Twitter: Tyron's penalties

Tussinman

Reaction score
well i still take that monster over any one else
He's currently ranked higher than 7 out of the 8 LT's that made last years pro bowl.

Tyron isn't a top 50 player in the NFL anymore but he's still a high tier left tackle. Hell just look at are freaking division (Trent Williams is refusing to play, Peters is more banged up than Tyron and this will probably be his last year, and Nate Solder is arguably the most overpaid player in the entire NFL and is about to give up his 10th sack of the year).

I laugh at the whole "uhhh Tyrons done we need to trade him and cut ties" narrative that gets thrown around here (yeah lets cut arguably the 3rd best LT in the NFC, great idea :rolleyes:)

stuckindc

Reaction score
Last thing this team needs to do is trade off Smith, save some money, and end up in the Green-Petitti purgatory.
Definitely agree about investing and grooming a new LT but I would just keep Smith till the new guy as shown enough to roll with him.

I don't see McG as his replacement, but that's just a guess as he played C and G at Penn State.
Oh God ..Pettiti...still causes me anxiety ..especially living in DC and him acting as a turnstile against them in 05 ...to get eliminated from the playoffs....one of the worst losses to them...same year as the two Santana Moss bombs with just minutes left...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Whats crazy is even with the questionable calls against him there's still over a handful of pro bowl LT's this year that have more penalties than him
Yeah that is crazy especially since I don’t think some of the penalties should be called against him.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again: sometimes it just looks like a penalty with Tyron because he beats them so bad it's like an adult pushing around a small child.

Was just about to write this.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It is hard to play on Sunday when you consistently miss practice. Smith was a great player. Either the coaches allow him "rest" time or his back is too sore to practice. He either needs to be all in or, if he can't take the practice, he needs to go away.

Too many comfortable players in Dallas.

A hurt Tyron is still 10x better than a healthy Cam Fleming. There's a reason he keeps getting sent out there.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The vast majority of those were holds.

People confuse “aaahhh, I’ve seen worse” with what’s actually a penalty.

You’re never allowed to hook a guy across the shoulders/neck and it not be a penalty.

Well actually you can and the rule exception the OP cites is one such case. People whined about that play Wentz made against us one Sunday night game that a hold should have been called on the below pic but Wilson used that same rip technique which is an exception. What this tweet guy doesn't say is that you can't take away a defender's feet from him. Once that happens it IS a hold and that happened on a few of those Smith plays. Wilson never had his feet taken away by the way.

Dr0_HynUcAEthMw.jpg

InTheZone

Reaction score
Tyron is so good the refs call penalties on him just because

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The vast majority of those were holds.

People confuse “aaahhh, I’ve seen worse” with what’s actually a penalty.

You’re never allowed to hook a guy across the shoulders/neck and it not be a penalty.
I agree with that, and on that note, it looked like 3 were legit.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tyron gets called for things simply because NFL refs are so young and inexperienced now they don't believe one man can manhandled another like he does. It's egregious.
He should demonstrate on each of them before the games.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The only consistency about Tyron's penalties is that they occur on a big play!

I wondered about that. Never heard of the exception before, but I didn't see how you could call a penalty for holding on the olineman as the dlineman ripped through.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A hurt Tyron is still 10x better than a healthy Cam Fleming. There's a reason he keeps getting sent out there.

Agreed. Fleming is terrible. Smith is paid to be a big star though. He is a team leader. Guy is killing them with these stupid penalties.