Tyron is gone - LT is the pick at 24

cnuball21

Reaction score
That’s the thread…Cowboys will force LT in round 1 guaranteed.

1942willys

Reaction score
not so fast.we have Tyler and also Asim Richards.
Richards MIGHT be a decent starter some day; but so far he looks like a good backup and that is all
DO you want to trust Dak's blindside to him for 17 games?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That’s the thread…Cowboys will force LT in round 1 guaranteed.
Right now I’m with you 100%. They were going to draft a offensive lineman in the first last season then flipped to Mazi.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Frankly if we went Center and LT picks one and two in either order I would be happy
Wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t address needs in FA and have to take a T and C in the first 2 rounds.

The opposite of drafting the best player available.

Gambit

Reaction score
Would you take Mims in first to replace Tyron?
Guyton?
Jordan?
Fatanu?

These are your likely options or at least 2 of them should still be there.

Mims with 8 college starts at RT, never played LT, which could be a positive, no bad habits. Massive powerful dude 6'7'', 340 lbs projected to run a 4.88. Huge upside but can he come in and start day 1 at LT?

Carson

Reaction score
Guyton?
Jordan?
Fatanu?

Mims with 8 college starts at RT, never played LT, which could be a positive, no bad habits. Massive powerful dude 6'7'', 340 lbs projected to run a 4.88. Huge upside but can he come in and start day 1 at LT?
Mims is a project
Guyton is a RT
Morgan and Fatanu likely play guard to begin their career

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Guyton?
Jordan?
Fatanu?

I think the value is there for everyone but Jordan.

I just hate the idea of going into the draft basically having to draft a LT in round 1 unless they’re kicking Tyler out.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Guyton?
Jordan?
Fatanu?

Mims is all about projection at this point. He is not a day 1 starter at LT. Tyler Smith is your best option, and a good one.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I think the value is there for everyone but Jordan.

I just hate the idea of going into the draft basically having to draft a LT in round 1 unless they’re kicking Tyler out.
This is exactly how we get stuck in nearly every draft. We don't fill the holes on the roster, paint ourselves into a corner, draft for need

Sully

Reaction score
Frankly if we went Center and LT picks one and two in either order I would be happy
Agree but then this team still has no LB or RBs. This team has too many holes to fill that the draft can fill. And the cap is too little to fill them also.
Unless you extend Prescott, the team can do much in FA either or do what this franchise does best--- SHOP AT DOLLAR GENERAL

cnuball21

Reaction score
This is exactly how we get stuck in nearly every draft. We don't fill the holes on the roster, paint ourselves into a corner, draft for need
Pretty much…the Jones are the reason we can’t get over the hump and this is a big reason why.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Tyler Smith I thought was solid as a rookie at LT, did have some penalties, but we knew that was going to happen. The coaches felt confident in Tyler to leave him at LT when Tyron came back from injury...I'm sure they still feel that Tyler can play LT at a high level. Year two, he was tremendous and going into year three he will be most confident lineman not named Zack. So, moving him back to LT really shouldn't be an issue.
So, for fun let's say we end up selecting Barton in the 1st and then have the opportunity to pick Frasier in the 2nd? Now, we are talking about having a powerful OL...how would you feel about that scenario? Even if the scenario presented itself, I'm sure the Braintrust would pass and look at another unit to add to.
LT Tyler Smith, LG Barton, C Frasier, RG Martin, RT Steele
I'm sure Frazier will be off the board before we pick in the 2nd, but the draft is funny, and we see players slide every year for numerous reasons.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Don't think so....

LT- Tyler Smith
LG- Bass
C-Barton....1st round after trade down
RG-Martin
RT- Steele
You have a good point. I like that offensive line, (Hoffman at center) and improve the defensive line where we don’t have serviceable players starting. Let’s be real except for Parsons and Tank we are below average in our front 7. It’s time for certain players to earn their money, you can’t have all pros at every position when you pay your quarterback.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
with Dak's extension now being muddy...it might be best to build the rest of the team for the future...maybe that is their definition of all in setting trey lance up for 2025 while staying competitive this year