Tyron Smith has missed 3 games in the each of the last 2 seasons

AbeBeta

Reaction score
But people continue to think that he is going to somehow magically become healthier as he gets older.

I would move him now while you still can get legitimate value for him. Otherwise, he will just be yet another excuse as to why we missed the playoffs when he misses another 3+ games next year, which is exactly what you have to count on now.

A bit overstated - leaving games, playing a series... Still mostly true but you gotta be more honest with stats

Rayman70

Reaction score
So option #1 is to trade him for something and eat $18Mill, or have the highest paid player on the team playing RT?
Yikes
So we are saddled with a guy that breaks down AND at the most important position on the team other than QB? YIKES. Hope Dak wears a flack jacket. Listen tho...we could trade away much of that salary and not have to eat the contract.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
So option #1 is to trade him for something and eat $18Mill, or have the highest paid player on the team playing RT?
Yikes

The other option is to keep him until he isn't worth anything... and have displaced the opportunity cost of having say a better defense instead.

You need to have a point for every player when you say this is when we should move on. That fact is you don't have that point very similar to the FO, which is why we never get value for players while other clubs do.

It's why the Patriots are successful yet we are not.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Mickey is right about Tyron at RT. Thats his future position. The OP is spot on. All the fairy dust in the world is not gonna suddenly allow Tyron to play a full season.Either trade him or slide him over to RT. Otherwise we are setting the team up for another failure.

Oh? Do we go get another tackle that's one of the best in the league off the All Pro Tackle tree?

A lot of teams would love to know where that tree is, maybe you guys could enlighten them.

waving monkey

Reaction score
The Eagles cratered under Kelly getting rid of nearly every player of value and just two years later are in the Super Bowl... It's called rebuilding.
you build behind Tyron Smith you dont trade the best talent at any position in the NFL.
Tyron has injury history but also plays most of the season so get a solid back up behind Smith.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Oh? Do we go get another tackle that's one of the best in the league off the All Pro Tackle tree?

A lot of teams would love to know where that tree is, maybe you guys could enlighten them.

You don't need to have an All Pro Left Tackle to win games.

Rayman70

Reaction score
you build behind Tyron Smith you dont trade the best talent at any position in the NFL.
Tyron has injury history but also plays most of the season so get a solid back up behind Smith.
Will Hernandez. Can flex over from left guard to left tackle in a heartbeat. VERSATILE.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The NFL doesn't value RBs, so let's trade Zeke for something while we still can.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oh. We just need arguably the greatest coach and QB tandem of all time.

In that case, we could also probably get some great value for Martin and Fred as well.
You can find solid players in the draft...its a bad idea to ride on the coat tails of a guy thats injury prone.Then we get nothing for him later. We need to realize when a player should be moved.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Mickey is right about Tyron at RT. Thats his future position. The OP is spot on. All the fairy dust in the world is not gonna suddenly allow Tyron to play a full season.Either trade him or slide him over to RT. Otherwise we are setting the team up for another failure.
We aren't there yet. If Tyron comes back next year and again presents injuries and missed games OK this is knee jerk
but worth discussion

waving monkey

Reaction score
Will Hernandez. Can flex over from left guard to left tackle in a heartbeat. VERSATILE.
Now your talking answers I like that.However I don't think Henderson's feet are that good. Their good for [real good] for a guard.
First round ,I dont know maybe

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dallas was the 17th youngest team in the NFL last year at 26.06 years of age.
That makes them closer to the oldest than to the youngest.
But that was the 53 man roster, and not based on starters
Where did you get that info? Not saying you are wrong but was pretty sure NFL Network said second youngest

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You aren't looking at this from a cost perspective.

You have windows for success in the NFL (largely).

I would suggest that Zeke is our best player right now. You have him for 3 more years and then his cost becomes prohibitive, especially in this offense.

That suggests to me that we have a 3 year window for success.

Within that 3 year window you have smaller windows, such as Dez Bryant who has 2 years left on contract and it isn't even financially wise to keep him at the moment. He should be cut.

You look at Tyron and he is not going to get better. You have him for a long period of time, but the outlook isn't great. I would trade him while you can.
The team is not just 3 players. This team is rebuilt, sure it needs some more players but everything is in place. Young OL..... Tyron isn't old just needs to work out his injuries but with Frederick, Martin and Collins they are in place to add too. 2 very young QBs, young RB plus a young backup with Rod. DL is young, LB has an aging Lee but some young pieces as well. Secondary just got a make over.

In my opinion the receiving corps needs more options but we do have Switzer and Brown. TE with Witten is the oldest.

So keep adding LB, OL, WR and LB. The window is wide open, it's not closing. The main problem is coaching overall

waving monkey

Reaction score
He seems like a good fit.
I really like him no question> back to TSmith. Here's where Im at with Smith. The team has staff doctors
that are highly regarded. The staff follows their advice. SJones has stated that the team feels good about Smith availability
next season. They haven't turned their back to their health and physical therapy staff. They have repeatedly shown they
listen to they expert advice. I go with that. I do see more missed games in TSmith future.
Get good back ups and move forward