Twitter: Tyron Smith likely out for Sunday

Carson

Reaction score
Tyron “8 games a year” Smith. It’s time to find his replacement.
I would push Collins there. He is under contract, Steele is playing well and is left handed. Should be a move he can make

Tussinman

Reaction score
When are we drafting his replacement? It's crazy to think he is only 30.
Yeah he's only 30 but has started 145 games in the NFL.

That's alot of wear and tear. Less than 3% of all tackles in the entire NFL will ever play that many games. That's why I don't buy the narrative of "made of glass" or "always injured' (if he was made of glass he wouldn't have almost 150 professional starts in the NFL).

plasticman

Reaction score
I see Collins as Tyron's replacement for now. Steele has improved but Collins is still the best tackle without Tyron.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Now knowing there maybe trouble from the blind side do they put in Dak knowing he may have to scramble quite a bit.
That's a good point. I don't see the need to play Dak even if he could. I want Cooper Rush to get more experience and build more confidence. Putting a less mobile Dak Prescott on the field with a less protected blindside just sounds like a recipe for disaster, to me. How am I wrong there?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Yeah he's only 30 but has started 145 games in the NFL.

That's alot of wear and tear. Less than 3% of all tackles in the entire NFL will ever play that many games. That's why I don't buy the narrative of "made of glass" or "always injured' (if he was made of glass he wouldn't have almost 150 professional starts in the NFL).

He’s a tough guy, but hasn’t finished a full season in over 5 years.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Simple. Place LC at LT and roll on business as usual... don't complicate the matter. LC stated just last week "I'm a natural on the left side".

Dallas could draft a OT next year, but he'd be on the bench behind Tyron, LC and Steele...then who knows how Ball turns out. OT position is in good shape for now, but stacking talent at the position is good roster building.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Seems like the obvious answer. La'el has never worked at LT as a pro and coaches don't like to move a guy to a new spot without any previous reps. Nsekhe is obviously the least attractive solution.

Yes. I wouldn't expect Collins to start there Sunday. I would expect him to receive some snaps there in practice to warm up to it and then if the issue proves to be a multi-week setback, I'd expect Collins to take it over in a week or two.

The truth is that Nsekhe has not been bad when called upon, so there's no great urgency to have Collins replace him. Having Collins ready to replace him is important, though, in case Nsekhe's play goes south.

Reactions: BAT

John813

Reaction score
I don't think of Knight as any more than depth, but still found it odd we waived him when Smith is unlucky when it comes to injuries.
Granted still have Ty and Collins but felt like we should of waived someone like Anae over a guy who can play LT or RT in a pinch.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
and I'll take the HOF LT with a team friendly contract for 13 games over the mediocre replacement.

He only played in 2 games last year and is missing more time this year. It will be a miracle if he plays in 13 this year. So you are paying for a premier LT and getting a broken down one that Is playing less often.

terra

Reaction score
Collins played a fair number of games at LT in college so its BS about never playing there. Now with Von Miller gone the Bronco's do not have much of a pass rush left so that might figure in.
Steele is doing OK at RT so to me the clear decision to be would have Collins at LT.

Reactions: BAT

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Go get the surgery and get back after Thanksgiving…. Don’t do this week to week try and play thru it crap

We need Tyron for the playoffs. Take the time off now and solve the problem the right way

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"We'd rather they find out when they find out"...YES! Remember when we had a coach that would do all but give our playbook to the opponents before the game?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Collins said he’s more comfortable on the left side of the line. If they’re not going to let him replace Connor Williams, maybe they’ll give him a look at LT.

Sounds strange for me to say it, but I trust whatever the coaches do