Twitter: Tyron Smith leaves practice with an injury

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You moved in, yet you are here, making comments about me talking about Romo... And to top it all off, your claim he is top 10-12 is your opinion, not substantiated by the fact he has absolutely sucked when a skilled player like Smith, Zeke or Cooper is out. So spare me your as hominem’s in the name of some legitimate football argument..........

We've heard this LAME argument over and over and over, and it's getting old, not to mention worthless. Maybe you forgot about the fact that in the 90s Troy Aikman was under 500 when any single one of the triplets were out of the game? Even the powerhouse Cowboys of the 90s and Troy Aikman were adversely affected when one of their skilled players were out of the game.
Check the link below:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/7/3/12088522/the-90s-cowboys-struggled-to-win-aikman-irvin-emmitt-romo-dez-elliott

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dak-homers will bash Romo for going to Cabo and getting drunk, while praising Mr. DUI Dak’s “practice efforts, because he built a football field in his house” even though it took him a week to throw a TD in training camp and that a pass Dak in year 4 makes in practice is some cause for celebration and when these homers are told to pipe down with their nonsense, after providing these facts, then these homers pretend like their innocent, with the self-righteous moral high-card “high and mighty” route because they can’t handle their garbage bring called out. And then they say hypocritical things like “get over it”.

I’m not the one playing the moral high card about football here. Everybody that has been following me knows that I’ve called out problems with the offense basically the whole time Romo was here and when Garrett was calling the plays. And now Dak homers got their panties in a bunch, because they want to leverage the issues that were actually valid in Romo’s time for this scrub and they are getting called out for it. That’s the actual hypocrisy...

Yeah well I'm not a "Dak Homer", I just get tired of all the hateful overkill thrown at a Cowboy QB who isn't as bad as his critics make him out to be.
Neither was I a Romo critic, I was a Romo fan from his very first game.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak-homers will bash Romo for going to Cabo and getting drunk, while praising Mr. DUI Dak’s “practice efforts, because he built a football field in his house” even though it took him a week to throw a TD in training camp and that a pass Dak in year 4 makes in practice is some cause for celebration and when these homers are told to pipe down with their nonsense, after providing these facts, then these homers pretend like their innocent, with the self-righteous moral high-card “high and mighty” route because they can’t handle their garbage bring called out. And then they say hypocritical things like “get over it”.

I’m not the one playing the moral high card about football here. Everybody that has been following me knows that I’ve called out problems with the offense basically the whole time Romo was here and when Garrett was calling the plays. And now Dak homers got their panties in a bunch, because they want to leverage the issues that were actually valid in Romo’s time for this scrub and they are getting called out for it. That’s the actual hypocrisy...
Mr DUI :laugh:

But what about the intangibles?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here's what funny about the people that rip on Romo for Cabo but never a word about the fact that Witten and his wfie were there with Romo in Cabo. Now I know you didn't say that but I'm just point that out. What else is funny is you bringing up Prescott and a DUI that he was NEVER CONVICTED on. In your rip you failed to mention that he was found NOT GUILTY of that. Just another hater who has to exaggerate things or not tell the truth or the whole story to TRY to prove their hatred.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is a thread about Tyron Smith, right? Go start another thread if you can't control your urge to bash Dak at all times.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is a thread about Tyron Smith, right? Go start another thread if you can't control your urge to bash Dak at all times.

Where in my post did I violate forum rules? Are you a moderator?

khiladi

Reaction score
Here's what funny about the people that rip on Romo for Cabo but never a word about the fact that Witten and his wfie were there with Romo in Cabo. Now I know you didn't say that but I'm just point that out. What else is funny is you bringing up Prescott and a DUI that he was NEVER CONVICTED on. In your rip you failed to mention that he was found NOT GUILTY of that. Just another hater who has to exaggerate things or not tell the truth or the whole story to TRY to prove their hatred.

OJ wasn’t convicted... Getting off on technicalities doesn’t mean that the defendant didn’t do what he was as accused of. Dak Prescott himself apologized PUBLICLY for the DUI. I’ve already mentioned and whether or not you read it is irrelevant.

khiladi

Reaction score
We've heard this LAME argument over and over and over, and it's getting old, not to mention worthless. Maybe you forgot about the fact that in the 90s Troy Aikman was under 500 when any single one of the triplets were out of the game? Even the powerhouse Cowboys of the 90s and Troy Aikman were adversely affected when one of their skilled players were out of the game.
Check the link below:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/7/3/12088522/the-90s-cowboys-struggled-to-win-aikman-irvin-emmitt-romo-dez-elliott

TWO COMPLETELY different eras. Marino threw under 60%, Elway threw multiple times under 60.

Struggling is not the same thing and completely sucking in an era which a QB is given every opportunity to thrive. Dak Prescott BLEW for significant stretches when any of the skilled players were out. He was setting Quincy Carter levels of futility.

If you want to compare stats, then you’d need to argue a trend, not an 0-2 start. Nobody argues. Team may struggle at times if they lose a skilled player. And that’s not even a legitimate argument, because even when the skilled player of the 90s was out, Dallas was being completely decimated because of the new era of free agency. That era includes close up a decade, while with Dak he completely blows ALL THE TIME, he completely blows..

