Tyron to the Jets

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Maybe Dallas is tanking.

No chance to beat the Eagles as of today and the draft isn’t going to plug all the holes. Their best case is be like the Bucs last year and be the 6 or 7 seed.

But who on the schedule is Dallas definitively better than?

Washington - because they don’t have a QB on the roster
Giants - they don’t know what they are.
Saints - they don’t know what they are.
Bucs - mainly because that game is at home
Panthers - who knows if Bryce Young turns into anything
Cleveland - who’s their QB?

Everyone else on the schedule (Pittsburgh on the road, Atlanta with weapons is either a toss up or definitively more talented:

Philly
Ravens
Texans
49ers
Lions
Bengals (with a healthy Burrow)

This is shaping to be an 8-9 or 9-8 season. Which is the worst spot you can be. Not high enough to get great draft picks and not good enough to make any real noise.
It looks like a tank job on paper, but I cant rule out the possibility that Jerry and Cap Boy are just this freaking bad at roster construction.

I sincerly hope this is a "secret" tank job, because if Jerry and his idiot boy are actually trying here..................wow................no words:facepalm:

Cebrin

Reaction score
Honestly, this should have already happened. I love Tyron and wish him well. One of the best to ever do it. I mean, who else wears a knee brace on their arm? Legend.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
lol come on man Dillard ruined it.. you must have used groogle wrong...i would use google next time.
Andre Dillard was drafted by the Eagles with the 22nd pick of the 2019 draft. He was on the Super Bowl team, as were the other players I listed. They had five linemen on that team that they took by the 79th pick of the third round. I didn't say they were all good or all were starters. The point is their team went to the Super Bowl and had three first-rounders, a second-rounder and a third-rounder among their linemen. Unlike us, when Philly misses on a lineman, the Eagles go out and spend money in free agency to fix it.

Your argument is that no Super Bowl team makes that kind of investment in its offensive line. First one I thought of was Philly and the roster for that year shows that it does. You don't want to accept that, that's up to you.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
The $20 million is the total that is possible to earn if he plays every game.

His base is probably just $1-$2 million with $800k-$900k bonus per each game played.

If he stays healthy and plays every game, he can bank $20.............if he gets hurt and only plays 5 games, he only banks around $5-$6 million.

Protects the team in case of injury and at the same time fairly compensates Tyron if he can stay healthy and plays the majority of the season.
Wrong

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There are really people in this thread who dont actully understand why Tyron was"Allowed" to go? holy strit...we are the dumbest fan base ever

rambo2

Reaction score
It looks to me like 1 more tackle with fall down the board because the Jets won't be drafting 1 now.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Andre Dillard was drafted by the Eagles with the 22nd pick of the 2019 draft. He was on the Super Bowl team, as were the other players I listed. They had five linemen on that team that they took by the 79th pick of the third round. I didn't say they were all good or all were starters. The point is their team went to the Super Bowl and had three first-rounders, a second-rounder and a third-rounder among their linemen. Unlike us, when Philly misses on a lineman, the Eagles go out and spend money in free agency to fix it.

Your argument is that no Super Bowl team makes that kind of investment in its offensive line. First one I thought of was Philly and the roster for that year shows that it does. You don't want to accept that, that's up to you.
no no good try my thing was 2 fold
A: they dont WIN a sb little eagle and
B: Andre Dillard gave up 12 sacks last year..just last year keep talking i have more for you if you want it...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
no no good try my thing was 2 fold
A: they dont WIN a sb little eagle and
B: Andre Dillard gave up 12 sacks last year..just last year keep talking i have more for you if you want it...
You are definitely not worth the effort I put in, so you have a good night.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
One of the all time great Cowboys, glad we had him, but tremendous disappointment in lack of postseason success for him and the franchise due to two twangy fantasy football managers.

RonWashington

Reaction score
You can’t expect to continually get early exits from the playoffs and expect to keep the same cast together. Armstrong disappeared for long stretches Pollard struggled as a feature paid back LVE injuries Tyron injuries Gallup totally too expensive and not living up to it .

Glad both MM and 4 are on last yrs of contract .Jerry’s crew bombed in the playoffs .

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Damn. One of my favorite players. I remember when Dallas drafted him I was so happy.

Good for him. I hope he gets healthy and play all games.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
we have his rep,acement on the team in tyler...the only diference is he plays almost 100% of the games
Sure but then you have to replace one of the best guards in football. I am sure you trust Jerry though and he appreciates your patronage.

khiladi

Reaction score
there’s no way you can tell me this team is better without Tyron on it. When he plays he’s a top guy at his position and a beast. He’s been injured too much but they should have done an incentive based contract and kept him around.

Just a silly move- it’s compounded even more when you see our lack of moves in free agency and likely will be more so when they move Tyler smith. Team needed to plug holes and add, they’ve taken a pretty glaring step back at this point imo.
The money apparently didn’t match, as he took a major discount relative to his value his previous contract. Smith wanted to get paid his last contract.

CWR

Reaction score
Love Tyron, but he‘ll probably get hurt on the flight to New York…
It probably is time to let him go. The only chance of keeping him was him actually wanting to retire here.

It is a shame though because they looked to have found the answer in not having him practice lol. It's wild but it was working