elliot were clearly considered the cream of the crop in that draft.

If Dallas really thought like you said i think that would be another example of how incompetent our FO is. But no, i think the Elliot pick was planned long time before. Ramsey was never in the conversation. And it suits the situation we were in (Garrett under pressure in what was his last year in Dallas).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know the reason behind it, but Henry didn't crack 1,000 yards until his third season. (1,059) He may not have helped as much as we think.
If they'd had the choice of Elliott or Henry, they would have taken Elliott too. He was the total package as a blocker and receiver as well.

I watched Henry a lot and if he got the hole, bye bye but plenty of time he failed to move the pile or convert on a 3rd down. But if he got in the open, who in the hell wants to step in front of a runaway train? And he worked on his stiff arm when he got to the NFL as well.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know the reason behind it, but Henry didn't crack 1,000 yards until his third season. (1,059) He may not have helped as much as we think.

He had Demarco Murray taking his carries the first 2 years. He wasn't given much of an opportunity until year 3 when Murray left and they made him the starter.

Hindsight is 20/20. It pretty obvious now that Henry was a much better value than Zeke and probably would had early success behind our great 2016 OL.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Ramsey or slight trade down.....but not Elliott at 4.
that was my stance then and it still is.

But to be fair, Zeke was very good his first few years. Just, for so many reasons, not worth the 4th overall pick.

Ramsey and Henry would've been nice.
Would Moore know how to use Henry? Moore’s style of offense doesn’t match to Henry’s style of running.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
What a ridiculous post.
I said I called BS on it and what was could have been said.

Then you make up something completely stupid.

No you did not say/write what could have been said. You were very clear in what happend. Not the language but precisely about what happend. I posted what you wrote. Read it if you dont trust me before you tell me about stupidity.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Behind Prime Tyron, Martin, and Fredbeard. Henry’s speed might have given him a 2,000 yard rookie season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you did not say/write what could have been said. You were very clear in what happend. Not the language but precisely about what happend. I posted what you wrote. Read it if you dont trust me before you tell me about stupidity.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

phildadon86

Reaction score
He was the man in 16.

Also ruined the 17 season with his antics.

18 was his peak.

Funny how he grew up after noticing that second contract had a personal conduct policy.

Thing is....he had many miles on him when he got here.....and that agent knew exactly when to strike. I didn't mind paying him at the time but the kind of guarantee he was given was unprecedented and unmatched at the position since.

How many RBs over the last 20 years were top 3 fantasy picks, then out of the league and/or non factors a season or two thereafter?

It's a steep cliff at RB.
At least hes still here. Can you imagine Ramsey looking at SJ's contract proposal?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Agree! This is very easy to dispute and deny. He gave a pretty detailed account of what teams were saying. As someone said earlier teams lie so I could easily see them telling him they trying to hide their new toy, Zeke love

You never know what happend but i rather believe a player than a FO. Especially when it comes to ours.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If he’s the best cornerback in the league, how is he overrated?

Last year he wasnt the best. But by media he was hyped like he still was. Ramseys best days are behind him. Still he is very good.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Imagine if Ramsey and Henry over Zeke and Jaylon and Watt over Taco.

But I am constantly told what a great drafting team we are.