Twitter: Tyron Smith leaves practice with an injury

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron is glass
Not even close. A glass left tackle would be someone like Terron Amstead of the saints. Saint fans cross their fingers that he can get 10 games played a season which is pretty bad for a guy that's only started about 70 games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would take the 2014 Smith over any LT but even though you don't see it he isn't that tackle anymore. Also I didn't know what his injury is now and never said what it was. I only pointed out that he's had back problems the past couple of years and he's getting older and as such he also runs a greater chance of injury.
my point is you are far to focused on this and its happening all over the league the fact that hes played 131 games and only missed 13 says its not a big issue right now, playing 13 instead of missing 10-16 like many others says lets pray he lasts few more years as a replacement wont be easy or cheap to find again note league wide issues trying to field healthy quality OLs/..

we have to focus on C and G right now which looks to be chance of using recent draft pick to do that, so LT at the moment just isnt a priority, hardest Ol position to replace ..

I believe if Ts was suddenly to retire dude to injuries LC goes from R to LT and a player like Cwill or draft pick can easier replace RT..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
my point is you are far to focused on this and its happening all over the league the fact that hes played 131 games and only missed 13 says its not a big issue right now, playing 13 instead of missing 10-16 like many others says lets pray he lasts few more years as a replacement wont be easy or cheap to find again note league wide issues trying to field healthy quality OLs/..

we have to focus on C and G right now which looks to be chance of using recent draft pick to do that, so LT at the moment just isnt a priority, hardest Ol position to replace ..

I believe if Ts was suddenly to retire dude to injuries LC goes from R to LT and a player like Cwill or draft pick can easier replace RT..

Do you think most players go from playing 16 games every year to all of a sudden retiring or is it a string of years where they continually are getting injured. I'm not saying Smith is retiring but I'll bet you that Jerry is making a mental note of now 4 years in a row he hasn't played an entire season and that LT is going to be needed to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dak sucks..

Dak has pretty much been garbage every time Smith or another skilled player is out. His performance has already spoken for itself, including last year when Smith was out.

The difference is I hope he has a good year. He's not elite, but he's not garbage either. He's a Cowboy so I'm hoping for the best.
If he has a good year, it'll be a good year for the Cowboys, but a bad year for you because you're hoping for the worst so you can say "See! I told ya so!"
Oh well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
From what I heard it was a tight hamstring that took Tyron out of practice. If that is the case then not too concerned with it.

khiladi

Reaction score
The difference is I hope he has a good year. He's not elite, but he's not garbage either. He's a Cowboy so I'm hoping for the best.
If he has a good year, it'll be a good year for the Cowboys, but a bad year for you because you're hoping for the worst so you can say "See! I told ya so!"
Oh well.

“Told you so” already happened... 4 years wasted to cater to this guy...

Reaction score
Dak still sucks.. get over it...
Dak isn't great, but he doesn't suck either. He's a top 10-12 QB.

Your inability to accurately assess Dak's play does not speak well for you. That's ok. You are far from alone. They are a lot of guys around here who still have their panties in a wad over the fact that Romo never got his job back.

Most of us have moved on, however

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak isn't great, but he doesn't suck either. He's a top 10-12 QB.

Your inability to accurately assess Dak's play does not speak well for you. That's ok. You are far from alone. They are a lot of guys around here who still have their panties in a wad over the fact that Romo never got his job back.

Most of us have moved on, however

You moved in, yet you are here, making comments about me talking about Romo... And to top it all off, your claim he is top 10-12 is your opinion, not substantiated by the fact he has absolutely sucked when a skilled player like Smith, Zeke or Cooper is out. So spare me your as hominem’s in the name of some legitimate football argument.

Whatever my motivations are is irrelevant.. Evetybidt has their motives. It doesn’t change the fact Dakis garbage, gets in DUIs, has his pit bull bite neighbors, parties with Zeke and getting hammered, throws his teammates under the bus for nothing practicing hard” while this fraud wasn’t being able to throw a TD in training camp for a week and has gotten all sorts of excuses for his inept play, and then demands all sorts of money while being carried by the talent and being surrounded by premiere talent..

