TY Law

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Nors said:
Jets and Steelers drafted CB.
Miami maybe -

Dallas in my opinion is in the game with a Parcells player discount. It might be in Laws best interest to sign a 1 year deal with us and at just turned 31, start a FS career that could extend his career at least 5 more years.

I'm Parcells, its Ty, You are the captain of my D, I'll give you incentive laced deal - run my D....
Well, you never know. Law could change agents to say...a...Jimmy Sexton?! THEN something could be worked out for sure! Ball is in Law's court, change agents and play FS for the Cowboys or.....end up back in Miami w/ the police on your a**, again..... ;)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
On the other side of the coin, there are 32 teams, he's a CB and CB is always in demand. By the time he's medically cleared to play a decision on FS will have long been made and it won't be him.

What the hell, just to make it interesting...Law doesn't have to come to play safety, he could sign as a CB on a one year deal. Henry was a hell of a FS in 2001, and by all accounts is a team player. It would be a gamble for Law, but we could match his 1 year money with any team in the league, he could play at CB in a defense he already knows, then leave in FA next year. This only makes any sense if he can't get the long term CB deal he wants this year coming off an injury, but I'd say that's pretty unlikely, too. I don't know how to reconcile the deal with the Postons other than to day that a 1 year cash offer would be pretty simple no matter who the agents are.

One things for sure, considering that the team has said several times that we're looking at the FS position, we sure haven't even nibbled on anybody who's out there. No Sharper, no Darius rumors. I don't believe we were ever seriously looking at FS in the second round of the draft if we turned down trade offers in order to take Burnett.

Maybe now that we have A Glenn, we've got the leadership in the secondary that everyone was talking about at the end of last year, but Law makes sense on the leadership/attitude front as well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Idgit said:
What the hell, just to make it interesting...Law doesn't have to come to play safety, he could sign as a CB on a one year deal. Henry was a hell of a FS in 2001, and by all accounts is a team player. It would be a gamble for Law, but we could match his 1 year money with any team in the league, he could play at CB in a defense he already knows, then leave in FA next year. This only makes any sense if he can't get the long term CB deal he wants this year coming off an injury, but I'd say that's pretty unlikely, too. I don't know how to reconcile the deal with the Postons other than to day that a 1 year cash offer would be pretty simple no matter who the agents are.

One things for sure, considering that the team has said several times that we're looking at the FS position, we sure haven't even nibbled on anybody who's out there. No Sharper, no Darius rumors. I don't believe we were ever seriously looking at FS in the second round of the draft if we turned down trade offers in order to take Burnett.

Maybe now that we have A Glenn, we've got the leadership in the secondary that everyone was talking about at the end of last year, but Law makes sense on the leadership/attitude front as well.
When his agents are not the Postons I'll believe there is an outside shot. Not until then though.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
. When cops caught him, he reportedly said "don't touch me - I'm a professional athlete." Huh? That means ... what, exactly?

That means, don't touch me I am a professional athlete.

law_200x160.jpg

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Idgit said:

Actually Darren Sharper was sched. for a visit here but like we did with Rivera he signed before he ever got the chance to visit other teams.

BP said at his PC after the Draft that FS was not a priority he said we got guys that can play the position his focus in the draft was fixing the front seven cause no matter how good your FS was in you couldn't get to the QB then he would complete the passes. So no FS wasn't a priority then he went on to say Does that mean if one came avaliable in FA we wouldn't look at him NO it means we had other areas we knew we had to fix and thats what we did.

Now the key for me was when he said FS was not a priority he said we got guys that can play the position because I had felt this all along get pressure on the QB and the FS will look like a million bucks.

Heck I even think during the draft they were talking about the moves Dallas was making and someone asked Doesn't Dallas need a FS and Golic said with what Dallas is doing by fixing the front seven he or Kiper could play FS with the pressure we were going to be getting on the QB now he was joking about him or Kiper but you get the gist.....Were fine at FS don't worry about it....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Fletch said:
There is nothing that is aligning. The guy is a punk. No team has signed Ty Law for a reason. The boy can't even outrun a couple police officers. Horrible AND pathetic in my opinion.

Regardless if dips*** Law is a player from Parcells' past, Bill and Jerry have clearly stated that they want "character" guys on their team. Not idiots who run from the police.

Your statement of handing the defense over to Ty Law is ludicrous. Yeah, hand the keys over to a broke down CB and say run my defense when you have an impact player like Roy Williams. We all know you eat these kinda threads up. Loving to argue back and forth, especially if it's about a former Patsie.

Ty Law need not apply in Dallas. Won't happen.

You know nothing about Ty Law the football player and leader. Non event - all charges dropped in that incident.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Actually Darren Sharper was sched. for a visit here but like we did with Rivera he signed before he ever got the chance to visit other teams.

