Twitter: Tyron Smith out against Giants

blueblood70

Reaction score
yea he won't be cut in season for sure, after the season its a real need to replace him, hard task but the guy cannot stay on the field. and playoffs... might as well rest him until the Super Bowl so maybe he can play
stop exaggeration he will miss 2 games let the bone spur calm down and then they can get him ready for the playoffs. That huge just be there for the playoff games..

J-man

Reaction score
Although I believe he's still good when healthy, it is time to draft his replacement. The years have taken their toll on him.
Man, I was hoping he'd be good to go, I think we need him playing to get the O-line's continuity back on track if the running game is going to get rolling for the post season.
I can see them resting him for the next 3 games, (again) just to make sure he's ready for the playoffs. :(

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Ouch, bad timing here. The Cowboys really need to get this offense right before the playoffs. Definitely looks like it’s time to put significant capital toward that LT spot.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah, it's been time, but if this isn't a "we need to move on" moment for this organization then I dunno what is.
Yeah I was a big "Keep Tyron its not a NEED right now" I was wrong for sure. However. I wouldnt trade Parsons for Slater at all. We needed that infusion on D for a long time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ouch, bad timing here. The Cowboys really need to get this offense right before the playoffs. Definitely looks like it’s time to put significant capital toward that LT spot.
3 years ago would have been nice.It was foolish as hell to put their eggs in the T.Smith basket AGAIN.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why are the forcing Steele into that role? It reminds me of Chazz Green. Green filled in admirably at RT then they moved him to LT and he regressed big time.
is JJ calling these moves? I have 2 wonder.

movaughn88

Reaction score

The FO knows more than us, but remember Josh Ball OT would have been a much higher pick...if he hits the offseason hard (I'm sure his high-ankle is healed by now) then he could be a reason we roll the dice one more year with Tyron, expecting his usual 70% participation next year.

I'm not arguing for no resources applied next year, but a1st-3rd rounder might be out because of Ball's potential.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
With the first pick of the 2022 draft the Dallas Cowboys pick offensive tackle........
Need to trade Pollard for another 1st rounder and get 2 Olinemen we can replace Pollard with a 7th round pick have heard in these forums that running backs are a dime a dozen