Tyrone Crawford doesn't deserve the hate gets

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
To be fair, and not to take away from your point on TC, Night, but DLaw was a certified beast last year. If he plays that way every year he is worth 17M. I hope we have our franchise end in him. Cautiously optimistic.
1 1/2 great years out of 4 is his track record..... all we have is hope

CPanther95

Reaction score
He's hardly missed any games in the last four years (at least none I recall) and that's definitely worth something. It's hard enough to plan a team around players that are oft-injured, and deal with missing players from injuries that can strike any player regardless of how healthy they've stayed in the past. When you have a defensive team that piles on suspensions every year for the last 5 years, I wouldn't sweat a few extra bucks for the stability you get with Crawford.

A player, like Gregory, is near worthless. If you can't plan on having him, than you must plan on not having him - that means he's redundant. If you haven't made him redundant, than you've failed at team building. At least they can plan around Crawford.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Ok Kelz, I'm saying he's not a good leader on the field, the off the field ish I could care less about. On the field is my concern & I'm concerned that my team has fans& employees of the team that somehow think Crawford is a leader.. this thought process is what plagues us in my humble opinion. That's ur opinion & I respect that. I think evaluating TC as a leader is why we're in the predicament we are in. Point blank period!
You think he got a big contract because he was considered a leader?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That " good leader" tag is thrown around so much in today's football & specifically this team. What is he a good leader@? What exactly is he leading? On how to Finesse Jerry & Co to fork over money he didn't necessarily deserve. No offense to u but I just find that line to be funny when people or fans say that. " He's a good leader tho" like if Crawford is leading ur unit or team,then y'all not going nowhere far trust!

How do you see this as "Finessing Jerry & Co." here? Did Crawford hold out on the Cowboys when his contract came up or something? I honestly don't know because I don't remember but I'm guessing you have a reason for presenting this in this fashion. Seriously, where is this coming from?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Another overpaid JAG on this trash defense. Wake me up when this defense can create turnovers and get off the field on 3rd down.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
In no way does this guy deserve near the hate that he receives. What should have done? Turn down the money, say NO...THATS TOO MUCH! Would you have? LOL

He is what he is,.... a good solid player who impacts a lot of plays. He may never be a pro bowl type player but HE IS a guy that is unselfish and goes about his job in a workmanlike manner. He is a guy that might not make the play, but due to his actions he influences A LOT of plays that others clean up. Kind of guy that will be sorely missed when he is gone. Asked to play multiple positions and does so without complaint. Very versatile. Soooo, Hate away..... but in the end we are very lucky to have him as a Cowboy.

Solid and reliable, unlike derf Irving. Not a stud, nor a dud. True he did not deserve that contract in hindsight but we would all accept it and most agreed at the time that he was an up and comer. I'm not mad about the contract. Injuries have robbed him. No player on the line has his character or a better work ethic. I know, RKG right

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
You think he got a big contract because he was considered a leader?
I hope not, but I tell u what & this is disturbing to me& should be the whole fan base. I don't think he got that extension because of his play on the field as well. Yeah I know it sounds crazy & u& others prolly are like what did he get the extension for. Well that's the disturbing part I was eluding to & I think it's we'll call em other reasons why he did;'-)

The next off season he should be cut .we not going to go platinum with Crawford on our D- line. U think he would get any burn on Philadelphia's squad. Ok then why us then, ask yourself that

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I hope not, but I tell u what & this is disturbing to me& should be the whole fan base. I don't think he got that extension because of his play on the field as well. Yeah I know it sounds crazy & u& others prolly are like what did he get the extension for. Well that's the disturbing part I was eluding to & I think it's we'll call em other reasons why he did;'-)

The next off season he should be cut .we not going to go platinum with Crawford on our D- line. U think he would get any burn on Philadelphia's squad. Ok then why us then, ask yourself that
By the numbers he was one of the best and consistent DT's in the game when he got his new contract. At the time he was among the league leaders in pressures from the DT position. His issue was consistency getting to the QB; which never came as they hoped it would. This is were the problem is....the contract was based on what they hoped he would become not what he actually was.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
How do you see this as "Finessing Jerry & Co." here? Did Crawford hold out on the Cowboys when his contract came up or something? I honestly don't know because I don't remember but I'm guessing you have a reason for presenting this in this fashion. Seriously, where is this coming from?
I'll explain to a certain extent. He finessed them by appearing as a Good Guy, a hard worker who is injured from time to time, marrying so young to the right kind of girl & fraternizing with the powers that be in that organization. How else could u justify a perennial 3-4 sack D- lineman who gets injured a great deal& dosent have a ideal position been giving a contract extension in which he was getting 9-10 per season with his resume. Yeah he as the young kids say nowadays" finessed them"

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
His deal was actually 6/46m........it was an extension but the signing bonus was applied to 2015

He is only due 21m for 2018-2020....that is 7m a year and ZERO left is guaranteed

He is our best DL over the last 4 years by far...... he gets consistent pressure from several positions and never misses time

With all the other suspensions on the DL we are lucky to have him

He is not the best DL over the last 4 years. Irving, Collins, and Lawrence has produced more and gets paid less than what this guy has done. Frankly, he hasn't shown me much at all.

