Tyron is gone - LT is the pick at 24

J12B

Reaction score
Moving an all pro LG over to LT would be dumber than letting Tyron walk IMO…but they have to force the issue at this point.
Why?

Tyler has been excellent at LT when he's played there.

And we have Bass who played good at LG when the opportunity arose. Granted a very small sample size, but all things point that both players can excel at those positions.

stinkface

Reaction score
Maybe - doesn’t change the fact we’re rolling the dice and adding risk to a crappy situation with Tyron leaving.
Understand, but money is tight and how much do you want to pay a 33 year old tackle that breaks down a lot.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You don’t need all 1st round picks on the OL though…maybe they feel good about Bass. Who knows.
"We like our players."

They feel good about everybody, doesn't mean they're any good. Bass is an UDFA, having to replace a future HOF player, IF he's very good he'd have been drafted. With Lamb, etc. in the prime of their careers Cowboys don't have the luxury of waiting on some raw rookie to develop, they need somebody who's NFL ready (as much as anybody is) to step in, hence the need to draft a LT in the first....

cnuball21

Reaction score
Why?

Tyler has been excellent at LT when he's played there.

And we have Bass who played good at LG when the opportunity arose. Granted a very small sample size, but all things point that both players can excel at those positions.
I completely understand that Tyler is a fan favorite on here but yall gotta stop saying he was excellent as a rookie LT. He led the league in penalities and has multiple games where he gave up several pressures.

cnuball21

Reaction score
"We like our players."

They feel good about everybody, doesn't mean they're any good. Bass is an UDFA, having to replace a future HOF player, IF he's very good he'd have been drafted. With Lamb, etc. in the prime of their careers Cowboys don't have the luxury of waiting on some raw rookie to develop, they need somebody who's NFL ready (as much as anybody is) to step in, hence the need to draft a LT in the first....
Which is why we shouldn’t have let Tyron walk.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Which is why we shouldn’t have let Tyron walk.
I could be wrong but I think some people are going to be surprised by the deal that he gets. Personally I have no problem letting him walk. The problem is that we won’t funnel those resources elsewhere. Heck go get 1 difference maker. Grover Stewart, DJ Reader, Azeez Al-Shamir. Get somebody.

Rayman70

Reaction score
not so fast.we have Tyler and also Asim Richards.
exactly. They really like Richards too. He has shown promise and has Tyron-like size and tools I actually feel ok about the oline if we don't draft one in the first 2 rounds.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think some people are going to be surprised by the deal that he gets. Personally I have no problem letting him walk. The problem is that we won’t funnel those resources elsewhere. Heck go get 1 difference maker. Grover Stewart, DJ Reader, Azeez Al-Shamir. Get somebody.
Of course we won’t…which is even a bigger problem than letting him walk and / or not replacing him in FA.

McMicah

Reaction score
You have a good point. I like that offensive line, (Hoffman at center) and improve the defensive line where we don’t have serviceable players starting. Let’s be real except for Parsons and Tank we are below average in our front 7. It’s time for certain players to earn their money, you can’t have all pros at every position when you pay your quarterback.
I don’t understand this parroting that Hoffman is good. Have you guys actually sat down and watched his snaps? If you can find me any game where Hoffman isn’t a complete F grade, please tell me which game that is. He might be the worst IOL I’ve ever watched. Sure he has a lot of energy so I guess it looks like he’s doing things, but the guy literally goes backward on any run play with a 1 on 1 block, gets blown backward or is a revolving door on pass plays. Didn’t matter if it was preseason or the couple regular season games. Guy was just pure doo doo

Also, if you guys listen to the podcasts you can hear them quietly making fun of the FOs positive statement about Hoffman. They are basically joking that because the FO said something nice about a developmental guy, then beat writers started parroting it and it suddenly became this thing that Hoffman is good. He’s not

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t understand this parroting that Hoffman is good. Have you guys actually sat down and watched his snaps? If you can find me any game where Hoffman isn’t a complete F grade, please tell me which game that is. He might be the worst IOL I’ve ever watched. Sure he has a lot of energy so I guess it looks like he’s doing things, but the guy literally goes backward on any run play with a 1 on 1 block, gets blown backward or is a revolving door on pass plays. Didn’t matter if it was preseason or the couple regular season games. Guy was just pure doo doo

Also, if you guys listen to the podcasts you can hear them quietly making fun of the FOs positive statement about Hoffman. They are basically joking that because the FO said something nice about a developmental guy, then beat writers started parroting it and it suddenly became this thing that Hoffman is good. He’s not
You can’t have all pros at every position. You gotta go cheap somewhere. The 49ers had one great offensive lineman and were average at the other 4 positions. We have bookend/AllPro guards. Hoffman is serviceable.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You can’t have all pros at every position. You gotta go cheap somewhere. The 49ers had one great offensive lineman and were average at the other 4 positions. We have bookend/AllPro guards. Hoffman is serviceable.
Yea, it’s almost nauseating how every year we’re talking about drafting a 1st round OL.

At some point we have to trust the younger guys to develop and invest elsewhere.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yea, it’s almost nauseating how every year we’re talking about drafting a 1st round OL.

At some point we have to trust the younger guys to develop and invest elsewhere.
:hammer:I listened to the draft show the other day and they want the Cowboys to draft a left tackle so bad I got sick to my stomach. Cavanaugh and Foots seem to be the only YouTube talking heads that don’t want the Cowboys to pick a lineman. Take the best player on the board and the Cowboys will be ok.

cnuball21

Reaction score
:hammer:I listened to the draft show the other day and they want the Cowboys to draft a left tackle so bad I got sick to my stomach. Cavanaugh and Foots seem to be the only YouTube talking heads that don’t want the Cowboys to pick a lineman. Take the best player on the board and the Cowboys will be ok.
Due to the nature of this class I wouldn’t be mad at all as long as it’s a top OT that falls…now if those dudes gets wiped and they draft someone like Jordan Morgan (not 1st rounder on consensus board) reaching for need I’ll be pissed.