Tyron Smith unlikely to play Week 3 vs. Seahawks

Jipper

Reaction score
TS 13 games each season over the last 3 seasons is better then 16 from Jags which hes not.. he misses less games then many other players around the league..check out rosters of late.. i do know Jerry sated if this were do or die games TS could have easily played last week and that means this week as well if they asked him too..it was a coaches decsions to hold him out. Make sure it doesnt reoccur or has set back..

but be done, given you are not what you have his jersey you want to burn, what exactly can you do to be done? of course we hear that a lot but doesnt mean you wont be called out on it, :muttley:

It’s not just missed games it’s also being ineffective due to injuries which he has been much more over the past few years.

As many on here have also stated it’s time to plan for life after him and replace with a new LT sooner than later....he’s just not dependable to be healthy enough to be effective or even suit up to play. It’s reality and it’s time to be ready to move on. Can’t base a season hopes on one of the most important positions when you don’t have confidence they will be able to play

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
begining to look more and more likely that next year may be the time to move on from tyron smith of course the jones wont

ItzKelz

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
Shocking! LOL. Not. "Game time decision" or "we'll see how he is on Saturday"is Cowboys-speak for he is out 2-3 weeks. Thankfully it is not "day-to-day" which when translated from Jerry-speak means 4-6 weeks.

Collins is in the "he's progressing" category which means he is not coming back any time soon. I have the Rosetta Stone, or ancient tablets, of the civilization of the Joneses. They used English words, but with very different meanings.

Techsass

Reaction score
While they haven't completely shut the door on him, it doesn't look very promising that we'll see Tyron Sunday. Hopefully Knight has another good game & we don't skip a beat.

bigE79

Reaction score
So if Tyron does miss, and Knight does well again. Would they continue to let Knight keep playing even when Smith can return. If he does not return Sunday.
It's happened before..what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If we are being honest our tackles havent been as much as an issue as we thought. There is a very likely chance that Stephen "Give me a home town discount" Jones is having those same thoughts.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Love Tyron. But it's quickly approaching time to move on without him.

Need someone we can reliably count on out there. Tyron hasn't played a full season since 2015, missing multiple games every season since then. And even when he does play, it's quite often iffy leading up to the game if he's gonna play or make it thru an entire game.
I get it, but basically TS is the player that gets the rest and called up when its all on the line.
Dont have to agree or like it as a fan, but thats the way this game is being played.

cern

Reaction score
Based on last weeks performance by knight, i am less concerned than I'd normally be. Knight and steele are getting a trial by fire. They're more than holding their own.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I’m not in the get rid of him camp because of how good he still is.

But I am in the we need to take a tackle early in the draft to groom camp

cern

Reaction score
TS 13 games each season over the last 3 seasons is better then 16 from Jags which hes not.. he misses less games then many other players around the league..check out rosters of late.. i do know Jerry sated if this were do or die games TS could have easily played last week and that means this week as well if they asked him too..it was a coaches decsions to hold him out. Make sure it doesnt reoccur or has set back..

but be done, given you are not what you have his jersey you want to burn, what exactly can you do to be done? of course we hear that a lot but doesnt mean you wont be called out on it, :muttley:
Your post makes perfect sense. Smith, imo is being held out for later in the season. And knighr looks like a most worthy replacement when the time comes to move on from smith
Stephen's looking out for the future.

superonyx

Reaction score
lots of tough internet talk buddy, guess you think your opinion matters a lot more huh? Keep thinking you are special

again if you can’t depend on him then it’s time to move on
Is he a free agent? Do we still have to pay him?
Who are we moving on to?

Too many angry fans ready to move from almost everyone on the team. It’s not that easy.

And anyone who think MM will bench him is living in fantasy land.

superonyx

Reaction score
I’m down to draft an offensive tackle early next year.

It doesn’t have to be first round but we clearly need some quality depth.

Hopefully find our next Doug Free type.
I’d rather roll with what we have at Tackle and look to fill the huge hole we have a guard....then center before tackle.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Let him recover. The Cowboys have a good stable of horses in reserve on the OL. The more they play, the better they will get and the team will be better for it.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Seriously, I don't care if he owns the team JJ AND Co need to be called out for extending Smith's contract out. Smith WHEN healthy which is an over statement in this VERY young season is one of the best in the NFL. With that being said I wouldn't give you a plum nickel for this broke down EX-WARRIOR!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't rush Tyron back into the fold either. Not like this is a vaunted Seattle front we are dealing with.