Twitter: Tyron Smith leaves practice with an injury

Bizwah

Reaction score
I hurt my back a while ago. After I felt better, I went to workout. The first thing to get hurt was my hamstring. I'm not sure if there's some sort of connection there.

Hammys aren't usually serious. But they can linger a while. Remember Emmitt during the 1994 season?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, thanks -- I just looked it up on Google and it said he's OK. Good news for sure, all around!
Last thing we need on this team would be to lose both tackles . . . whew! Now, I'm happy again!!:thumbup:
Nerve racking and we aren't even playing games yet! :facepalm:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Agreed. Tyron has played 135 NFL games at a very very physical position. That's a ton of wear n tear on his body.

If we can squeeze another 25 to 30 games out of him I would consider that a huge success. That doesn't leave much time though to train his replacement (I don't see how they don't spend a high pick this next draft on tackle and then hope that they can get a full year to sit and learn).
We will need to start getting O-Line and DT. All our vets we got in FA are all on 1 year deals I think. We had McCoy for 3 and I think he may be done. I heard Poe had the same surgery and came back. Was hoping we could keep McCoy but needed the cap money.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Nothing that unusual for Tyron, who didn’t expect this? I’m just hoping it’s his usual “minor” problems, not missing half the season type injury. My inner voice tells me he’ll be fine.

Yes.

He wears a brace also.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that all you guys are concerned with is whether Dak has something for an excuse? Not worried about someone hurt, just worried about an excuse for Dak. :rolleyes:

I'm perfectly willing to let Dak's performance speak for itself whether it's good or otherwise. Obviously some are literally hoping for the worst, even though he's a Cowboy. *SMH*
Some posters pretend all people that like Dak do is make excuses for Dak, and that's nonsense, and really a very lazy argument that is designed more for tone than logic or facts. OF course, part of this is the lazy argument that any problem with the offense is entirely on Dak (you can bet they don't think anything good with the offense is entirely on Dak). Nevertheless, I think most understand that despite the big numbers last year, there needs to be more consistency from Dak AND the offense than there was last year. The difference is in what the individual fan believes that means. For some it means Dak AND the offense needs to work through some things, and for some it means Dak is condemned as a QB who can never have success.

blueblood70

Reaction score
AGAIN Smith hasn't played an entire season since 2015. Missing 3 games here and there has been his recent history for the last FOUR years. Oh and yes Smith missed the 2019 week 5 against the packers with a back injury that also cropped up again in week 17. He originally injured his back in 2018.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1631899/tyron-smith

dudes played 131 games and missed 13 over 9 years.,, get passed it , lets see LVE played what one season and missed how many games already..Jsmith was drafted and sat 16 games , Lee missed many games, weve had many players out for longer periods and played less ball at far less f level..

look around the league same thing..ill say this agin..id rather have Tsmith 13 games at his level then most we will try and find to replace him for 16..

you are exaggerating his circumstances when you take look around the league and see far worse scenarios..i see most teams having far worse issue fielding the same OL week to week..

let the coaches and gms worry about when they find a replacement, great PB hof LT dont grow on trees..

he tweaked a hammy . and? would you like me to go post the injury report from the nfl so far this short offseason..it happens its sports and its football..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some posters pretend all people that like Dak do is make excuses for Dak, and that's nonsense, and really a very lazy argument that is designed more for tone than logic or facts. OF course, part of this is the lazy argument that any problem with the offense is entirely on Dak (you can bet they don't think anything good with the offense is entirely on Dak). Nevertheless, I think most understand that despite the big numbers last year, there needs to be more consistency from Dak AND the offense than there was last year. The difference is in what the individual fan believes that means. For some it means Dak AND the offense needs to work through some things, and for some it means Dak is condemned as a QB who can never have success.
how did e land on Dak in report about two other players out with injuries??jeez

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bronze.

That is what he will someday be made out of when they finish his bust for the hall of fame.
right what tools acting as if he just goes down with step 131 games played at a HOF level and only missed 13 in 9 years..ahh the super ignorant post that fly around here..

ItzKelz

Reaction score
tenor.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why can't NFL players drive a stupid car?
6 million car accidents
Annual United States Car Crash Statistics
On average, there are 6 million car accidents in the U.S.
every year. That's roughly 16,438 per day. Of these crashes, 22,471 caused only property damage.Oct 17, 2019

so its only NFL players maybe they are getting ran into not the other way around. Way to exaggerate..:rolleyes:
o_O

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This is what happens when all these years these players have gone through Cup Cake training camps. Injuries everywhere ;)

cowboyec

Reaction score
damn you covid.
shortened off-season.
no mini-camp.
no pre-season games.
injuries every where.
thanx a whole helluva lot.
:angry:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
dudes played 131 games and missed 13 over 9 years.,, get passed it , lets see LVE played what one season and missed how many games already..Jsmith was drafted and sat 16 games , Lee missed many games, weve had many players out for longer periods and played less ball at far less f level..

look around the league same thing..ill say this agin..id rather have Tsmith 13 games at his level then most we will try and find to replace him for 16..

you are exaggerating his circumstances when you take look around the league and see far worse scenarios..i see most teams having far worse issue fielding the same OL week to week..

let the coaches and gms worry about when they find a replacement, great PB hof LT dont grow on trees..

he tweaked a hammy . and? would you like me to go post the injury report from the nfl so far this short offseason..it happens its sports and its football..

I would take the 2014 Smith over any LT but even though you don't see it he isn't that tackle anymore. Also I didn't know what his injury is now and never said what it was. I only pointed out that he's had back problems the past couple of years and he's getting older and as such he also runs a greater chance of injury.

plasticman

Reaction score
You'd think by now that Cowboy fans have built up a strong enough resistance to the panic attacks associated with preseason injuries and other mishaps.

it's never a question of if. It's gonna heppen. The question is always who.

The real concern is that occasional season where the injuries build up at one specific position, one in which the depth is suspect.

In the Cowboys case, there is recognized depth on the offensive line.

in any case, veterans are going to be treated like fine crystal until the season starts. A stubbed toe will put you out for two weeks.