Video: Tyron Smith rolling downfield

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope. It's not blocking in the back when the opponent turns his back to you when you're about to block him.

SECTION 4 BLOCKING

Blocking is the act of obstructing or impeding an opponent by contacting him with a part of the blocker’s body.
A Block in the Back is a block that is delivered from behind an opponent above his waist. It is not a block in the back:
(a) if a player is making a personal attempt to recover a loose ball
(b) if the opponent turns away from the blocker when contact is imminent

Oh contact was imminent alright! It was like that DB saw a freight train about to flatten him and he turned to run away. Lol

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It was a phantom hold on T-Fred...

It wasn't a phantom call, I think it was actually the right call but it didn't have any affect on the play.

I loved Zeke's reaction when he realized there was a penalty, all that running for no reason.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Oh contact was imminent alright! It was like that DB saw a freight train about to flatten him and he turned to run away. Lol

DB's Reaction:

hqdefault.jpg

Zordon

Reaction score
The man should be making 20M per year. Took a huge paycut for the betterment of the team and loyalty to Jerry. Sometimes I feel like our fans forget about this. I have so much respect for him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The man should be making 20M per year. Took a huge paycut for the betterment of the team and loyalty to Jerry. Sometimes I feel like our fans forget about this. I have so much respect for him.
Tyron Smith took a paycut? I haven't read that anywhere.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Tyron Smith took a paycut? I haven't read that anywhere.

He restructured and got tons of $$$ upfront which lessened his cap hit but he didn't take a cut

The Cowboys lowered Smith's $10 million base salary to $1 million, turning the difference into a signing bonus to create $7.2 million in room. The move adds $1.8 million to Smith’s cap figures over the next four years.
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...ure-tyron-smith-contract-create-more-cap-room.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He restructured and got tons of $$$ upfront which lessened his cap hit but he didn't take a cut
I didn't think he did. Not sure why Zordon thought he did. Tyron will be getting restructured for the rest of his contract life. lol

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I didn't think he did. Not sure why Zordon thought he did. Tyron will be getting restructured for the rest of his contract life. lol
He's young enough to earn another very lucrative contract.