Twitter: Tyron Smith might be done for the season

Jipper

Reaction score
and i got attacked two weeks ago when i said he was done and it was time to move on....again, loved what the guy did for us as a player but his career is just about done...neck injuries are a bad bad thing.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
with his age and wear lookslike it maybe time to consider moving on from him it sucks but so does this team looks to me like they need to start working on a new core of players

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The position of LT should have moved way up the draft need chart even before this season. Once a dominant player, Ty Smith has sadly devolved into an injury problem with a long list of nagging injuries.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a retirement announcement.

Tussinman

Reaction score
and i got attacked two weeks ago when i said he was done and it was time to move on....again, loved what the guy did for us as a player but his career is just about done...neck injuries are a bad bad thing.
The problem was the cowboys' butchered his team-friendly deal so they're stuck with him

They've restructured his contract two different times when he was post 100 total games played. Front office got cocky and a team friendly deal is going to backfire because now they owe him money

starfan1

Reaction score
Im almost to the point of rooting for covid to take away this season so we can get a do over lol. SARCASM for those who don't get me.

Jipper

Reaction score
The problem was the cowboys' butchered his team-friendly deal so they're stuck with him

They've restructured his contract two different times when he was post 100 total games played. Front office got cocky and a team friendly deal is going to backfire because now they owe him money

yes thats the cowboys problem.

but some fans have a problem too - many here dont understand when its time to move on from a name that is not the player he once was....this group also has the same issue with overinflating FA names that once were...

Tussinman

Reaction score
This has to be a record for worst division of left tackles of all time

Trent Williams sat out all of last year and then demanded a trade this offseason. Nate solder basically stole 15.5 million last year and showed little to no effort, he chose to sit out this year. Eagles first round left tackle gets injured in training camp. His immediate backup refuses to move positions unless he gets more money, Eagles cave and then a few games into the season he ends up on IR (so they basically have a first round bust tackle and their backups career is over). Now Tyrons Hall of Fame career looks to be over

I've never seen a position this bad within a division

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Time to shut him down. He needs to work on being right for next year or he's done in the league.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not like we shouldn't have seen this coming.

He gave us about 5 years of playing every game and usually playing 100% of the snaps. Great. But then he gave us 4 straight seasons of missing between 20-30% of our season each year. And he's coming up on 30 years old, so obviously it was only going to get worse as he ages and the injuries accumulate more and more. It was just a matter of "well, is he gonna start missing 50% of each season 75%? What?"

Him only turning 30 this season doesn't *sound* old, but when you look at him missing time every season like clockwork for 4 straight years heading into this year? And when you consider he was only 20 years old when he debuted for us, it means he's been around a long time and there's less tread on his tires than on most guys his age. Most guys turning 30 weren't starting in the NFL before they could legally drink alcohol. He's got more wear and tear than most.

tenor.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They did the same with both Frederick and Zack Martin. The offensive linemen were supposed to be 'safe investments'. Frederick retired and left them with $11 million in dead money. Smith is missing games, breaking down and a potential retirement candidate. And if Smith were to retire, I think we're looking at about $9 million in dead money next year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tyron-smith-7724/

And I have to say that as good as Martin still is, even he isn't the dominant force he was in the past.

The Jones Investment Group haven't been doing too well lately.