Twitter: Two NFL teams with a playoff win percentage below .250

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys exisit because of t

Why not? Was it the Jones boys who decided to keep Garrett for almost 10 years " a coach learning the ropes" they said? He can't even get a coordinator job now much less a head coach job like Jerrah said teams would be lining up for him. Did they hire Dave Campo? Does Jerry make it clear that the head coach doesn't really have control over the team that Jerrah is the one voice? Players know they can go to Jerry anytime. Do they even let the coaches choose their own staff? Moore seemed to be shoved down McCarthy's throat because that's Jerry's new pet. It's no coincidence that since Jimmy left and Jerry took over as the loan voice of the Cowboys that they are on this miserable streak. And don't count Switzer in 95 that was still the team Jimmy built. It's mind boggling how fast they fell after that. I can give a million examples of Jerry's mistakes that hurt this franchise over the last 26 years and counting all because his ego still believes he was the soul reason they had that success in the early 90's.

Coaches yes that is on Jerry. And is a HUGE factor in the lack of success. But not the players on the field, according to what you said with McClay.
That was what I meant about the coaches and or the right players. I do like what McClay has been doing though.

MM was allowed to choose his own staff, except for Moore, in spite of what MM said, he was ok with Moore. That is up to each fan to believe or not. I do not buy into that 100%.
I think Tuna was allowed to bring in his own staff as well. But Wade was a plug and play coach, with Garrett forced upon him also.
Garrett supposedly got some new coaches, but I think that was still Jerry heavy handed "suggestions".

MM into his 3rd year with his coaches, 2nd with DQ. But they were his coaches except Moore. Will see the results in the 2nd full off season programs in place.
I am not sure if the record will improve, but I expect better consistency.

Still Jerry wants to be called GM so it all falls back on him, rather he made the decision or not, but as you said, he hired the coaches and FO.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys exisit because of t

Why not? Was it the Jones boys who decided to keep Garrett for almost 10 years " a coach learning the ropes" they said? He can't even get a coordinator job now much less a head coach job like Jerrah said teams would be lining up for him. Did they hire Dave Campo? Does Jerry make it clear that the head coach doesn't really have control over the team that Jerrah is the one voice? Players know they can go to Jerry anytime. Do they even let the coaches choose their own staff? Moore seemed to be shoved down McCarthy's throat because that's Jerry's new pet. It's no coincidence that since Jimmy left and Jerry took over as the loan voice of the Cowboys that they are on this miserable streak. And don't count Switzer in 95 that was still the team Jimmy built. It's mind boggling how fast they fell after that. I can give a million examples of Jerry's mistakes that hurt this franchise over the last 26 years and counting all because his ego still believes he was the soul reason they had that success in the early 90's.
You forgot Jerry hiring Phillips and then shoving Garrett down this throat. Double down on his mistakes HC and OC!

Dre11

Reaction score
We had one of the greatest teams in NFL history from 1992-1995.

Since, not so great. What changed? And what’s been the constant since?

The same person in charge then. Is the same person in charge now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i love that the cut off is always right after we won a SB. So what is it if we go back a couple more years?
Why not go back to 1971?

That 25 year mark says there are fans on this forum 30 and down that have never really seen any playoff success form their team.

The reason the 25, 26 or 27 years fo frustration doesn't bother me as much as it does others is because I have the whole enchilada, been watching since 60 and and they became my team in 68.

The gross futility of the last 25 years is fact, it is real. Us that balanced by 8 trips and 5 wins previous to that? Yes, for some of us. But what was posted was also undeniable fact. We wwere once fans of a proud and winning franchise. Now we are fans of a franchise that is proud of itself.

Posts like these make me laugh. Before the girl blossomed up to 300 lbs, she was pretty and thin.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The same person in charge then. Is the same person in charge now.
No, he actually became in charge of the football operations part of it in 94. Even he can't dispute Johnson built those teams, including the coaching staffs, which were loyal to Johnson and not him, which is why he took over that when Johnson left.

Dre11

Reaction score
I thought Jimmy was in charge ? No, that was Jethro building those teams? And creating that winning culture? Silly me. Lol

No Jimmy wasn't in charge of the Cowboys Jerry was and Jimmy worked for Jerry. If you think any decision was made without Jerry approval then you're ceazy.

Dre11

Reaction score
No, he actually became in charge of the football operations part of it in 94. Even he can't dispute Johnson built those teams, including the coaching staffs, which were loyal to Johnson and not him, which is why he took over that when Johnson left.
No he was apart of the football operation from the start, if you don't think Jerry had his share of input and things didn't have his approval , you're crazy, if you don't think Jerry was in those draft rooms with input you're crazy, it's no different now with him having final say.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No Jimmy wasn't in charge of the Cowboys Jerry was and Jimmy worked for Jerry. If you think any decision was made without Jerry approval then you're ceazy.
Jethro rubber stamped decisions for Jimmy. But you go right ahead giving our frikin owner the credit.

Jethro apologist are a core reason why he’s able to maintain his public support. Despicable !!

terra

Reaction score
Anyone thinking that Jimmy was NOT doing most of the football work is a moron.

Once Jerry took over completely our slide began.

FACT.

Those trying to claim other wise are official drinkers of the Jerry Jones Kool Aid.

Love the idiots bleating about the Championship Teams of the 90's.

They sound exactly like the Fin fans talking about the 70's

And the Browns fans talking about the 50's.

While the rest of the NFL laughs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone thinking that Jimmy was NOT doing most of the football work is a moron.

Once Jerry took over completely our slide began.

FACT.

Those trying to claim other wise are official drinkers of the Jerry Jones Kool Aid.

Love the idiots bleating about the Championship Teams of the 90's.

They sound exactly like the Fin fans talking about the 70's

And the Browns fans talking about the 50's.

While the rest of the NFL laughs.
It’s amazing but we actually do have fans that still support our dysfunctional ownership and will bash anyone including Jimmy , Troy… whoever speaks out against him.

What they fail to realize is it’s their continued support which enables him to continue his ways.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No he was apart of the football operation from the start, if you don't think Jerry had his share of input and things didn't have his approval , you're crazy, if you don't think Jerry was in those draft rooms with input you're crazy, it's no different now with him having final say.
We will agree just to totally disagree on that one. Booger did exactly what Johnson ask him to do including signing Emmitt after 2 games into the season.

Do you think this guy is going to come into the NFL with absolutely 0 experience and start running a franchise? Ever seen anyone do that?

As far as having input in those draft rooms. pay close attention to the story Dave Wannstedt tells about having to talk Johnson into the war room after Booger asked him to make it look like he was involved in the draft picks. His pathetic need for attention and credit didn't start after Johnson left, it was mostly responsible for Johnson leaving.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
We will agree just to totally disagree on that one. Booger did exactly what Johnson aid to do including signing Emmitt after 2 games into the season.

Do you think this guy is going to come into the NFL with absolutely 0 experience and start running a franchise? Ever seen anyone do that?

As far as having input in those draft rooms. pay close attention to the story Dave Wannstedt tells about having to talk Johnson into the war room after Booger asked him to make it look like he was involved in the draft picks. His pathetic need for attention and credit didn't start after Johnson left, it was mostly responsible for Johnson leaving.

I've heard what Dave said, Dave also was Jimmy's boy from his days at Miami, I also know in any business you're not making decisions without an approval or input from the owner. If you believe that, then you just don't know how a business work.