Twitter: Stephen Jones Get Real

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
As for this post cern, I totally agree.
As a matter of fact, and in Jimmy's past SF NFCCG prediction voice combined with a former reality show punchline.

"Put it in 3 inch Bold Headlines, You're Fired!"

Or do it in a little Oprah style but not automobile gifts. Termination notices,lol

"Hey McCarthy, you get a pink slip, and your brother Nolan gets one, and even little Kellen gets one."

The sooner the better.
Dallas basically needs a rebuild of the front office. Then the scouts need to go. Followed by the whole coaching staff.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s been 9,082 days (24 years) since we last played in a Super Bowl.

Why would anyone think these idiots would know how to correct mistakes and put a winning football team together.
The odds are so overwhelmingly against them being successful, no one would bet those odds.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Getting real is getting a real GM.

c3075056fc7a80f266d78517e62bf1a8.gif

MaineBoy

Reaction score
So Stephen, who hires the coaches and acquires the players ? Because it has to be either one of them right - it can’t be the front office...

75boyz

Reaction score
Dallas basically needs a rebuild of the front office. Then the scouts need to go. Followed by the whole coaching staff.

Yep, no doubt. Unfortunately there's no bored billionaire families out there to miraculously convince the Jones Cartel to sell.

Heck I'd put twenty in on a Go Fund Me fan takeover if "the brand" could somehow be publicly auctioned.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
And two years ago, these same guys were allowing the Rams to run all over them in the playoff game. This team has had the same problems...it's just now that the offense is missing a lot of pieces for an extended portion of the season, you're seeing the defense look even worse. And also, players are not motivated anymore so we're seeing them check out mentally.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
So he may have been dropping the company line but accidentally just told us the coaching is terrible.

Or he just straight up told us they are terrible.

Either way he's blaming coaches mostly I think.

I kind of get that impression too. It's true the defense was better last year with a similar cast. McCarthy is either going to have to vouch for Nolan and risk an early termination if things don't drastically improve or go a different direction for defensive coordinator. Hopefully the later, Nolan is looking like the bad coach from the Atlanta defense. Only downside lack of offseason prep, and wrong players to run the system may all be excuses the Jones family buys. If you listen to McCarthy though he doesn't think its the scheme, so that may tell you what direction this goes in.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So he may have been dropping the company line but accidentally just told us the coaching is terrible.

Or he just straight up told us they are terrible.

Either way he's blaming coaches mostly I think.

They always blame the coaches.

They "know" they have good players - they drafted them. It's gotta be the fault of those dumb coaches (who they also hired). :rolleyes:

Praxit

Reaction score
Dumbo’s #1 son showing why no other NFL team would hire him without him purchasing the team. I used to think SJ would be better than JJ. Then he started doing radio shows proving his expertise is simply DNA.
..lol.. that means we are really screwed. But I have hope, that every man has to look in the mirror and accept him self for better or worse. In our case, SJ states they hire someone who know's football.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
greg williams was just shown the door. he's a far superior dc to nolan. the time to fire someone is the moment you recognize they are not performing up to standards. that time has long since passed for nolan. firings should have two effects. first is getting rid of a weakness. second is sending a message to others.
Here is an interesting thought, I think. More and more teams have gone to young offensive coordinators whose ideas are congruent with the current game. My sense is - and I could be shown to be mistaken - that teams have been less proactive in hiring younger defensive coordinators.

This seems a bit odd. Maybe the older DCs, set in their ways, are married to ideas and schemes that worked once and have become outmoded. Mike Nolan has, for many years, been a competent DC in the NFL. He might never have been the best, but he was competent. Suddenly his scheme seems to have more leaks than the Titanic. Has he forgotten how to coach defense, or is the opposite -- he remembers too much that is no longer effective?

I don't think Williams is the answer. I'm not sure Wade Phillips is the answer. I wonder if the answer is to turn to someone whose background is more tuned to defending modern offenses.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I take this to mean Stephen is in camp Fire Nolan.
And if so, good.
Someone has to get fired if you play this poorly.
I'll feel as bad for Nolan as I did for Poe and Griffin, i.e. not at all.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
This is an example for those aspiring to upper management.

Sometimes it's better to just shut your pie-hole.

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."

Proverbs 17:28.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I don't think Williams is the answer. I'm not sure Wade Phillips is the answer. I wonder if the answer is to turn to someone whose background is more tuned to defending modern offenses.

There is a guy named Patricia. He is not HC material...yet. If reined in properly by another HC he could build a very creative defence tough as nails. Works in both the 3-4 and 4-3. Has coached both sides of the ball. High football intelligence and low emotional intelligence. Sounds like a perfect defensive guy to me.