That’s a completely different point and the article you quoted doesn’t address it nor is ‘struggling’ the same thing as completely sucking.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where in my post did I violate forum rules? Are you a moderator?
I didn't say you violated rules, but that doesn't mean it's appropriate to hijack a thread because you want to gripe about something completely separate from the topic of the thread. The appropriate thing to do would be to start your own thread on the topic you feel is worthy of your gripe.

khiladi

Reaction score
I didn't say you violated rules, but that doesn't mean it's appropriate to hijack a thread because you want to gripe about something completely separate from the topic of the thread. The appropriate thing to do would be to start your own thread on the topic you feel is worthy of your gripe.

I never hijacked a thread and nobody is forcing you o respond. And I mentioned Tyron in my first post in this thread, so spare me your schtick. don’t see you playing police for every other thread that went off topic or poster on this topic when they change course.

Like I said, until I violate forum rules and you are a moderator, you also worry about yourself.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never hijacked a thread and nobody is forcing you o respond. And I mentioned Tyron in my first post in this thread, so spare me your schtick. don’t see you playing police for every other thread that went off topic or poster on this topic when they change course.

Like I said, until I violate forum rules and you are a moderator, you also worry about yourself.
Hey, if you can gripe about what you want, I can too. If I should worry about me and not you - you should worry about you and not Dak. If you can make this thread about your gripe, I can make it about mine. Mine is about people that are narrow minded and incapable of a well rounded discussion on a variety of topics targeted by a variety of threads. Oh, and I mentioned Tyron Smith too. lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hey, if you can *****, I can too. If I should worry about me and not you - you should worry about you and bot Dak. If you can make this thread about your *****, I can make it about mine. Mine is about people that are narrow minded and incapable of a well rounded discussion on a variety of topics targeted by a thread. Oh, and I mentioned Tyron Smith too. lol.

I’m not policing you homie. I’m talking football and players relevant to game. You on the other hand are trying to dictate to me, what you have no business dictating. You understand the difference?

It’s none of your business dictating what i post, because neither are you a moderator, nor am I violating forum rules. People made it personal in this thread, when I’m sticking to football and then cry when I respond. Like I said, spare me your personal grudges in the form of “this thread”. You aren’t policing anybody else, so you also spare me the moral high-care route as well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not policing you homie. I’m talking football and players relevant to game. You on the other hand are trying to dictate to me, what you have no business dictating. You understand the difference?

It’s none of your business dictating what i post, because neither are you a moderator, nor am I violating forum rules. People made it personal in this thread, when I’m sticking to football and then cry when I respond. Like I said, spare me your personal grudges in the form of “this thread”. You aren’t policing anybody else, so you also spare me the moral high-care route as well.
I don't care that you aren't policing me. lol

You gripe about other people, I'm griping about you. You are narrow minded and turning a thread about Tyron Smith into a Dak bash thread. You can think I'm out of place all you want, but face it, you are out of place - constantly. You are just one loose nut falling off away from all your screws being loose on the topic of Dak, just like Pappy.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
TWO COMPLETELY different eras. Marino threw under 60%, Elway threw multiple times under 60.

Struggling is not the same thing and completely sucking in an era which a QB is given every opportunity to thrive. Dak Prescott BLEW for significant stretches when any of the skilled players were out. He was setting Quincy Carter levels of futility.

If you want to compare stats, then you’d need to argue a trend, not an 0-2 start. Nobody argues. Team may struggle at times if they lose a skilled player. And that’s not even a legitimate argument, because even when the skilled player of the 90s was out, Dallas was being completely decimated because of the new era of free agency. That era includes close up a decade, while with Dak he completely blows ALL THE TIME, he completely blows..

That’s a completely different point and the article you quoted doesn’t address it nor is ‘struggling’ the same thing as completely sucking.

I'm not going to argue with you khiladi, you're wearing hate Dak blinders that block out anything that doesn't fit your hate Dak narrative, and that eliminates all possibility of reasonable discussion.
You twist everything to fit that narrative; IE it was a different era, a different point, struggling is not sucking, under .500 is not under .500, etc etc.
The article in question did indeed address the subject perfectly. But it was about the Triplets, not Marino, Elway or Quincy Carter.
Khiladi you're entitled to like or dislike any players you wish like all of us, but your extreme hostility towards Dak is overkill, plain and simple. You're wearing it out.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue with you khiladi, you're wearing hate Dak blinders that block out anything that doesn't fit your hate Dak narrative, and that eliminates all possibility of reasonable discussion.
You twist everything to fit that narrative; IE it was a different era, a different point, struggling is not sucking, under .500 is not under .500, etc etc.
The article in question did indeed address the subject perfectly. But it was about the Triplets, not Marino, Elway or Quincy Carter.
Khiladi you're entitled to like or dislike any players you wish like all of us, but your extreme hostility towards Dak is overkill, plain and simple. You're wearing it out.

again, completely different era and TEAMS struggling us not the same thing as QBs struggling.

DaK threw for like 100 yards against the garbage Commanders when Zeke was out in an era catered to the pass...

if you think Dak is better than Marino, Elway or Aikman because he throws over 60%, it reveals who actually is biased..

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't care that you aren't policing me. lol

You gripe about other people, I'm griping about you. You are narrow minded and turning a thread about Tyron Smith into a Dak bash thread. You can think I'm out of place all you want, but face it, you are out of place - constantly. You are just one loose nut falling off away from all your screws being loose on the topic of Dak, just like Pappy.

All the arguing in the world isn’t going to change the reality that I am talking football and you are trying to make it personal, meaning you are the one that is out of place. The rules of the forum are against that, not what I’m doing. So like I said, spare me your self-righteous nonsense...