Twitter: Tyron Smith might be done for the season

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Unless there's some surgery that could alleviate the neck issues he's experienced over the years, I'd advise him to retire. The guy has been a great player but it may be time to hang them up and enjoy a healthy retirement.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
We have seen him deteriorate over the last few years always being injured. Not necessarily out of games but always dinged up and questionable. What a brilliant move for this front office to restructure his contract that will see dead money on it over the years on a player deteriorating.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Well can’t say Dak has all his weapons. Tyron should retire. He looks good, has a 100 million in the bank and has a young family. The new Great Wall of Dallas lasted from 2014 to 2019.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
As desperate as this team is for an impact D Lineman, does anybody think a young stud LT isn't top priority in the draft?

I'd be down. Damn if we don't have a lot of "top priority" issues to fix in our Roster. Not looking good for the future.

pitt33

Reaction score
I still put myself to sleep at night with that one play years ago with Romo against the Giants, I believe. Where he dropped back in the red zone and the OL with Martin, Frederick and Smith just stonewalled the pass rush and Romo was just standing there for like 10 seconds sipping iced tea. It was glorious.
I remember that.

Bill Callahan was the offensive line coach. One of the best.

Zordon

Reaction score
Two years ago...
  • Frederick was still in the fold.
  • Collins was a stud guard/tackle.
  • Tyron was still considered a top-3 tackle (although starting to break down).
  • Jaylon was considered one of the best young LB's in the NFL and he was "cheap".
  • LVE was healthy.
Look at how much has changed since then. This is why you have to strike while the iron is hot in this league. The roster was littered with healthy cheap players for many years yet they accomplished nothing.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Don't fight it, just let this thing play out the way its headed. Have a great shot @ #1 pick in the draft. Maybe trade some guys before the trade deadline. Maybe fire some coaches and players by the end of the year. Figure out who you want to retain & who wants to be here. Take you shots at being a good team down the road.

That's the tough part about being a fan of football. The chances of this squad winning the big game are Slim to none, amd Slims left town.

I know it's not a popular opinion from a competitive standpoint, but the worst thing for Dallas would be limping into the playoffs at 7-9 and losing 1st round.

Granted, this is all a "worst case scenario", sky is falling, based off of the first few games overreaction. Still, the premium picks would help out far more in the long run.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
Two years ago...

Frederick was still in the fold.
Collins was a stud guard/tackle.
Tyron was a stud (although starting to break down).
Jaylon was considered a stud.
LVE was healthy.

Look at how much has changed since then.

It's depressing. I feel like things are going the Campo years route.

KDM256

Reaction score
From the self inflicted penalties (false starts) and missing multiple games week in and week out. Cutting ties and finding a permanent replacement needs to become a priority sooner rather than later.

But I am sure, we'll draft a WR or tweener from Boise State

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What it all means:

Pretty much guarantees that MM will be the coach next year (listen, I don't he should be fired after one season, but the loss of both starting tackles means he has a built-in excuses for failure)

Pretty much guarantees a top 10 draft pick... Alex Leatherwood, OT, come on down!

Pretty much guarantees the re-signing of Dak... Just my opinion, but much like retaining MM, Dak will be re-signed regardless the season outcome.