Tyron is gone - LT is the pick at 24

cnuball21

Reaction score
Smith having to adjust to the speed of the game during his rookie season was an issue, especially the first half of the year, But, as the season went along, he was flagged less.
One of two things will probably happen...we draft OT in the first or Tyler is moved to LT. I'm fine with either...but if that draft pick is Barton or Fautanu you know Tyler will be moved out to LT.
I think you’re right…I just handcuffing ourselves like that.

We’re either asking Tyler to move after an all pro year or forcing a need pick.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
It will be a left side guy, all of these Tackles that have played RT their whole career can be ruled out. Latham, Mims, Guyton are RT I don't see any of them effectively making that transition. Guyton would be the most likely, able to make the switch in my opinion.

Top 3 picks for Cowboys if they pick OL in the first will be
1. T/G Fautanu
2. T/G Morgan
3. OL Barton

Fautanu will probably be gone by 24, hopefully they can work a small trade back and pick one of the other 2.
In camp Tyler Smith and the draft pick will battle for the LT spot.
The loser will have to battle Bass for the LG spot.

I see Biadasz coming back at Center now. Can't have two openings on the O-line going into the draft.

If they know Tyler Smith will be the LT they can go WR or CB in the first and draft a starting LG in the round 2.
Christian Haynes UConn, Cooper Beebe Kansas State, Dom Puni Kansas, Mahogany Boston College.

The LT the Commanders just cut might be a cheap bridge option because, he is coming off of hip surgery.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It will be a left side guy, all of these Tackles that have played RT their whole career can be ruled out. Latham, Mims, Guyton are RT I don't see any of them effectively making that transition. Guyton would be the most likely, able to make the switch in my opinion.

Top 3 picks for Cowboys if they pick OL in the first will be
1. T/G Fautanu
2. T/G Morgan
3. OL Barton

Fautanu will probably be gone by 24, hopefully they can work a small trade back and pick one of the other 2.
In camp Tyler Smith and the draft pick will battle for the LT spot.
The loser will have to battle Bass for the LG spot.

I see Biadasz coming back at Center now. Can't have two openings on the O-line going into the draft.

If they know Tyler Smith will be the LT they can go WR or CB in the first and draft a starting LG in the round 2.
Christian Haynes UConn, Cooper Beebe Kansas State, Dom Puni Kansas, Mahogany Boston College.

The LT the Commanders just cut might be a cheap bridge option because, he is coming off of hip surgery.
All three guys you’ve referenced as RT only
have the athleticism to play the left side and the scouting report indicate that.

I’d almost prefer we just declare Tyler the LT so we can at least draft BPA if we’re not going to do anything in FA.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
have the athleticism to play the left side and the scouting report indicate that.

I’d almost prefer we just declare Tyler the LT so we can at least draft BPA if we’re not going to do anything in FA.
Do you think that Steele can flip over to the left side. If that's a possibility they could draft a good RT in rounds 2 or 3.
Blake Fisher Notre Dame would be my pick if that turned out to be their plan.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Do you think that Steele can flip over to the left side. If that's a possibility they could draft a good RT in rounds 2 or 3.
Blake Fisher Notre Dame would be my pick if that turned out to be their plan.
No…but to contradict myself I also have zero issues letting one of those guys take Steeles job year 1 as he was awful last year.

I just really, really hope we sign at least 1 FA at LT or C.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score

It's not the athleticism that bothers me about switching sides for these guys. For me its their technique that is worrisome. Nuance and recovery ability takes longer to learn than pure athleticism.

I want a ready made guy at LT not someone who has to learn the position. That would have been fine if they had a year to learn behind Tyron; now they don't.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It's not the athleticism that bothers me about switching sides for these guys. For me its their technique that is worrisome. Nuance and recovery ability takes longer to learn than pure athleticism.

I want a ready made guy at LT not someone who has to learn the position. That would have been fine if they had a year to learn behind Tyron; now they don't.
Which is exactly why we should’ve kept Tyron lol.

The switch isn that difficult. Tyron was a RT only in college as well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richards MIGHT be a decent starter some day; but so far he looks like a good backup and that is all
DO you want to trust Dak's blindside to him for 17 games?
Do you have some kind of inside information that he can't be trusted?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is exactly how we get stuck in nearly every draft. We don't fill the holes on the roster, paint ourselves into a corner, draft for need
You don't think the Cowboys have a plan? They just undercut Tyron with complete disregard for the future?

Yeah they are dumb and do dumb things. But comon.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Do you take a tackle or Adonai Mitchell?
I need to know what the plan is at LT…are we moving Tyler over there or does the team feel good about Asim?

It would be. a tough decision bc I’m higher on AD than most big boards. Depends on which OT is available.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Draft Beebe in the second and Goncalves in the third, that gives them a solid O-line. It also allows them to go WR, D-line or CB in the first.
I think they look at LB and RB in FA because those positions are cheaper.

Starters- LT Tyler Smith, LG Bebee, C Biadasz, RG Martin, RT Steele
Backups-LT Goncalves, LG Richards, C Hoffman, RG Bass, RT Goncalves