Twitter: Two NFL teams with a playoff win percentage below .250

JonesBoys

Reaction score
12 years << 26 years and counting.
And in those 12 years we regularly went to the playoffs and actually won some games!!!
It's been 15 years since we managed to get to the play-offs in consecutive years.

Don't even bother. Jones boys are doing great by his standards. You should just be accepting of how the Dallas Cowboys are the definition of mediocrity or go root for another team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because I was a Cowboys fan before the Jones family came on board. The Dallas Cowboys are not the Jones family as much as they want to believe it. And as a lifelong fan I have every right to complain about the lackluster results for almost 3 decades just like you have the right to be an external optimist. I will continue to crap on the Jones family because they have ruined a once great franchise. You want to continue to waive pom poms for horrendous results than have it.

I was going to give you a like until the last line. I don't wave pom poms, it is more like I look more for positives than negatives.
Jerry and Stephen are common factors here, I understand that. They will need to win a SB in spite of them. Not so much because of them. :muttley:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It is a fact that every season will be different from the previous season. So what has to happen, from a logical perspective, for some of you to become optimistic instead of pessimistic?

Replacing the ownership is not an realistic option. So what now?

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news is I believe we are 2nd all time with 33 or 34 appearances without looking it up.

It’s really incredible that as poor as this era has been we still rank up there all time . It’s quite a testimony to how great our previous era was.

It’s how we can have so many old diehards who bash this era . And the one constant throughout.

Our franchise and base of fans would look much different if our previous era looked much like this one .

And those 30 plus wins were all with less playoff games being played. As opposed to how many more now being played.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I was going to give you a like until the last line. I don't wave pom poms, it is more like I look more for positives than negatives.
Jerry and Stephen are common factors here, I understand that. They will need to win a SB in spite of them. Not so much because of them. :muttley:

I'm done trying to find positives. The fact that we have to root for a miracle for this team to win anything of significance while these clowns are running the team as a family business is just a huge negative and disaster.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is a fact that every season will be different from the previous season. So what had to happen, from a logical perspective, for some of you to become optimistic instead of pessimistic?

It’s difficult to get past our greatest obstacle . I’m not sure we have to be either optimistic or pessimistic to follow the team. And we can retain some glimmer of hope despite our toxic culture and leadership for at least 60 minutes each week.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
It is a fact that every season will be different from the previous season. So what had to happen, from a logical perspective, for some of you to become optimistic instead of pessimistic?

I have basically come to the understanding that as long as the Jones boys are running this team they don't have a realistic shot at much. My only hope is a miracle. Thank god Will McClay doesn't have an ego so he has no issues with letting Jerry act like he is a GM. If he did he would be long gone and things would be worse. So I guess I can be optimistic about McClay and a miracle.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"WE ARE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PEOPLE, YOU'RE JUST FANS"
Are you a fan? Yes? Then your disagreement must be with Jerry and his FO being "professional football people". Like it or not, they are.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
They may be getting better at it, though slowly. Very slowly.
Who are the biggest cap eaters?
Dak, Zeke, DLaw, Martin, Tyron?

Many think Zeke will be gone after this year. I think it depends on what type of year he has.
Dak we will have 3 more years. I think the same for Dlaw now also, or at least 2 years.
Not sure about Martin, and Tyron's career is nearing an end.

So it depends on what other huge contracts are given out. Not sure who is up for the next big contract come 2023.
Need to see a list of FA's yet.
But it's too slow for the modern NFL.
Why draft a RB in the top 5, then compound that with giving him a big contract extension two years before they have to?
You only get a 5th for Cooper when you spent a 1st and he's still only 27.
Whey make Kellen Moore the OC when he only had one year of coaching experience at any level?
The list goes on and on.
It's just not good enough and at the rate at which they're improving (if at all) it will be decades before we get back to an NFC championship.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have basically come to the understanding that as long as the Jones boys are running this team they don't have a realistic shot at much. My only hope is a miracle. Thank god Will McClay doesn't have an ego so he has no issues with letting Jerry act like he is a GM. If he did he would be long gone and things would be worse. So I guess I can be optimistic about McClay and a miracle.

Ok, just to clarify something. The way I see what you are saying.
You are giving credit to Will McClay. As to acquiring players. Then the players do not win on the field. That is on the coaches and / or on McClay for not getting the right players.
But yet it is the Jones' fault they have not had success? If they are basically letting McClay run the show?

Yes ultimately it is the Jones', and some bad contracts and trades (Roy Williams WR fiasco being one of them)

But to blame them for on the field performance or non-performance actually, does not make a lot of sense.

Jimbo123

Reaction score

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it's too slow for the modern NFL.
Why draft a RB in the top 5, then compound that with giving him a big contract extension two years before they have to?
You only get a 5th for Cooper when you spent a 1st and he's still only 27.
Whey make Kellen Moore the OC when he only had one year of coaching experience at any level?
The list goes on and on.
It's just not good enough and at the rate at which they're improving (if at all) it will be decades before we get back to an NFC championship.

Moore as OC was a very poor choice. I did not like it even when they made him QB coach. Very poor decision on both parts.
They caved into Zeke, and I am a Zeke fan as you know. But that contract was way too early and way too much. But I try not to let the contracts and cap bother me. But EVERY contract is getting out of hand at every position.
We will see what happens there after this season.

I understand the frustration about Cooper, but also his production was declining. It was a salary dump more than getting value. Yes, many look at that as a huge dumb decision. But I can live with it to a degree. Now many will change their thoughts depending success or failure of Lamb, Gallop, and the rest of the WR group.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Are you a fan? Yes? Then your disagreement must be with Jerry and his FO being "professional football people". Like it or not, they are.

The Dallas Cowboys exisit because of t
Ok, just to clarify something. The way I see what you are saying.
You are giving credit to Will McClay. As to acquiring players. Then the players do not win on the field. That is on the coaches and / or on McClay for not getting the right players.
But yet it is the Jones' fault they have not had success? If they are basically letting McClay run the show?

Yes ultimately it is the Jones', and some bad contracts and trades (Roy Williams WR fiasco being one of them)

But to blame them for on the field performance or non-performance actually, does not make a lot of sense.

Why not? Was it the Jones boys who decided to keep Garrett for almost 10 years " a coach learning the ropes" they said? He can't even get a coordinator job now much less a head coach job like Jerrah said teams would be lining up for him. Did they hire Dave Campo? Does Jerry make it clear that the head coach doesn't really have control over the team that Jerrah is the one voice? Players know they can go to Jerry anytime. Do they even let the coaches choose their own staff? Moore seemed to be shoved down McCarthy's throat because that's Jerry's new pet. It's no coincidence that since Jimmy left and Jerry took over as the loan voice of the Cowboys that they are on this miserable streak. And don't count Switzer in 95 that was still the team Jimmy built. It's mind boggling how fast they fell after that. I can give a million examples of Jerry's mistakes that hurt this franchise over the last 26 years and counting all because his ego still believes he was the soul reason they had that success in the early 90's.