If Dallas wants to produce a championship team they need to get as much production from players on the field. We don't need to pay big money to the good guys who are great outside of the field.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Agreed. Truth be known, his pay isn't out of line with his production any more either.

I looked into this and I disagree. His yearly cap hits are around 9.5 million according to Over The Cap, and according to Pro Football Reference he gets around 4 sacks and 20 tackles a year. About 650 snaps in 2017 on defense, only missed a few games his career.

I know that a lot of DLine production doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but when you're in 8 figure salary territory, you need to be getting that kind of production that shows up on the scorecard and it needs to be more often than once every 4 games. Keep in mind he gets opportunities all over the line so don't tell me "it's cuz he 2gaps at DT" or some bogus stuff.

I was on board with him initially and this contract because I thought he'd keep developing and be a bargain by the time we got this far with salaries going up each year. That hasn't been the case, he's been stagnant in terms of on-field development for years.

I will say the feather in his cap is that he's apparently a team leader RKG type.

I don't hate Crawford but in the salary cap era you gotta look at the whole picture and when you do that with Crawford he uses up too much resources for too little gain and so is a drain on the team from a personnel standpoint. Luckily that's ok right now because Dallas has never had a cap so healthy as they do now and going forward.

I look for him to play out his contract and maybe even get another one because I have a feeling the free market won't be kind to him and he may just stay here on a cheap deal which I'd be on board with.

Last edited:

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I'm not one of those guys, but you've been here since Oct 2017, you haven't seen enough posts here on him.

Be careful with that reasoning, the dallascowboys.com forum went to crap and eventually closed down over the last year so a lot of people, myself included, are new-ish to the zone but have been posting with this same crowd for years. Not saying that's the case with the guy you quoted, just pointing it out

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
My point was that with a recent join date, how could one know if there has or hasn't been "hate" here for a player who precedes his join date by 3-4 seasons. I wasn't questioning his fandom.

And my point is that I have a recent join date too but I know about the TCrawford hate because I've been posting with this same crowd for years even if not on cowboyszone.com. The same could be true for lots of people joining in last 6 to 12 months. Most of the common posters here used to post under the same name at dallascowboys.com. Fandom has nothing to do with it.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
He is not the best DL over the last 4 years. Irving, Collins, and Lawrence has produced more and gets paid less than what this guy has done. Frankly, he hasn't shown me much at all.

If Dallas wants to produce a championship team they need to get as much production from players on the field. We don't need to pay big money to the good guys who are great outside of the field.
"But he's a great locker room guy" &"he never gets in trouble;'-) as said by those types of fans, yeah I agree he is overrated & overpaid & as I said previously we are not going to go platinum with Crawford as our DT& if we believe this as a fan base & a organization, we're doomed to fail& suffer the results we've suffered for far too long:;'-)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
And my point is that I have a recent join date too but I know about the TCrawford hate because I've been posting with this same crowd for years even if not on cowboyszone.com. The same could be true for lots of people joining in last 6 to 12 months. Most of the common posters here used to post under the same name at dallascowboys.com. Fandom has nothing to do with it.
I deleted it, it isn't worth arguing. But here I am. My post was in context with CowboysZone, not your migration of posters. TC predates his join date, he doesn't know the narrative that Crawford has here at CowboysZone, and it isn't my job to infer what he might've meant. Again, wasn't questioning his, or your migration's, fandom. Just his take

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
In no way does this guy deserve near the hate that he receives. What should have done? Turn down the money, say NO...THATS TOO MUCH! Would you have? LOL

He is what he is,.... a good solid player who impacts a lot of plays. He may never be a pro bowl type player but HE IS a guy that is unselfish and goes about his job in a workmanlike manner. He is a guy that might not make the play, but due to his actions he influences A LOT of plays that others clean up. Kind of guy that will be sorely missed when he is gone. Asked to play multiple positions and does so without complaint. Very versatile. Soooo, Hate away..... but in the end we are very lucky to have him as a Cowboy.

He is versatile but does nothing really good. Gives everything he got and thats a positive. Good character.

Still way overpaid. Cut him down to 3.5 mills per year and i am fine with him. If not i dont see him here after 2018.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He should be your 3rd...maybe even 4th best DL and he'll flourish. When you rely on him to be your 1st or 2nd best DL then he's just not good enough to carry that responsibility.