BP said at his PC after the Draft that FS was not a priority he said we got guys that can play the position his focus in the draft was fixing the front seven cause no matter how good your FS was in you couldn't get to the QB then he would complete the passes. So no FS wasn't a priority then he went on to say Does that mean if one came avaliable in FA we wouldn't look at him NO it means we had other areas we knew we had to fix and thats what we did.

Now the key for me was when he said FS was not a priority he said we got guys that can play the position because I had felt this all along get pressure on the QB and the FS will look like a million bucks.

Heck I even think during the draft they were talking about the moves Dallas was making and someone asked Doesn't Dallas need a FS and Golic said with what Dallas is doing by fixing the front seven he or Kiper could play FS with the pressure we were going to be getting on the QB now he was joking about him or Kiper but you get the gist.....Were fine at FS don't worry about it....

We are not fine at FS but convince yourself on that one. JJ has said repeadedly of late that FS WAS A PRIORITY.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit said:

NICE POST!

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
You know nothing about Ty Law the football player and leader. Non event - all charges dropped in that incident.

What about the time he got caught with Ecstasy? Where there is smoke, there's usually fire.

I thought you were anti-thug. Thats how you explained your tirade against Dwight Smith....unless there were other factors at work. ;)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
5mics said:
Well, you never know. Law could change agents to say...a...Jimmy Sexton?! THEN something could be worked out for sure! Ball is in Law's court, change agents and play FS for the Cowboys or.....end up back in Miami w/ the police on your a**, again..... ;)

Great post !

If Ty gets over his injury....

If Ty fires the Postons and hires Jimmy Sexton....

If he gives us a discount...Heck even an incentive laden contract based upon performance...

Doubt those things will happen, but if all 3 do, there would be a chance...

Pretty slim tho. The ball is in Ty's court to do the above things to come play here...My money...is on the money, meaning he won't do the above things because Ty and the Postons want as much money as posible. If he wants big money and the Postons, which I think he does, then go get your bucks somewhere else.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Well if these guys didn't have a little baggage they wouldn't be available. I mean I still think we should have drafted Randy Moss, it isn't a perfect world, we can't have all eagle scouts, I mean we got Greg Ellis instead, how many pro bowls/super bowl appearances for him in that time.You have to take chances in the NFL, NE does all the time as well, it doesn't always work out but do you want to be 8 and 8 forever. I remember when we took a chance on Charles Hayley, remember how he was damaged goods with the 49's, bad back, bad attitude, took us all the way baby. Do you honestly think that Lynn Scott is going to take us to another level at FS, personally if this guy didn't have some injuries/issues we'd never get near him, he's not done yet, and neither was Keyshawn, again another one with issues, I'll leave my soapbox now...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Idgit said:
What the hell, just to make it interesting...Law doesn't have to come to play safety, he could sign as a CB on a one year deal.

We already have Aaron Glenn---pass.

I don't understand this obsession with Ty Law. I really don't.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
We already have Aaron Glenn---pass.

Perennial All Pro cover guys - they are everywhere!!!!!!!

When healthy he's as good as they get.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Nors said:

Dropped charges don't equate to a 'non event.' Something happened, and it wasn't a good thing.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
What about the time he got caught with Ecstasy? Where there is smoke, there's usually fire.

I thought you were anti-thug. Thats how you explained your tirade against Dwight Smith....unless there were other factors at work. ;)

Ty Law is a football player.
Hard worker.

Esctasy - not his - misdemenear like a parking ticket

Smith pulls guns on people - more than once - thats a felony.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Ty Law is a football player.
Hard worker.

Esctasy - not his - misdemenear like a parking ticket

Smith pulls guns on people - more than once - thats a felony.

Alright, Nors. :rolleyes:

It was in his bag. He ran from the cops. Doesn't speak much to his ability to be a secondary leader if he isn't any smarter than that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:

This from the guy with the yarble-fixation.

I don't really want Law, I'm just feeding the conspiracy theory, because it amuses me to watch people gang up on Nors.

I'm partial to Davis, myself. I'd love to see us fill a position or two from the bottom of the talent-pool. That's the best sign of a good team, IMHO.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit said:
This from the guy with the yarble-fixation.

I don't really want Law, I'm just feeding the conspiracy theory, because it amuses me to watch people gang up on Nors.

I'm partial to Davis, myself. I'd love to see us fill a position or two from the bottom of the talent-pool. That's the best sign of a good team, IMHO.

I could call Gurode a bust and people would argue against it ;)

Yeagh getting Law to sign an incentive laden deal to play FS is a TERRIBLE Idea.

Lets hope Berry o or Scott can do it. Wait maybe Davis can do it.

About as ludicrous as thinking Davison, Powell Hunter and Thornton could play CB last year? If Law is agreeable its a TREMENDOUS add to our defense.