Uh Oh Brady Tinker says adam jones doing what he wants and drinking

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2337626 said:
Yep. That combined with Bradie James going up to PacMan to tell him to apologize in front of the team. I think some of the core veterans on the team that have been here a while notice Jerry has some new "pet cats" that get special treatment. It's one thing to give a special treatment to phenomenal perennial Pro Bowl players ... but from what I've seen from Tank and Pac so far, they aint all that.

Just like the special treatment Parcells gave to Lawrence Taylor all those years, that he ended up not giving to Quincy?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I'm still in the don't care about Adam category. He hasn't done squat.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2337632 said:
Just like the special treatment Parcells gave to Lawrence Taylor all those years, that he ended up not giving to Quincy?

Yep. Some players are worth the headaches, and spares like Quincy and Tank aren't worth the headaches. I'm not sure PacMan has proven he is either, unless you value punt returns for negative yardage.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2337632 said:

Dude reach much?

Parcells and the staff didnt know he had a drug problem till 86 and then tried to get him help.

Quincy was the same. he was in the program and the team new about it but he blew it.

and umm taylor was a hall of famer. Carter was a hall of fame idiot.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2337638 said:
Yep. Spares like Quincy and Tank aren't worth the headaches.

No-with all the flack Jerry has gotten for the special treatments of his "pet cats", was just saying that this is nothing new for other teams and their star players.

When Parcells cut Quincy over his drug woes, even the pundits were laughing over how he gave Lawrence Taylor a free pass for his constant off the field troubles throughout those years.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2337647 said:
No-with all the flack Jerry has gotten for the special treatments of his "pet cats", was just saying that this is nothing new for other teams and their star players.

When Parcells cut Quincy over his drug woes, even the pundits were laughing over how he gave Lawrence Taylor a free pass for his constant off the field troubles throughout those years.

Taylor became a giant in 82. parcells was his linebackers coach and he said he never knew anything about his drug issues. The team didnt know until the offseason going into 86 and the orginazation got him help. They thought he was doing the right things.

Quincy carter was in the program and failed a test knowing the thin line he was walking. I dont understand your problem with this.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2337626 said:
Yep. That combined with Bradie James going up to PacMan to tell him to apologize in front of the team. I think some of the core veterans on the team that have been here a while notice Jerry has some new "pet cats" that get special treatment. It's one thing to give a special treatment to phenomenal perennial Pro Bowl players ... but from what I've seen from Tank and Pac so far, they aint all that.
Bradie shouldn't have to go up to Pac-man, thats something he should have done himself. That tellls me alot about him as far as him changing.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2337642 said:
Dude reach much?

Parcells and the staff didnt know he had a drug problem till 86 and then tried to get him help.

Quincy was the same. he was in the program and the team new about it but he blew it.

and umm taylor was a hall of famer. Carter was a hall of fame idiot.

Uhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm...........LT's problems DID continue long after that. In Dan Reeves' first season in '93(which happened to be LT's last season there), he was caught sleeping on the sidelines near the tail end of games.

Oh wait-are you saying that LT DID deserve a free pass b/c he was an extraordinary talent?:confused:

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2337654 said:
Taylor became a giant in 82. parcells was his linebackers coach and he said he never knew anything about his drug issues. The team didnt know until the offseason going into 86 and the orginazation got him help. They thought he was doing the right things.

Quincy carter was in the program and failed a test knowing the thin line he was walking. I dont understand your problem with this.

My point was that Taylor's problems continued even long after '86. Like I said above, in Dan Reeves' first year in '93(which happened to be LT's last year there), cameras caught him snoozing on the sidelines near the tail end of games. Reports were that he was out partying in the wee hours of the night before.

If any of the Cowboys players pull this stunt, they would get absolutely pillared on this board.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pacman is always innocent.

Hes 1 more innocent act away from getting a life ban and hes still out being an idiot.

------

If you guys want to read some old Pacman threads with his crew of "hes always innocent believers" start on page 262 of this forum.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pacman may be a thug, but there's no question he's not only one heck of a player, but he's also turned out to be one heck of a cover corner for us.

All you Roy haters wanted him off the team-you got your wish, only to realize the guy brought alot to the table when all was said and done(i.e. run support missed).

So for all you Pacman haters that want him to run out of town...Enjoy! Don't come back here crying if our pass D takes a hit.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2337723 said:
Pacman may be a thug, but there's no question he's not only one heck of a player, but he's also turned out to be one heck of a cover corner for us.

Exaggerate much?

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2337726 said:
Exaggerate much?

I was talking about ON THE FIELD-he's played very, very well as a cover corner for us.

Like I said-you want him out, that's fine. But if our pass D suffers tremendously, don't come back here crying how his presence is sorely missed. You guys did the same cycle with Roy.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2337732 said:
I was talking about ON THE FIELD-he's played very, very well as a cover corner for us.

Like I said-you want him out, that's fine. But if our pass D suffers tremendously, don't come back here crying how his presence is sorely missed. You guys did the same cycle with Roy.

I think your definition of playing 'very very well' is rather loose, and I really haven't missed Roy at all.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2337737 said:
I think your definition of playing 'very very well' is rather loose, and I really haven't missed Roy at all.

Oh come on........don't be in denial.

Seven

Reaction score
Boysboy;2337723 said:

InmanRoshi;2337726 said:
Exaggerate much?

No kidding.

Boysboy;2337732 said:

No, he hasn't.

Seven

Reaction score
Boysboy;2337723 said:
All you Roy haters wanted him off the team-you got your wish, only to realize the guy brought alot to the table when all was said and done(i.e. run support missed).

So for all you Pacman haters that want him to run out of town...Enjoy! Don't come back here crying if our pass D takes a hit.

Boysboy;2337749 said:
Homerism 101

I guess............. It ain't hatred, make no mistake. Bonefied disbelief.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2337749 said:
Homerism 101

Homerism is inflating the performance of a player because he plays on your favorite team.

I believe you're the one guilty of homerism.

PacMan has been nothing special on the field since coming to the Cowboys. He's hit or miss as a CB, and has provided the team with zero big plays in either turnovers or punt returns.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2337768 said:
Homerism is inflating the performance of a player because he plays on your favorite team.

I believe you're the one guilty of homerism. PacMan has been nothing special since coming to the Cowboys.

Actually-the Pacman homers on this board have been inflating how he's "innocent" of that scuffle last year(I'm not one of them).

Anyhow-Homerism also is the same for DEFLATING the performance of a player on your favorite team to RATIONALIZE why he shouldn't be on the team.

Remember when Flo went down 3 years ago? Most Zoners said how his loss would help the team b/c of his boneheaded false starts and penalties that costed us games, blah, blah, blah...only to realize later how was he truely the MVP of this offense. Now THAT was HOMERISM.