UFOs Are They Real?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I don't follow you @Fletch ,, what part would you like an explanation on?
I posted in about as clear of details I can recall about what I saw that night,,,and I suffered pretty much the same ridicule then as I've kinda received now(here),,, hmb.
I was able to catch it. I enjoy reading this stuff.

arglebargle

Reaction score
if 99.99 % of all UFO cases can be explained away somehow or another

WHAT ABOUT THAT .01%?
Yes, probably 99% of the sightings are explainable. Could be even 99.99%. All it takes for it to matter is one to be true.

I've seen a couple of really interesting UFO style phenomena. The best one was viewed with friends and was also seen all over Austin. It was explained away as 'reflections off a plane.' Sure didn't look like that to me.

However you can probably see something 'unidentified' almost every day of the week.

Them

Reaction score
....UFOs....and I mean real UFOs are kind of like God in a way...in one area!.....Whether you believe in them or not....it doesn't change the reality of their existence!...
In other words what we believe about them ...makes no difference of their reality! ;)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think it is incredibly possible that life exists outside of Earth. In fact, I think it's pretty arrogant to believe we exist alone.

Do I believe they have visited us? Maybe. If they have I don't believe it necessary that they would have to let themselves be known. It would be much like one of us walking up to an ant hill and looking down. What can they possible offer us? Might be cool to watch for a second but then we move on.

I also think the chance of alien life being artifical intelligence is great as well. If you're a "robot" you can transcend space without the worry of food or water. Even time would be a non-issue to you. It's the greatest form of evolution. So, I don't necessarily believe in little green aliens with big eyes. If I did buy into those types of aliens I would consider them inter-dimensional travelers over space travelers.

The fun part about all this is that anything is possible! There could be anything and nothing. You just have to keep an open-mind. ;)

Them

Reaction score
Has 'Planet 10' Been Detected?...

Astronomers observing the mysterious Kuiper Belt deep in space believe they may have detected signs of heretofore undiscovered large planet in our solar system.

In a newly-published paper, the researchers say that they've spotted strange perturbations in the orbits of some space rocks lingering in the mass of icy debris and other materials which make up the Kuiper Belt.

By working through calculations involving the tilt of these objects and other astronomical factors, they concluded that "something as massive as Mars would be needed to cause the warp that we measured."

If this sounds familiar, that is because a similar discovery was made back in January of 2016, when scientists from Caltech announced that something three-times-larger than Earth was seemingly influencing objects in the Kuiper Belt.

Dubbed 'Planet Nine,' that object is distinctly different in size from this newfound theoretical world, which is why the latest find is being called 'Planet Ten.'

And, astronomers say, there may be more where that came from as future telescopes will allow researchers to see far more objects in the Kuiper Belt and, in turn, be able to measure if they are being influenced by something 'out there' such as an eleventh or twelfth planet.

Meanwhile, the dual discoveries could cause a conundrum for the conspiracy community as one is left to wonder which of the two worlds is the infamous Planet X or if the notorious home of the Niburu is still somewhere lurking out in space.
(p.s. "The Twelfth Planet" by Zachariah Sitchin is a somewhat historic and interesting read...jus' sayin':))
9s25ZOJ.jpg

Them

Reaction score
...Cool Space Facts:

...The Sun makes up 99% of the Solar System.

...Venus spins backwards, and nobody knows why!

...Mars has two polar ice caps.

...Jupiter has 69 moons, and has storms that could
swallow the Earth twice.

...Saturn has 57 moons

...Uranus is the first planet to be discovered
by the telescope.

...Neptune is the coldest place in the Solar System.

Them

Reaction score
The Battle of Los Angeles, also known as The Great Los Angeles Air Raid, is the name given by contemporary sources
to the rumored enemy attack and subsequent anti-aircraft artillery barrage which took place from late 24 February to
early 25 February 1942 over Los Angeles, California. The incident occurred less than three months after the United States
entered World War II as a result of the Japanese Imperial Navy's attack on Pearl Harbor, and one day after the bombardment
of Ellwood on 23 February. Initially, the target of the aerial barrage was thought to be an attacking force from Japan, but
speaking at a press conference shortly afterward, Secretary of the Navy Frank Knox called the incident a "false alarm."
Newspapers of the time published a number of reports and speculations of a cover-up.
http://i1181.***BLOCKED***/albums/x429/gdeavan/BattleOfLosAngeles.jpg

Them

Reaction score
...ya know Daboyz I saw that also ...I came this close [ ......]...no...this close [..] to posting the vid myself...but I went with the "Battle of LA" instead...
anyway..."Well Done!"... you get a immensely sort after and cherished "Like-a-Roonie!"...:)

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I'm the kind of person who keeps their eye to the sky when I'm outside at night. I witnessed something strange a few years ago at a drive in movie while watching Ratatouille. I laid back in my truck bed and just looked straight up. I saw two objects that looked like stars circling around each other and zig zagging all over the place, then they got fainter and fainter and disappeared. These were way up there and were the size of stars from our perspective. Crazy.

I ask you all this:. Do any of you have a favorite website that you visit for this kind of stuff? I used to always look at ufosightingsdaily.com but he recently stopped posting.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I'm the kind of person who keeps their eye to the sky when I'm outside at night. I witnessed something strange a few years ago at a drive in movie while watching Ratatouille. I laid back in my truck bed and just looked straight up. I saw two objects that looked like stars circling around each other and zig zagging all over the place, then they got fainter and fainter and disappeared. These were way up there and were the size of stars from our perspective. Crazy.

I ask you all this:. Do any of you have a favorite website that you visit for this kind of stuff? I used to always look at ufosightingsdaily.com but he recently stopped posting.
There a two good Youtube channels "thirdphaseofmoon" & "secureteam10" both are good channels for everything ufo.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The Battle of Los Angeles, also known as The Great Los Angeles Air Raid, is the name given by contemporary sources
to the rumored enemy attack and subsequent anti-aircraft artillery barrage which took place from late 24 February to
early 25 February 1942 over Los Angeles, California. The incident occurred less than three months after the United States
entered World War II as a result of the Japanese Imperial Navy's attack on Pearl Harbor, and one day after the bombardment
of Ellwood on 23 February. Initially, the target of the aerial barrage was thought to be an attacking force from Japan, but
speaking at a press conference shortly afterward, Secretary of the Navy Frank Knox called the incident a "false alarm."
Newspapers of the time published a number of reports and speculations of a cover-up.
http://i1181.***BLOCKED***/albums/x429/gdeavan/BattleOfLosAngeles.jpg
False alarm? They popped off over 2000 shells!(I think a lot of 3" stuff, I'm sure there was 20-40 mm stuff going up as well, that's a huge quantity of ordnance to just discount as being jumpy nerves / itchy trigger fingers)
There was something up there to have the AA gunnery crews focused/ working at a feverish pace.
EDIT:
Wikipedia sez' 1400 'shells'

Last edited: