Twitter: Tyron could be out multiple months

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Anyone upset about the front office not addressing this hasn’t been paying attention the last quarter century.

it goes like this:
1. Everyone knows he is injury prone and a plan B is needed.
2. Team has $20m cap space
3. Team does nothing.

One of the most reactive and least proactive front office’s in sports. Whether you are talking about preparing themselves for or getting rid of injury prone players, or the way the game itself is trending, etc.

it makes me chuckle how inept daddy and sonny boy truly are

Carson

Reaction score
Probably, but sometimes (not often, unfortunately) it turns out not to be as bad as they think, at this point they probably haven't done an MRI or such. Slim hope but I'll not start with the wailing and gniashing of teeth just yet.

As far as the playoff push, if Dallas can't find a free agent or trade for a solid LT soon, they won't be anywhere near a playoff team without Tyron.

We'll see....
Agreed.

If they plan on Smith, Collins, Waletzko or Ball at LT you can say goodbye season.

LittleD

Reaction score
Probably, but sometimes (not often, unfortunately) it turns out not to be as bad as they think, at this point they probably haven't done an MRI or such. Slim hope but I'll not start with the wailing and gnashing of teeth just yet.

As far as the playoff push, if Dallas can't find a free agent or trade for a solid LT soon, they won't be anywhere near a playoff team without Tyron.

We'll see....

If Dak can't play like Brady, they never were.

LittleD

Reaction score
One of the most reactive and least proactive front office’s in sports. Whether you are talking about preparing themselves for or getting rid of injury prone players, or the way the game itself is trending, etc.

it makes me chuckle how inept daddy and sonny boy truly are
Get used to it or find another team... They Commancheros are looking for fanatics.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No no I agree with you. I am just saying that this particular injury is more bad luck than anything.

I am more angry that Jerry just keeps hanging his hat on Tyron staying healthy instead of bringing in a backup. Specifically for this reason. Its ok though. He is on first take today. Selling the brand. Thats all that matters.

Eric Fishers price just went way up to.
Jerry likes his guys.

It's become a joke at this point, but it's clearly true.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I agree with all of this. But you have to be very careful with this approach. You can get the qb wrecked
I agree, but you can also schematically help your OL. More double TE formations, 3 step drops, coming more run oriented, etc.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If Dak can't play like Brady, they never were.

Can't agree, if for no other reason than the division is still weak, Giants have multiple new o-line starters, Washington is depending on Wentz at qb and he's a big question mark. Hurts is not a top qb, either.

And it's possible the defense could be very good, don't need a top offense in that case, an average one can be good enough in that case.

The NFL is weird anyway, to say a team is for sure not a playoff possible team is jumping the gun. Remember Dallas has the easiest schedule in the league (though that's based on last year's team records and isn't anywhere near always the case this year).

Of course I'd rather they not back into the playoffs or go in as a weak team, would prefer a higher draft position instead....

Carson

Reaction score
Best solution
Zack Martin at LT - he is a generational talent, see if he can play that position the next two weeks.
I don’t think moving more players is what they want to do. You’d have a new LT, LG, average C, RG and an average RT

LittleD

Reaction score
Can't agree, if for no other reason than the division is still weak, Giants have multiple new o-line starters, Washington is depending on Wentz at qb and he's a big question mark. Hurts is not a top qb, either.

And it's possible the defense could be very good, don't need a top offense in that case, an average one can be good enough in that case.

The NFL is weird anyway, to say a team is for sure not a playoff possible team is jumping the gun. Remember Dallas has the easiest schedule in the league (though that's based on last year's team records and isn't anywhere near always the case this year).

Of course I'd rather they not back into the playoffs or go in as a weak team, would prefer a higher draft position instead....

Philthy will be much better this year which making the division harder to get. In conference play, we are the 4th or 5th team. Was never going to SB.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Here’s a thought . Leave 73 at guard the running game has looked much better and roll with Josh Ball at LT see what that shakes out if 77 can’t go against TB .

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I don’t think moving more players is what they want to do. You’d have a new LT, LG, average C, RG and an average RT
It might not what they want to do but the only other choices are a trade or starting a rookie at LT. McGovern best position is RG, the only move is Martin. I know it’s extreme but do they have a choice?

Carson

Reaction score
Here’s a thought . Leave 73 at guard the running game has looked much better and roll with Josh Ball at LT see what that shakes out if 77 can’t go against TB .
You don’t start Ball. He will get 4 killed.

You sign a vet like Eric Fisher, Julian Davenport, Nate Solder and pray they work out.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Beside the obvious things like having to use a back up QB, the offense has pretty much revolved around the question “Is Tyron Smith healthy” for several years. As he goes, so does the offense.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

panic-attack.gif