Twitter: Tyron could be out multiple months

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I am sorry but this is nearly unbelievable. I love Tyron Smith and he is one of my favorite Cowboys, but when I read this initially I literally thought it was satire. The injury prone label is usually thrown around too loosely, but wow it is shocking at the variety/severity of injuries that Tyron has dealt with the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Our front office treats the salary cap like some mythical deity that will bring death and destruction upon us all if we so much as look at it the wrong way. The fact the Jones boys have refused to even entertain getting veteran help on the offensive line/ WR is just dumbfounding to me. We all knew there was no chance Tyron plays more than 8 games this season but the front office seemed to think that 5+ years of injury history would evaporate for an aging player at a premium position.
It's very strange that the FO knew where the glaring deficiencies were, and did absolutely nothing about them. I was concerned about QB1 with the current receiver group. Now that his tackles are Terrence Steele and....? I just don't understand why they couldn't put some cash together to bring in adequate depth, knowing that a critical part of the offense is unreliable. Love the guy to death, but nobody is surprised this happened. 21 million dollars just sitting there, and nothing. I really hope the defense is as good as advertised. They may be carrying the team for awhile.

Reactions: CWR

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's very strange that the FO knew where the glaring deficiencies were, and did absolutely nothing about them. I was concerned about QB1 with the current receiver group. Now that his tackles are Terrence Steele and....? I just don't understand why they couldn't put some cash together to bring in adequate depth, knowing that a critical part of the offense is unreliable. Love the guy to death, but nobody is surprised this happened. 21 million dollars just sitting there, and nothing. I really hope the defense is as good as advertised. They may be carrying the team for awhile.

This current offensive line/ receiver group could be the catalyst for a very bad Dak Prescott season. We all know that Dak needs some help to play at a high level and wow... I just don't see how this works out in any way but disaster at this point unless some help is brought in at LT. I could have told you this was coming months ago but somehow the FO decided it was not worth having a contingency plan.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Something to consider. If you move Tyler Smith over to tackle, you're looking at a rookie that shaky in pass pro and has no reps at the position guarding the QB's blindside, lined up next to a guy that's more known as a fullback than a guard, lined up next to an occasional turnstile at center. Martin is the only guy I trust on this line. It's just too much turnover in one year. They should've tried to hold onto Williams, or kept Collins. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
"We like our guys."

As in, "Did you see that block that Collins missed against Denver?"

He did play better against the Chargers, but not swing tackle better.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
This current offensive line/ receiver group could be the catalyst for a very bad Dak Prescott season. We all know that Dak needs some help to play at a high level and wow... I just don't see how this works out in any way but disaster at this point unless some help is brought in at LT. I could have told you this was coming months ago but somehow the FO decided it was not worth having a contingency plan.
Unfortunately I agree. About the only hope I'm seeing is the line being strong enough to create some push for the running game, and relying heavily on PA and rollouts.. If they can manage to control the clock they'll be alright. I just have my doubts.

plasticman

Reaction score
By the way, would this "source" happen to be the chief ticket seller sitting in the GM office?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
And here most of us were happy when McCarthy stopped practicing Tyler at LT and let him focus on LG. Turns out he should have been focusing on LT.
No. They should have signed a legitimate backup tackle months ago, and let the rookie focus on playing G without holding. Why would you move the rookie. If Zack Martin is so good, which I think he is, let him play tackle.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
And a good front office wouldn’t have been.
Exactly. I mean how many years have they seen this coming now? We should've already had an experienced competent swing tackle in place before now.

Reactions: CWR

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Maybe this is true but I have questions.

If he tore his hamstring then how was he walking out of practice without a noticeable limp? A torn hamstring hurts and makes it difficult to walk. If the hammy was that severely injured then why was he walking on it at all?

How do they know it is torn without the MRI? Is there internal bleeding/bruising? Did the muscle retract into the back of his thigh? And if so then again, how was he walking without a limp or pain?

All pulled muscles involve some damage/tearing to the muscle tissue. A torn hamstring means the muscle detached fully or partially at one end or the other.

I am not saying he did not tear his hamstring, but it seems to me the early reports of him walking without a limp are not consistent with a torn hamstring.

Saw Him Holding The Back Knee When Tyron Went Down..