Last edited:

stiletto

Reaction score
I would have to say my biggest draft priority next year is actually finding a real replacement for Tyron. His body is failing him at a pretty young age.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You moved in, yet you are here, making comments about me talking about Romo... And to top it all off, your claim he is top 10-12 is your opinion, not substantiated by the fact he has absolutely sucked when a skilled player like Smith, Zeke or Cooper is out. So spare me your as hominem’s in the name of some legitimate football argument.

Whatever my motivations are is irrelevant.. Evetybidt has their motives. It doesn’t change the fact Dakis garbage, gets in DUIs, has his pit bull bite neighbors, parties with Zeke and getting hammered, throws his teammates under the bus for nothing practicing hard” while this fraud wasn’t being able to throw a TD in training camp for a week and has gotten all sorts of excuses for his inept play, and then demands all sorts of money while being carried by the talent and being surrounded by premiere talent..
It's really OK that you're still upset, I get it. Prescott putting Romo into retirement stings a little. I encourage you to take a breath do that your posts are easier to read.

Reaction score

Whatever my motivations are is irrelevant.. Evetybidt has their motives. It doesn’t change the fact Dakis garbage, gets in DUIs, has his pit bull bite neighbors, parties with Zeke and getting hammered, throws his teammates under the bus for nothing practicing hard” while this fraud wasn’t being able to throw a TD in training camp for a week and has gotten all sorts of excuses for his inept play, and then demands all sorts of money while being carried JG the talent and being surrounded by premiere talent..
So you have a personal ax to grind against him. That's fair. You think he's a terrible human being. Ok.

But you let these issues cloud your judfeme t when it comes from his on field play. There are dozens of objective, analytical stats that support where I rank him. There are stats that have him even higher. You just choose to ignore them. Because you don't like him as a person. Ok. No problem.

Just admit it and move on. By the way, I think he's asking for too much money.

khiladi

Reaction score
So you have a personal ax to grind against him. That's fair. You think he's a terrible human being. Ok.

But you let these issues cloud your judfeme t when it comes from his on field play. There are dozens of objective, analytical stats that support where I rank him. There are stats that have him even higher. You just choose to ignore them. Because you don't like him as a person. Ok. No problem.

Just admit it and move on. By the way, I think he's asking for too much money.

I don’t see you posting to Dak-homers about letting Cabo go. Your post is nothing but ad hominem draped in ‘analytical stats’ that actually don’t support what you say. You want to pretend you have noble intentions, as if you aren’t prejudiced. I’ve always made clear my opinions on that matter, so to claim you and those that like to argue are providing some keen psychological insight is a joke. Unlike others, including the Dak homers, I don’t pretend what my feelings are. It still doesn’t change the facts of what I’ve stated.

Dak has absolutely sucked when Smith hasn’t played. The stats say it. He’s been the excuse for Dak when he hasn’t played. Even his homers use that excuse.

Just admit it and move on.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak-homers will bash Romo for going to Cabo and getting drunk, while praising Mr. DUI Dak’s “practice efforts, because he built a football field in his house” even though it took him a week to throw a TD in training camp and that a pass Dak in year 4 makes in practice is some cause for celebration and when these homers are told to pipe down with their nonsense, after providing these facts, then these homers pretend like their innocent, with the self-righteous moral high-card “high and mighty” route because they can’t handle their garbage bring called out. And then they say hypocritical things like “get over it”.

I’m not the one playing the moral high card about football here. Everybody that has been following me knows that I’ve called out problems with the offense basically the whole time Romo was here and when Garrett was calling the plays. And now Dak homers got their panties in a bunch, because they want to leverage the issues that were actually valid in Romo’s time for this scrub and they are getting called out for it. That’s the actual hypocrisy...

Last edited: