Twitter: Tyron could be out multiple months

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This is obviously a terrible injury - it’s one thing to miss his typical 5,6 games but months is bad. Silver lining tho is that down the road in a few years or so it may be beneficial to young guys like Tyler smith.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Are you trying to tell me that we were actually planning for that gut to be our starting LT? If so we are getting what we deserve. It's OK though the 40 million dollar man can make mountains out of molehills.

jwitten82

Reaction score
He walked out fine. I think it’s a false tweet. He had no limp and apparently grunted..

Does anyone know if he is hurt that bad. They said he was fine. He left with no limp or brace. Not even ice on it.
Yea, but Todd Archer and Adam Schefter are pretty good reliable sources, so it's kinda hard to doubt what they're saying

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Anyone upset about the front office not addressing this hasn’t been paying attention the last quarter century.

it goes like this:
1. Everyone knows he is injury prone and a plan B is needed.
2. Team has $20m cap space
3. Team does nothing.

Jipper

Reaction score
Hamstring tightness and lower back issues unfortunately go hand in hand ....and it only gets worse with age

CWR

Reaction score
Lol at the guy posting a few days talking about “no injuries”

Most of us saw how terrible of an idea that post was. Some of us are even blaming the jinx. Some things are better left unsaid. Maybe I'll go back to that thread and roast him. Lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
Come on.

It's something every year at this point with him.

I'm sure Jerry is sitting around saying the same things to try and justify keeping Smith around when he, at the drop of a hat, could be out for weeks at a time at any given point.
No no I agree with you. I am just saying that this particular injury is more bad luck than anything.

I am more angry that Jerry just keeps hanging his hat on Tyron staying healthy instead of bringing in a backup. Specifically for this reason. Its ok though. He is on first take today. Selling the brand. Thats all that matters.

Eric Fishers price just went way up to.

Carson

Reaction score
He walked out fine. I think it’s a false tweet. He had no limp and apparently grunted..

Does anyone know if he is hurt that bad. They said he was fine. He left with no limp or brace. Not even ice on it.
Archer is an insider directly to the team and Jerry. He wouldn’t post false information

Smith is cooked for the season. You may get him back for a late playoff push in December

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
well if they dont sign an OT now they are not serious of even winning the NFCE.

They needed to sign one before now, even with Tyron on the roster. Now it's not even a question, if they don't who will be the starting LT? Here's who they have now:
Ball.
Collins
Simon
Smith (Tyler)
Waletzko

3 of those are rookies, you do NOT want a rookie at LT unless he's a high draft pick that just needs polishing and experience, none of our rookies fit the bill - even Smith.

Of course this now makes Zeke probably the most valuable non-qb player on the roster, he'll have to be in there blocking 75% of the passing plays....

:(

LittleD

Reaction score
They needed to sign one before now, even with Tyron on the roster. Now it's not even a question, if they don't who will be the starting LT? Here's who they have now:
Ball.
Collins
Simon
Smith (Tyler)
Waletzko

3 of those are rookies, you do NOT want a rookie at LT unless he's a high draft pick that just needs polishing and experience, none of our rookies fit the bill - even Smith.

Of course this now makes Zeke probably the most valuable non-qb player on the roster, he'll have to be in there blocking 75% of the passing plays....

:(

You're dreaming of course. They will not. This is a Dak, Big Mack scapegoat year.

quickccc

Reaction score
This club flat as a Brick wall mentality as usual.

They made up their bed as accordingly,.. and now they have to sleep in it.

RonWashington

Reaction score
McCarthy talked up PS alumni Avante Collins and ESPN mentioned Eric Fisher who I have mentioned all summer as being available . The Colts indicated he “left the building” after last yr over injury concerns .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Smith is cooked for the season. You may get him back for a late playoff push in December

Probably, but sometimes (not often, unfortunately) it turns out not to be as bad as they think, at this point they probably haven't done an MRI or such. Slim hope but I'll not start with the wailing and gnashing of teeth just yet.

As far as the playoff push, if Dallas can't find a free agent or trade for a solid LT soon, they won't be anywhere near a playoff team without Tyron.

We'll see....