Twitter: Cowboys told Ramsey Taking Him At 4

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If he’s the best cornerback in the league, how is he overrated?
#1: He is one of the best CBs currently in the league. I'm not sure that he is the best CB in the league.
#2: You can be the best CB currently in the league and still be overrated if people are comparing you to the greatest CBs to ever play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was just a sucky year to have that high of a pick because in hindsight I’d rather not have Ramsey or Zeke….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let’s get something understood though. Taking a corner back top 5 in the draft is just as egregious as taking a running back there except at least I know the running back can come right in and contribute.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#1: He is one of the best CBs currently in the league. I'm not sure that he is the best CB in the league.
#2: You can be the best CB currently in the league and still be overrated if people are comparing you to the greatest CBs to ever play.

That’s enough of an admission for me.
:thumbup:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Time or Zeke? Zeke did not help his longevity.

BTW we could have a top 3 CB now or a broken down, expensive RB - which one are you taking?

I'll hopefully hold out for a promising RB and a top 3 CB. Sometimes, greed isn't necessarily a bad thing . . .:grin:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It goes off on your own BS then.

:thumbdown:

Do better.

giphy.gif

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In an alternate history we draft Ramsey instead of Zeke and things would be very different.

Dak doesn't have Zeke winning the rushing title by over 300 yards and being 1st team all pro and riding that wave to the #1 seed their rookie year.

What happens with Dak if he doesn't have the best RB in the NFL for his first 3 seasons? Romo surely gets his spot back in 2016 and Dak is now the back up? Does he ever get a chance to be the guy? Would he even be in the league right now?

What happens with the defense? Zeke made the Cowboys better in the short term, but Ramsey would have been the better guy long term. Zeke is now washed while Ramsey still plays at a pretty high level.

We would not have those horrible Zeke or Dak contracts right now. We'd have Ramsey on a big contract, but he'd be much better value than both Zeke and Dak.

Looking back, it's clear the Cowboys made the wrong choice.
Somebody stepped on our butterfly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not the hindsight game. It's the obvious and what fans wanted. Trysten Hill over Thornhill is another bone headed move.
If l ownership did what the fans wanted the Cowboys would be even worse than they are. Because I don’t recall many people on this site saying we should draft Parsons….and regardless of how we feel about the Zeke move this team won 13 games after they drafted him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No RB or TE is worth a first round pick. I don’t care who it is. In the long run you’re screwed.

And with the sheer number of receivers entering the draft every year, their value is dropping as well. It’s why the top-paid receivers are being moved.

Creeper

Reaction score
I hated the Zeke pick then, and I hate it even more now. I would have taken Ramsey in a minute and never looked back.

RBs just are not that valuable in the NFL anymore. They also have shorter careers. Ramsey was the right pick. But Jerry was trying to recapture the Triplets of the 1990s and that is never going to happen.

btw, I feel almost the same way about LB. Parsons value last year was as a pass rusher. As a pure LB he was good but the position doesn't have the value it had when running the football was the number 1 priority. Today, with QBs getting paid $40 million or more they have to throw a lot to earn their value. The elevates the value of pass rushers and CBs.