News: Tyrone Crawford to IR

btcutter

Reaction score
Personally, I'm excited to watch Trysten Hill gets blown back to linebacker depth and then turn and sprint down the line trailing the play.

So. Much. Hustle.

If there were ever a draft for need mistake... this was one. Oh, and I almost forgot Taco :facepalm:. Don't we ever learn??? Top safeties were still on board when this debacle occurred.

quickccc

Reaction score
If it was bothering him since last season, why didn't Crawford have surgery early this year to fix the ailing problem in order to be healthy this season?

if I'm not mistaken, I believe Crawford did have procedure done before camp started. and that's why he sat out the entire summer, ...ditto with DLaw, who had his shoulder mended somewhere
before camp date too.
Never recovered. .. and i'm starting to get worried the same about Dlaw in the same sense as well.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
A second round draft pick still inactive after Crawford is gone?

It's still cool.....according to old Spags. He said you can't judge a player this early by the active list on game days.

He also strongly defended Garrett's decision to go for fourth and two instead of kicking a field goal.

It's all cool..........bros........

Both Spags and Brad Sham have become unbearable to listen to these oat 3 weeks. Both have been shilling for JJ and Garrett as I every decision they make has Ben gold... They just had some unfortunate events due to lack of player execution.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the hip-thing, which was as carry over from last season made him "uncuttable".

Yeah maybe. But maybe they could have cut him with an injury settlement. He did play for a while though, so it looks like they could have cut him.

starfan1

Reaction score
If there were ever a draft for need mistake... this was one. Oh, and I almost forgot Taco :facepalm:. Don't we ever learn??? Top safeties were still on board when this debacle occurred.
not downplaying the mistake in the draft room but having earl thomas or the safety they passed on does not change what we have seen on the field this year its more than just one position

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oy.

I mean he wasn't great but with the middling play that we are currently getting from DT, we needed all the bodies we could get.

Once again, the Cowboys have completely and utterly mishandled the DT position. They overvalued the impact they would get from their 2nd round pick and they didn't take into account injuries it seems. So not only did we have middling talent at DT, we are now thin because of Crawford on the IR and Hill being largely too raw to have any real impact at all.

How many years now are Jerry and McClay going to take their DT advice from Marinelli?
Problem with Hill at this point is he would probably be the kind of feast or famine DT that could be key to giving up 30 yard runs mis reading a play.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Should of been a cap cut this previous offseason. Once again the cowboys front office let's emotion keep an overpaid player on the roster.

Would of saved 6 million this year and 7 million next year if we cut him

Reports all Spring where us having young guys on the interior/outside that could outplay him and this being one of the most loaded defensive line free agency classes in the entire 2000sn

Shocker a typical "uhh we like our guys" front office move.

Tussinman

Reaction score
What will they do to replace his production...?
Could of cut him this last offseason (saved 6 million on top of the already 25 million available) and could of easily signed 2 free agents for cheap that could outplay him.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Should never suit up in a Dallas uniform again
He should of never suited up this season (once again emotion and "we like our guys" keep someone on the roster who shouldn't of)

Multiple publications where saying he should be a cap casualty for the 2019.

Just to put into perspective, the price the cowboys would of saved by cutting him (6 million this year) could of gotten them both Danny Shelton and your choice of either Margus Hunt, Johnathan Hankins, or Malcom brown.

Could of literally added 2 superior starters for the same price........... ("buh buh we like our guys")