Twitter: Tyron's penalties

fansince68

Reaction score
Untimely at that. Last one that comes to mind was vs the Pats when Gallup has the pass for a first down and it was immediately called back due to 77.
Maher would have eventually missed the field goal.....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Phantom Penalties. You'd think the refs would change up who they call it on after a certain amount of times. It's so obvious at this point. It's getting old :facepalm:.
Your sig is disturbing me.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Every head coach in the league complains incessantly to the Refs about Tyron Smith "holding". Every defensive player that is asked to describe Smith's level of play states that when he gets his hands into you, you are done.

Most of the time, Tyron Smith uses sound technique with his hands that is supposed to be within acceptable area for grabbing (inside the shoulders). I think defenders caught in his web have be coached to retreat from him so he gets extended and it looks like a holding penalty. The dude is an eraser and is still playing at a very high level. One of the very best in the league. Knock on wood, he has been fairly healthy this year.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Because he had Connor Williams lined up next to him.

I get the feeling that you have a serious grudge against Connor Williams :laugh:. Y'all have any history together? He steal your girl at any point in life? Does he remind you of someone you don't like?

CapnB

Reaction score
The vast majority of those were holds.

People confuse “aaahhh, I’ve seen worse” with what’s actually a penalty.

You’re never allowed to hook a guy across the shoulders/neck and it not be a penalty.

I see opponents doing the same thing to our DE and we rarely get a holding call. If its gonna get called lets have it called the same way. Thats all i ask for.

Fmart322

Reaction score
We need to send the refs a fruit basket or something to get them to stop calling bullcrap calls on us.

Reaction score
The problem is the selective enforcement of said rules. You can call holding on any team on every single play, but if you're only calling it on one of the teams or at particularly bad times you can manipulate drive outcomes and literally take points off the board,,,

JBond

Reaction score
The vast majority of those were holds.

People confuse “aaahhh, I’ve seen worse” with what’s actually a penalty.

You’re never allowed to hook a guy across the shoulders/neck and it not be a penalty.
It happens every game against our Dline. Every game. Never called.

JBond

Reaction score
The problem is the selective enforcement of said rules. You can call holding on any team on every single play, but if you're only calling it on one of the teams or at particularly bad times you can manipulate drive outcomes and literally take points off the board,,,
Chiefs 0 penalties. Raiders 12 or 13 last week? Can't remember and too lazy to look it up.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Yet according to some fans we "need to trade or cut him because he's declining" (reality: he's arguably the 2nd or 3rd best LT in the entire NFC...... lol)
The reason " some fans " say that is because his health is not going to get better..it's gonna get worse each year...so try and trade him now , while he has value instead of waiting until his back and other ailments get so bad he can no longer go....yes he still plays at a high level...when he's healthy but how long is that gonna last? And what have the last couple years showed? I love Tyron...but the reality is , his health is deteriorating...so why not get something of value now..rather than nothing later?

Tussinman

Reaction score
The reason " some fans " say that is because his health is not going to get better..it's gonna get worse each year...so try and trade him now , while he has value instead of waiting until his back and other ailments get so bad he can no longer go....yes he still plays at a high level...when he's healthy but how long is that gonna last? And what have the last couple years showed? I love Tyron...but the reality is , his health is deteriorating...so why not get something of value now..rather than nothing later?
There has to be a balance though.

All i've heard since the end of 2016 is how his "back is destroyed" and how he's "damaged goods" and yet he still makes NFL top 100 and pro bowl every year...... (lol).

You can never dump enough resources in tackle but at the same time the narrative of his healthy is very exageratted.

He was rated higher in 2018 then he was in 2017 (which pisses some haters off because it doesn't fit there narrative of him rapidly detoriating) and the first 5 games of this season (up untill Dak crashing into his ankle) he was rated higher than he was in 2018....... (you see where this is going ?)

There is no way in hell the cowboys will trade a pro bowl Left Tackle who only has a base salary of 10 million dollars for the next 2 years. Pull a philly and draft a stud tackle and groom him for the next 2 or 3 years ? Yeah absolutely I could see that but not trading (Tyron salary wise is a freaking steal)

Creeper

Reaction score
I saw one. A few that meet the rip move exception and a few that were just totally bogus. The Tripping call was absolutely ridiculous.

But at the same time, watching him play this year, he is not the same guy he was a couple of years ago. Tyron gets beat and out of position with those quick outside moves.. That never used to happen. I think refs look for linemen who are out of position and if the defensive player gets behind the blocker even a little and the blocker gets his hands out of position the ref will throw the flag. Its not consistent though. I have seen worse than all of these plays not get called.