Tyron Smith has missed 3 games in the each of the last 2 seasons

Galian Beast

Reaction score
But people continue to think that he is going to somehow magically become healthier as he gets older.

I would move him now while you still can get legitimate value for him. Otherwise, he will just be yet another excuse as to why we missed the playoffs when he misses another 3+ games next year, which is exactly what you have to count on now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Let’s see what the Cowboys do.

If they ignore Tackle in the draft and FA then there is no hope for this front office if they try to sell us the dumpster dive move.

HungryLion

Reaction score
But people continue to think that he is going to somehow magically become healthier as he gets older.

I would move him now while you still can get legitimate value for him. Otherwise, he will just be yet another excuse as to why we missed the playoffs when he misses another 3+ games next year, which is exactly what you have to count on now.

generate.php

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I think he should have surgery. Back surgery has come a long way, I've had two. C5&6 L4&5 and although I'm not a professional athlete I was able to lift weights play softball, shoot hoops and Bowl. And both of my surgeries were in the 80s, technology has come a long way since then.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
So far, Galian wants to get rid of Dez and now Tyron.

Lol.

The Eagles cratered under Kelly getting rid of nearly every player of value and just two years later are in the Super Bowl... It's called rebuilding.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The Eagles cratered under Kelly getting rid of nearly every player of value and just two years later are in the Super Bowl... It's called rebuilding.
Dallas doesn't need to rebuild. They need more talent added. Being one of the youngest teams in the NFL, I think second youngest. Folks don't want to believe but this team just needs a few more pieces, they have had back to back winning seasons for the first time in over 20 years.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't need to rebuild. They need more talent added. Being one of the youngest teams in the NFL, I think second youngest. Folks don't want to believe but this team just needs a few more pieces, they have had back to back winning seasons for the first time in over 20 years.

You aren't looking at this from a cost perspective.

You have windows for success in the NFL (largely).

I would suggest that Zeke is our best player right now. You have him for 3 more years and then his cost becomes prohibitive, especially in this offense.

That suggests to me that we have a 3 year window for success.

Within that 3 year window you have smaller windows, such as Dez Bryant who has 2 years left on contract and it isn't even financially wise to keep him at the moment. He should be cut.

You look at Tyron and he is not going to get better. You have him for a long period of time, but the outlook isn't great. I would trade him while you can.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score

What is legitimate value? And if someone is willing to pay it would that signal that the news of Tyron's death has been greatly exaggerated. If he's not good enough to stay how much value can you have?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
$18.38 million in dead cap is going to make getting rid of Tyron a bad idea right now.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/08/capital-losses.asp

Is there a logical reason to keep Tyron Smith? I think people are under the assumption that Dak will become this top 5-10 QB and that having Smith even in a lesser form will prove advantageous.

The reality is that Dak isn't a top 10 QB and that Smith is only going to get worse and less consistently healthy.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
What is legitimate value? And if someone is willing to pay it would that signal that the news of Tyron's death has been greatly exaggerated. If he's not good enough to stay how much value can you have?

This is the Mickey Spagnola theory.

For some teams, having Tyron Smith would make a lot of sense based on their team needs. He'll be very cheap in the long run and he can provide you a top talent at LT now and at RT in the future.

sdfidaho

Reaction score

Dallas was the 17th youngest team in the NFL last year at 26.06 years of age.
That makes them closer to the oldest than to the youngest.
But that was the 53 man roster, and not based on starters

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mickey is right about Tyron at RT. Thats his future position. The OP is spot on. All the fairy dust in the world is not gonna suddenly allow Tyron to play a full season.Either trade him or slide him over to RT. Otherwise we are setting the team up for another failure.

robjay04

Reaction score

That’s fake news.

Eagles OL and their defense was already put in place before and after the Kelly era.

They let go of Jackson, McCoy and Maclin.

You could argue that they haven’t rebuilt their wide receivers or running backs to be a better unit.

robjay04

Reaction score
Dallas was the 17th youngest team in the NFL last year at 26.06 years of age.
That makes them closer to the oldest than to the youngest.
But that was the 53 man roster, and not based on starters

And when you’re only averaging 53 players, the number is heavily inflated when you have a couple old running backs, an ancient tight end and other players.