News: Tyrone Crawford to IR

Chrispierce

Reaction score
/Season Over
Yep...that was my first thought seeing this news. They’ll still play and win some games...but the odds are too great to lie to ourselves and say...”No wait...we can ...” no,we’d need 2-3 good players to pick up. It’s not reality.

Techsass

Reaction score
OMG I read that as Tyrone Smith. Still sucks, but not nearly as much. Im not in the group that thinks Crawford is garbage. I know Im a shrinking minority
So did I.
I'm also not near as down on the guy as most. He never did become what they originally paid for, but he was still a lot better than what people like to accuse him of being.

Reactions: CWR

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yep...that was my first thought seeing this news. They’ll still play and win some games...but the odds are too great to lie to ourselves and say...”No wait...we can ...” no,we’d need 2-3 good players to pick up. It’s not reality.

All our DT’s are backups including Tyrone. It’s a joke how easy teams run on us...

sideon

Reaction score
So what, He's been on the back of milk cartons this season anyway.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
So what, He's been on the back of milk cartons this season anyway.
It’s not about that,it’s just him being there to fill in for two spots if need be. Who’s your guys now on gameday. Huh? How you going to compensate for his absence if someone gets hurt? Rotations are snaps....now the weight shifts to the others to play longer than they should. Fresh bodies to throw at you. That’s the whole point of the defense front we use. I don’t think people realize what just happened...listen to the DC shows more...they go over this stuff all the time. Helman knows...they’ll be asking the question tomorrow. “Who’s your rotation now? And who can we get to come in and help mitigate that?” That’s what Derek will pose to them.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY why I hated the Hill pick. We needed that DT to play THIS YEAR. Not next or year after.but right now. Cause a big problem for me looking at the line,and how we could do things. Stupid FO....this is their fault. They set themselves up for it making that pick. Guy is too raw yet to take on NFL legit players. He’s Connor Williams on defense last year. That’s what he’ll look like. Good luck with that Dallas.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is EXACTLY why I hated the Hill pick. We needed that DT to play THIS YEAR. Not next or year after.but right now. Cause a big problem for me looking at the line,and how we could do things. Stupid FO....this is their fault. They set themselves up for it making that pick. Guy is too raw yet to take on NFL legit players. He’s Connor Williams on defense last year. That’s what he’ll look like. Good luck with that Dallas.

Tristy was apparently too raw for a mid level college team too as he didn't even start at UCF.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Tristy was apparently too raw for a mid level college team too as he didn't even start at UCF.
I saw his tape....I don’t get it. He’s a poor mans Collins essentially,and if you’re not upgrading positions then you can’t really improve much. I just don’t see the point knowing you needed a DT to play right now this year. It’s such a Dallas thing to do. And if they didn’t know they did....then I’m more concerned with that.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I saw his tape....I don’t get it. He’s a poor mans Collins essentially,and if you’re not upgrading positions then you can’t really improve much. I just don’t see the point knowing you needed a DT to play right now this year. It’s such a Dallas thing to do. And if they didn’t know they did....then I’m more concerned with that.
They did the same thing last year. Spend a 2nd rounder on a position you need but draft a guy you know probably won't play well and is arguably forced out of position

Chrispierce

Reaction score
They did the same thing last year. Spend a 2nd rounder on a position you need but draft a guy you know probably won't play well and is arguably forced out of position
Yessssss!!! It’s setting them back...you can’t win doing this. They keep doing it too. Taco,Williams,now Hill...no wonder nothing improved. They really are stupid sometimes...

Chrispierce

Reaction score
This, we take taco bell and the stealers gets the rewards with Watts.
It’s all Rod guys..go get me some real linemen I don’t have to coach up. Look at Quinn...sure he’s got holes but he’s fast man and gets lower than Lawrence. Right out the gate he comes in here and is our sack leader. Doesn’t say much to me for Rods guys.