****ULTIMATE T.OWENS THREAD *MERGE*

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
This is a Reid play

He knew his team was listless and season tanking. TO continuing to be TO. Mcnabb on the verge of going down for season. Season's near done anyway.

This is an opportunity for the team to rally against TO. This may fire up the Eagles.

Sometimes you let a sleeping Giant rest.....

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
The idiot Iggles get everything theyn deserve for bring that cancer into their family with open arms.

I still want to see McNabb vs. Owens in a no holds barred match on pay-per-view. Get it done Vince McMann!!!
Ha! I'd put my money on TO..he's as insane as those 'pro wrestlers' pretend to be.

I imagine in a fight TO is capable of letting it ALL hang out. Something Donovan is not. The normal lingering reserves of even those folks heated enough to be seeing red wouldn't be there for Owens, is my guess.

That helpful little piece in the back of the mind whispering "you've gone too far now", or warning "one more punch might put me behind bars"...the kind of common sense that can crowd out even a full blown rage?...

...I hear tell that part of the cranium is shut off to psychos.

kmp77

Reaction score
TO seems to be the type to scratch, claw and pull hair when he fights.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Another version of the story is the frog carrying the scorpion across the pond.

Sorry Ad. :lmao2:
To fully expound it went something like this.

There was a frog and a scorpion on the bank of a lake and they had the following conversation.

Scorpion: Mr. Frog could you please give me a ride to the other side of the lake?
Frog: No way Mr. Scorpion because you will surely sting me and I don't want to die
Scorpion: No way would I do such a thing to someone that has been grateful to me. So I will ask again, will you please give me a ride to the other side?
Frog: I still don't feel comfortable giving you a ride because frankly I don't trust you.
Scorpion: You can trust me; I promise I won't sting you.
Frog: You promise?
Scorpion: Yea I promise.
Frog: Ok, hop on my back and I will give you a lift.

Half way across the lake, the scorpion raises his tail and stings the frog.

Frog: OUCH! Why did you sting me? You promise you wouldn’t; now we both are going to die!
Scorpion: It just my nature Mr. Frog, it is just my nature.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
kmp77 said:
TO seems to be the type to scratch, claw and pull hair when he fights.
I think he's more likely the type to pick up a nearby tire iron or when he's got his man down, kick him in the face.

Really, I would not want to see any player, any human being in fact, in a fight with that nutcase.

JDSmith

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
The idiot Iggles get everything theyn deserve for bring that cancer into their family with open arms.

I still want to see McNabb vs. Owens in a no holds barred match on pay-per-view. Get it done Vince McMann!!!

TO would probably win a lot of fights simply based on his pure athletecism and toughness. He's probably too much physically for McNabb. Dawkins would roll over him though and win by anything he wants. Most football players really can't fight much, they never have to. I doubt that TO has been in many real fights in his life that went to a conclusion, and weren't broken up or done wearing full football uniforms. The odds are pretty good that he's never been in such and altercation. That's why Dawkins would hurt him, and roll right over him - I'd actually pay to see that.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's try to keep these threads confined to one as there are just too many on the main board right now.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
TO would probably win a lot of fights simply based on his pure athletecism and toughness. He's probably too much physically for McNabb. Dawkins would roll over him though and win by anything he wants. Most football players really can't fight much, they never have to. I doubt that TO has been in many real fights in his life that went to a conclusion, and weren't broken up or done wearing full football uniforms. The odds are pretty good that he's never been in such and altercation. That's why Dawkins would hurt him, and roll right over him - I'd actually pay to see that.
It depends. I think knowing how to fight have little to do with playing football or not but have more to do with where an individual grew up. Also living in the 'football' dorm is pretty salvage and one would be surprise of the level of brutality that goes on in there.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Best match up for TO would be Ray Lewis, imo. :)

JDSmith

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
It depends. I think knowing how to fight have little to do with playing football or not but have more to do with where an individual grew up. Also living in the 'football' dorm is pretty salvage and one would be surprise of the level of brutality that goes on in there.

Again, most guys who are pro quality athletes can get by on pure athletecism. Unless their opponent is trained they are simply going to be too physically gifted for that person to compete. The difference between a guy like TO and a guy like Dawkins though, is that Dawkins trains muay thai and brazilian jiu jitsu/submission grappling in the offseason, while TO is lifting weights and standing in front of the mirror admiring himself. So Dawkins has the same physical skill set that TO does, but a LOT more skill and pratice putting that athleticism to use in actual combat. Most professional athletes simply don't know much about fighting. I have yet to see a fight in or around a game where I came away impressed with the skill of the players involved. Mostly it's a bunch of poorly thrown punches and sloppy grappling. Which is probably what the Douglas/TO 'fight' looked like.

JDSmith

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Best match up for TO would be Ray Lewis, imo. :)

I'd take Dawkins over Lewis too. A little skill goes a long way. Dawkins versus Lewis would probably go to the ground where Dawkins would submit him with an armbar or choke him into unconsciousness.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
I'd take Dawkins over Lewis too. A little skill goes a long way. Dawkins versus Lewis would probably go to the ground where Dawkins would submit him with an armbar or choke him into unconsciousness.
unless ray brings out the shank.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I think it also has to do with how many brothers you had who were close in age. :D I grew up in a home that was far from violent, but each and every one of my brothers was a no-holds barred street fighter when crossed, and my hubby tops them all. They rarely fought and only about something they deemed really important but when they did, it was lights out.

I agree with JD most football players don't 'have to' fight much, but I don't think it's about that so much as a guy is either a fighter or he is not.

I'd guess Donovan is not. TO is.

SO is my boy AH, imo. LOL

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
JD, is Dawkins into martial arts or boxing? He seems like a tough guy but I don't know that he has any special skills.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It's all TO all day on all the pregame shows.

At least it's not Tedy Bruschi "schmaltz" I guess.

JDSmith

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
JD, is Dawkins into martial arts or boxing? He seems like a tough guy but I don't know that he has any special skills.

Mixed martial arts. Muay thai kickboxing, brazilian jiu jitsu/submission wrestling. Link.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Mixed martial arts. Muay thai kickboxing, brazilian jiu jitsu/submission wrestling. Link.
Ahh, you're right then....a KO..before the lunatic can go for the tire iron.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
davidyee said:
Hostile said:
It's all TO all day on all the pregame shows./

What are they saying about this topic? How are they spinning it?
You name it, they are saying it. 17 minutes into the show and I don't think there's been another topic yet.